It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is our FOCUS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sure we have our daily occupations and things to worry about, and focus on. Of course we ultimately choose what we focus on, in the end of it all. This I have certainly learned...

With that said, what are we, as an industrialized, globalized, supposedly "civilized" people doing in terms of our focus? Are we applying it in ways that are going to benefit not only us, but future generations? Are we mentally giving enough mental energy to these truly revolutionary thoughts and things that can help us in immense, fantastic ways?

If not, what is blocking us, and why? Are the reasons of why valid; do they supercede the needs of not only humanity, but this entire planet and the habitats which provide a grounds for life as we know it today?

Something to ponder, which I'm sure many of you already do.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Really incredibly post, asking really incredible questions. How to answer? Fear. False expectation of what others want us to be. I bought into illusions that the TV told me about.

Liberation from all this is about connecting to the most real things in this world, and that seems to be hard for us in this day and age. But the power to do it never leaves us.

Thanks for that post, it makes me happy.
edit on 1-2-2014 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Where is our FOCUS?

Tell us. Where is our focus.

You first.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i was thinking distraction, and a lot of industrialization, political norms, and societal flux has us inhibited from focusing on what's really important. It's all important, but the fact is that one man doesn't have the strength to benefit from focusing on anything but his own simple life. Sure, it helps to specialize in order to take care of certain things, but one person can only do so much. I wouldn't expect anyone to focus on all matters at hand, it's too much for anyone to bear.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I would question "civilized", considering humanity still turns to wars to solve their differences. I really think most of our focus is on developing technologies to be used in wars, rather than using it to help humanity now and in the future. My major concerns for humanity is curing deadly diseases, clean, safe and renewable energy, hunger, and finding new technologies to dispose and recycle garbage.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The way I see it is our past has been destroyed or removed intentionally so that we know not where we came from. Or a strong foundation of doubt has been instilled on where we came from.

If we solve this problem we will know where we want to go.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

for some reason this reminded me of the baal introduction cinema at the start of act 5 in diablo 2

something about long forgotten, and his echo crackling in the distance.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Reality is stranger than fiction.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

bitsforbytes
reply to post by Jarring

Reality is stranger than fiction.

i don't think it was all necessarily destroyed or removed intentionally. like, i can understand reasoning behind forgetting, or it being somehow lost as time went on.

Especially for us humans. Just think about any time you may have experienced some sort of relevation...it can be hard to remember what went through your mind to have this sort of experience, you can only remember the experience.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

History has been tampered with. We don't know where we are going because we don't know where we come from.

The debate is are we created or not?

I say we are and forces are trying to make forget this, so that we fall out of touch with what we are supposed to do.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

i can't completely believe that knowledge of our creation was tampered with. for some reason it just seems reasonable to have forgotten. kind of like how none of us remembers being born.

it's easy to forget when new information keeps crossing your path.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It vanished into the realms of our cell phones, video games, and the overwhemling amount of other distractions without bounds we're presented with every day through both technology, other material items and social behavior. Is it a choice? To an extent... but not fully. Our focus is now in the hands of amphetamine medications if your environmental surroundings prove to be too much.

top topics

join