It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Calm Before the Storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You've checked and checked, there is no news. Highlights of the month include fraudulent scientists, blurred coffee stained Mars pictures, and political stagnation. What's going on? The Calm before the Storm.

I can feel it. You can feel it. It's your hair standing up as you read on. It's your chest tightening when you read the word secret. It's that feeling that your missing something as you stare up at the sky. What's about to happen? Something. News comes and news goes, discoveries are made every month. It's that idea that keeps my blood pumping. I skim from Dark Matter Detectors to Obama's views on the Economy with one thing in common. I wait. How long do I have to wait? I'm waiting for the day when I feel complete. When I feel satisfied with the status quo. I'm waiting for the day of wanting; or the day of wanting no more. Every day I check these threads along with scouring the news section of google with hot key words such as fusion, energy, space, warp and each day nothing changes.

I yearn for the change in life. Soon we are going to travel faster then the speed of light and discover there are worlds of intelligent life in our locale. Soon we are going to create home 3d printers that can produce everything from my coffee, eggs and bacon; to my prescription medicines, with a break in between to print out a simple craftsman project for me to put together in my free time. But that will cost energy. Soon we are going to pay near nothing for our electricity.

Cold fusion is being introduced into the United States through Industrial Heat Inc. FTL travel is being tested by NASA, who is also making food replicators. Lawmakers are trudging through bureaucratic procedures to make life better for those who love smoking pot along with other quality of life improvements. Everything is looking up in life. But how long do I have to remain seated and calm? Why am I waiting?

I'm just guessing here but let's say America spends $10 billion making newer iPhones with half inch larger screens.... Isn't that a bit of a waste? These companies complain that their goods lose value, well quit pulling the same ones out of your ass. Instead of spending that money on a new gadget for the world, spend it on a new World for the world. If more people knew what was going on in all the scientific experimentation going on two things would happen. 1. The world would wait better 2. Research would go faster

THe problem is the media. In the News we hear about these amazing discoveries "about" to happen. The media gets us hyped years before they come out then leave us in the dark. The media creates an addictive drug out of news, by telling the world a bit of it and holding the juicy center until it is already widely known.

We are in the calm. There is a new breakthrough right around the corner. Unfortunately, I have no clue which it is because I've been teased by media with a flight of tastes of what the future could hold for us. I doubt anyone really knows what the future holds for us.

If they made scientific research projects public with direct public access there would be no calm before the storm. There needs to be more media coverage of fringe sciences and future breakthroughs and developments on a daily basis for my satisfication of the status quo. I want to be able to go on to a teleporter development company website or a FTL travel research site or a Compact Anti-hydrogen beam Generator Facility and read everyday what you did. Where is our research money going? I have no clue what you did last week, oh you bought pizza, great! but What about your research? If they are doing a test for particles of zebras passing through the money field I want to know how many stripes the first horse had. Ok

Also if they gave us this information we could contribute more. But that's for a different rant.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ChefSlug

Soon we are going to pay near nothing for our electricity.

I can guarantee you thats never going to happen.

If a new invention, it will be bought up and suppressed. The current infrastructure is to entrenched to allow it.

If you can't afford the rising cost of heat and light you can sit in the dark and freeze.

Where I live, every day is a "spare the air" day now.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Everything slows down, it's an unwriten rule as times go by and we discover more and more....of the easy stuff.

But as the easy stuff runs out, it will take longer time to discover the hard stuff.

Think of your intelligens, you learn all your life, but everyone has an intelligens barrier so everything up to the barrier is easy, but everything behind the barrier is hard, you can still learn it though it just takes much more time and dedication.

Right now humanity has reached it's barrier and have to think a lot more and spend more time to get the to conclusions.

This is also why you in the news will see more and more useless stuff, cause they don't know what to tell you.

Movies has run out of ideas, and are now starting to redo old movies, music has used all the notes and chords, lyric's has the same meaning but the words are just switched around and so on and so on.
edit on 1-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

It just seems that way. News is on a 24-hour cycle. Of course, it seems like they have nothing to say. Unless something big happens, they're reaching most of the time. After a while, it all adds up in your psyche.

As for Hollywood, they've gone formulaic. They've lost the knack for telling stories, and the screen writers of today grew up watching movies instead of reading the great novels of yesterday. What you see now is mostly based off of the old movies of yesterday rather than readings of the past masters of lit. It has a telling effect on the quality.

As for music, people don't want to listen to things like Beethoven or Bach of Mozart. There are plenty of variations that can be done with the notes and chords and tempos and rhythms, but complexity is out right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

You actually just said what i said, just with a different wording.

But you are right, there is allways a new story to tell, and there is allways a new song to write, but in reality it is just the same stories repeated, and the same songs writen.

It might be it's because i am getting old, cause for a new born it will be completly new.

But when you look at the whole humanity, it's just getting same same.

As he say in his rant and as you say in your comment, we are waiting for something big to happen, so that we have something new to talk about.

That will happen, and when it does it might be so big that our intelligens gets a big boost, like for example we found out how to travel through space at light speed, well, that would open up for a whole new world of discovery and posibility, stories and songs.

But we all know that it won't happen tomorrow so untill then, we just have to continou do what we know now...The easy stuff.

Btw, i make music...Electronic, and acustic, music is wonderful, so don't get me wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Excellent writing OP although you kinda lost me there at the end.

The scientific breakthroughs are available for the looking on line; you just have to know where to look. There are plenty of start up companies and fantastic ideas coming out of highly trained and highly intelligent minds all over the place, and for a little exploration and research, you can be part of the new world that's coming. It's all going to be a matter of where the balance lands; whether we're willing to beat back the psychopaths and politicians and bankers and mass murderers to make it clear that the status quo is not going to be tolerated anymore.

I'd recommend the Zeitgeist Movement's voluminous website (see the technical forums especially for cutting edge research and what is NOW possible) for information on another way of doing things and connection to people who are not waiting for the rest of the world to catch on.

There's also dozens of on line science magazines covering all manner of free or nearly free (home made, off grid) energy and
3-D printers are getting spookily good at this point.

If you can imagine it, you can make it a reality.

I await the confluence of the day when lying to the public is impossible because a critical mass has achieved awareness, and self-education becomes the rule rather than the exception, and people realize that only by working for the common good can their own safety and sovereignty be achieved.

S&F, great rant.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm with ya slug. Good read. Could feel your passion.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

ketsuko

As for Hollywood, they've gone formulaic. They've lost the knack for telling stories, and the screen writers of today grew up watching movies instead of reading the great novels of yesterday. What you see now is mostly based off of the old movies of yesterday rather than readings of the past masters of lit. It has a telling effect on the quality.

AS someone that works in the industry [SAG/AFTRA, IATSE] hollywood is about making money not art, and they have rooms full of bean counters searching for the winning formula. You are correct. There is some good stuff that comes out of Hollywood.....ex. "Mud" "Rush"

It's in the indy world where thought provoking media art is trying to give hollywood some stiff competition.

"Beasts of the Southern Wild"
"Winters Bone"
"Frutevale Station"

If you are dissatisfied with the media content; join us screenwriters and tell your story, dreams, hopes, etc.
Bitching on ATS won't help...be the change you want!! Tell the truth as you see it!!

This might help...

www.celtx.com...

edit on 1-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Of the 3 Indy movies you just showed only Beast of the southern wild is breaking the curse of "Make something that hasn't been done before".

Winters bone, a typical rednex story about family bond and hard times, we have seen that so many times it's allmost embarrassing another one is made.

Frutevale Station, true story dramatised, done and done again.

If anything you proved my point IMO., though the Beast of the southern wild, a story seen through the eye's of a child, well, it's not rare, but they allways have a nice touch to them through a little fantasy mixed with reality, i think i will like that one.

join