It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War... absolute lunacy.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

wdkirk
War is the inevitability of Nature.

It is the process of natural selection in the human race.

The weak will not inheret the earth.

The survivors will.....and they will start the process.....all.....over....again.

If I understand you right the distruction of mankind has everything to do with the natural section, the selection of the launch button of an ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile) ?
edit on 1/2/2014 by zatara because: Intercontinental Ballistic Nuclear Missile

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Nope, that was the lowest bidder.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

No, I don't think you quite are getting what he's saying.

I think he's saying that war is a natural outgrowth of our competitive natural instincts that select the most fit to survive, reproduce and carry on to next generation. In animals, this is tempered, but in humans, our other natural talents have grown this into war where we actually can endanger the species rather than improve it through our natural selection spats.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If speaking about Hitler - he certainly wanted to weed out some in order for others to thrive. Is this a natural process - to lead people to their death through lying and then slowly torture them? Or to strap a bomb to a 3 year old only so he can get blown away? That is lunacy. I come from a military family and the effects of it don't stop when the war is over. It doesn't do a damn thing to advance society other than in Darwinian terms. Psychologically - it screws people, families, and societies up (look at N. korea).

Vietnam for example did a lot of harm - aside from the physical deaths there were soul deaths from that war. Soldiers getting spit on, coming home to scrub toilets, etc.. Some positives - we found out that even 19 year olds have cholesterol in their arteries, got some great music, and saw citizens protest - so some checks and balances. Out of WWII we got the NSA (where it truly began) (positive for wartime/negative today). We also stimulated the economy. Down sides - a collective unconscious nightmare.

I'm anxious to hear, with supporting evidence, why war is better than peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

It's good business.MONEY! that's all. Peace is always better but we are a war state and that is what those we elect demand.

The many officers who said "NO" are a testament to that. They sacrificed their CAREERS rather than betray their people, now they are armed vets ...like me,waiting to see just how far the infiltrator will go.

If you have never seen 1st hand what we do in war. I understand it's hard to believe the government plays second fiddle to us all.
You don't want to.
Be thoughtful when you vote,LEARN who the liar you chose is. Demand responsability.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

As if they know exactly what they are doing...

Hitler provided a meal ticket for those willing to work in the war-industry. How many men..and women are willing to sign for the army if they have no job? These men and women are not only soldiers but also scientist.

Is there a picture here?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
When you break it all down, the morals we live by, the wars we fight, the peace we usher in are all "moral" ideas passed down along the time line of the human race.

What you call peace, others would call war. The definitions you choose to explain it all with were created by humans. We wrote the rule book for ourselves.

We sit in judgement of ourselves. There's nothing else that can judge us. I'm not saying were gods, I am saying there is NOTHING ELSE that can judge us. If we destroy ourselves and the planet, the universe will not even skip a beat.

What if PEACE is not a natural state?

We've been taught all that we know. We think we live in a just and moral society for the most part. We think war is inevitable but would love to have just ONE decade of piece....only so that we can go to war again.

As long as your neighbor is "different" than you, has something you want, chooses a different lifestyle, eats different food, watches a different TV program that you don't like, prays to a different god.....the list goes on.......there will be war and there will be death. It is inevitable.

Here's a happy thought for you: Once the human race realizes that advancing the species is more important than advancing individual ideology we might just have a shot as a species.

Until then, we are destined for extinction.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Now that is where you and I differ.

I believe there is a higher power who will judge us at the end of our lives and at the end of it all, and a large part of that judgment will involve an examination of how I've treated others.

Now mind, It's not about how I believe about what others do in their private lives, but how I actually live in respect to them and act and treat them. The old adage that actions speak louder than words is the truth.

No, people fall into war because they are simply falling prey to their animal natures and see no reason to control them, and trying to enforce a collectivist mindset doesn't temper those instincts.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by wdkirk

Now that is where you and I differ.

I believe there is a higher power who will judge us at the end of our lives and at the end of it all, and a large part of that judgment will involve an examination of how I've treated others.

Now mind, It's not about how I believe about what others do in their private lives, but how I actually live in respect to them and act and treat them. The old adage that actions speak louder than words is the truth.

No, people fall into war because they are simply falling prey to their animal natures and see no reason to control them, and trying to enforce a collectivist mindset doesn't temper those instincts.

We need there to be a higher power. It is what emboldens us.

The morals you live by are human morals and may not measure up to a higher power.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Does it not for a big part boils down to what the nature of a human in general is? Is a humanbeing a peaceful creature or a violent agressive creature? There are the exceptions of course. Some say that the characteristics of a sociopath the next step, or a step in human evolution is.

Maybe a lot depents on how society 'create' a person. If society doesn't bring speaceful standards and values for its children the next generation will probably be worse. The basis for a peaceful world starts with the government and at home.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join