It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War... absolute lunacy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The other day I watched a docu about the last few days of world war two and made me think about the stupidness and cruelty of mankind.

In this film some veterans were interviewed and one of them was a captain who served in the canadian intelligence office in occupied Holland. After the WWII-experiance this officer came to some interesting thoughts.

Quote," Its lunacy..not just parcial lunacy but absolute lunacy. And it is maybe the most distinguising feature of the human species as an animal. That we are subject to this terrible, terrible kind of lunacy. From which the ultimte conclusion that I drew, and I have retained it...is that it is probably the symtoom or symbol or the diagnosed indication of the way we are going to end ".

And he is of course absolutely right when he says war is lunacy... but strangely enough..(or not) there are enough people who do not think so. Foremost highly educated people who make such decisions do not think so...or pretent not to think so.

These educated people... who decide what is good for us...represent humankind when it comes to the distruction of our kind.

Isn't that weird? The common (uneducated) people do not want war because they know what it brings to their families and future. But it seems that these educated people are such morons and lunatics that they willingly and consciously choose for war.

What is that all about?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Are you purely referring to WAR or to all violence between two differing people?

After all, War is just a game between nations, between to people its called a fight!

Either way, the reasons for enacting both can be dubious although sometime necessary.

The outcome though is often not considered carefully enough!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The difference between your Canadian in the documentary and the current generation in power is that your Canadian had lived it and experienced it.

Most of the people today have not. Even learning it in a classroom isn't the same as the direct experience unless you really have a good imagination. Remember, you can tell most little kids that the pot on the stove is hot, but they still have to touch it to discover that for themselves.

So, we are being led by people who don't really know what war is. It's an abstract to them. And for most of us in the rest of the world, war is an abstract. Until we live it, we don't know it.

So, we're set up for another worldwide conflict, another very bloody and tragic lesson because we are incapable of truly learning from history.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

But it seems that these educated people are such morons and lunatics that they willingly and consciously choose for war.

What is that all about?

Nono. I gave you a star and flag, but hold on a sec.
Yes, war is lunacy. Truly "educated" people abhor it. You're confusing 'education' with 'politicians' and the military/industrial high-ups. I think.

edit on 2/1/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

ketsuko

So, we're set up for another worldwide conflict, another very bloody and tragic lesson because we are incapable of truly learning from history.

I think you are absolutely correct that we are headed for a global conflict but I believe the reason is economic, not lack of understanding history. The military industrial complex, the powers that be, full well knows the history of war.

www.washingtonpost.com...

We are a warrior nation! A super power....what do you expect?
edit on 1-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
"I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman

He said it best.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Interesting, but too narrow of a perspective.

I've been working on a thread that discusses how war is the single greatest factor contributing to the advancement of human civilization. With supporting data.

To the individual on the battlefield, war is an exercise in lunacy. I can attest to that. But it is also a major driver of innovation. And in my opinion, one of the key elements that defines human beings.

War is not fun, but it's necessary.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

To the individual on the battlefield, war is an exercise in lunacy. I can attest to that. But it is also a major driver of innovation. And in my opinion, one of the key elements that defines human beings.

Ooooo. Ouch.

I respectfully disagree. Innovation does not require "war."

I'll look forward to your thread, though. I can't think of one reason to defend warfare.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
As long as one country has something that another wants or just doesn't have there will be war. You don't have to justify war. When someone walks up to you and punches you in the face, you punch them back. No reason to explain. Put a couple three year olds in a room with one toy, they will fight. Just human nature I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I appreciate anyone who has come to the conclusion that war is idiotic. Now defending yourself if you're caught in a war is totally different and a whole other subject.

War really is proof we are animals. Hopefully we'll evolve before we destroy each other, but it ain't looking good.
edit on 1-2-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

War IMO just moves sperm around the planet and freshens the pot...

Sparrows squabbling and bighorn sheep knocking each other off the cliff... same thing. Bu, we're too damn evolved to see that we are animals, and motivated by animal instinct. I hope we ' get it ' before it's too late.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

If we had our world politicians fighting their own wars over their differences instead of having our young men and women do their bidding, we would no longer have people wanting to run for a political office. War would no longer be in our vocabulary.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Unfortunately this is correct because of money. Not much pays well out side of the military industrial complex. Innovation certainly doesn't REQUIRE it but that is how the bastards have set up the system.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

watchitburn
reply to post by zatara

I've been working on a thread that discusses how war is the single greatest factor contributing to the advancement of human civilization. With supporting data.

We are a stupid, hateful, low-life race of beings if it takes war for us to innovate and advance. That's all I have to say about that.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

If we had our world politicians fighting their own wars over their differences instead of having our young men and women do their bidding, we would no longer have people wanting to run for a political office. War would no longer be in our vocabulary.

HIGH FIVE!!!
Exactly. And here I thought I was all alone in thinking that!!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Innovation certainly doesn't REQUIRE it but that is how the bastards have set up the system.

Yeah. And just to what is another war's inspiration going to lead someone to 'innovate' ??? WORSE WEAPONS.

It's sickening.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by zatara

But it seems that these educated people are such morons and lunatics that they willingly and consciously choose for war.

What is that all about?

Nono. I gave you a star and flag, but hold on a sec.
Yes, war is lunacy. Truly "educated" people abhor it. You're confusing 'education' with 'politicians' and the military/industrial high-ups. I think.

edit on 2/1/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Especially the high educated professionals should know that war doesn't bring happines for man and is really unnecessary. No matter what your speciallity is as an educated man, you are trained think logical and able to comprehend that war is not the answer.

Yes I mean the politicians and the military high ups. Most of these men, if not all have at least a college degree. The problem is of course how stupid these induviduals are. That is why I mentioned..."or pretent not to know"..in the OP. With other words they damn well know, but choose to do the wrong thing for the money or to further their carreer.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

watchitburn
reply to post by zatara

Yes, I agree..War is a motivation to advance technology but is the wrong motivation. There are other ways to get motivated and accomplish the same results. A good example is the space race of the 20th century. Of course there were militairy forces working to show Russia you can also put a warhead on the top of an Apollo Saturn rocket. But if you take that millitairy factor out of the equation there are enough reasons to be the first with the technology to put a man on the moon.

An other reason could be to develop a way to get off this planet cheap and start a colony on Mars for example. Without wars the global population will grow faster and will we need other planets to live on...that will be a plausibel motivation and driver to chase innovation. Such undertakings will provide work and companies can compete in a healthy way.

No, I think that war is unnecessay for innovation. I am starting to belief that war is an excuse for certain people, for the use of making easy money.

edit on 1/2/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Bazart
reply to post by zatara

War IMO just moves sperm around the planet and freshens the pot...

Sparrows squabbling and bighorn sheep knocking each other off the cliff... same thing. Bu, we're too damn evolved to see that we are animals, and motivated by animal instinct. I hope we ' get it ' before it's too late.

Not much sperm if its been killed off by radiation.......
edit on 1-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
War is the inevitability of Nature.

It is the process of natural selection in the human race.

The weak will not inheret the earth.

The survivors will.....and they will start the process.....all.....over....again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join