Any Methods of Countering Effects of Mercury Retrograde?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hello all,
Any suggestions on this?
I'm only intermediate when it comes to Astrology and Astronomy. It's just not my main department.
I could research by Googling like a lazy sod, or hit the library or my own collections of Alice Baily and Rosicrucian works etc., but honestly guys, I just don't understand a lot of it for all my trying.
In the month starting today, I really can't have the retrograde effects. I have to make some major changes from one entire era in my life to the next. I did a pretty serious New Moon - Black Moon Manifestation last night, and set what is to happen into motion.
Would I work with energies and frequencies which would be "opposite" that of Mercury, to counter the retrograde, or go with it to phase the frequencies? If it's retrograde that means backwards motion somehow?
Seriously, that's about all I understand. Can someone explain this in a way I can grasp a bit better?
I'd most surely appreciate it, and send the goodness back to ya in multitudes.
Thanks in advance!
edit on 1-2-2014 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

Countering the effects?

How about mind over matter?

Tell yourself astrology is a load of rubbish, and the effects will be nill.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Just say no to strawberry conspiracies, whatever you do...

Err.. I suppose that dates me more than a little bit.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Any suggestions on this?

When in worry,
When in doubt,
Run in circles,
Scream and shout.

In this case I would recommend clockwise.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

KAOStheory
I have to make some major changes from one entire era in my life to the next.

Then just change, do not rely on astrology rubbish - although you can use it as a excuse as to why you never changed - "it was not my fault, the stars/planets were wrong"

Can someone explain this in a way I can grasp a bit better?

Just do what all astrologers do - make crap up!
edit on 1-2-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

KAOStheory
Hello all,
Any suggestions on this?
I'm only intermediate when it comes to Astrology and Astronomy. It's just not my main department.
I could research by Googling like a lazy sod, or hit the library or my own collections of Alice Baily and Rosicrucian works etc., but honestly guys, I just don't understand a lot of it for all my trying.

So rather then do the work yourself - so you can understand - you ask others to do the work for you? It's lazy to 'google' and read books.

Intermediate understanding.... Really?

My recommendation, regarding mercury retrograde, is don't talk to or write to anyone during the period of the retrograde.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Dear little Mercury isn't retrograde its at 0' Pisces 23 and rushing forward. It goes retrograde on Friday 7th Feb.

In 'gereral' it governs your communications, information you get and local journeys and maybe some relatives etc and all aspects associated with these things.

To try to counter its effects simply ensure all your communication apparatus has spares like ink cartridges and don't plan any important contract signing etc because Mercury retrograde means dealing with delays - in communication and your normal everyday short journeys eg its when the car breaks down. Some people are born with Mercury retrograde and it effects how they internalise information etc etc its too complex to put into a few lines. I suggest you either read up on it with a book by a known astrologer or monitor what happens to you and how you feel from Friday 7th Feb to Sat 18th March. You may notice very little if it doesn't aspect directly into your natal chart though.

I would say just recently with the delays in virtually everything my family are doing it could well be taking a damn holiday.

Good luck and enjoy your astrology despite what the 'conditioned' minds of today think about it and remember the one phrase coming from both the Papacy and Royalty - astrology is Not for the common man hence the media's work to make it look ludicrous. I leave you to make what you will over that little gem.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

I leave you to make what you will over that little gem.

Can I try?
Does it mean it only works for the elite?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ha Ha! Its only the elite that use it and take it seriously, if you look at the majority of the comments here from ordinary folk in which I include myself - case you wondered.

It was Nero who first decided for the powerful that astrology was to be taken away from mass use simply because some use it for predicting death - and the death of an Emperor or when best to try to assassinate said Emperor and succeed could be predicted so he felt. It meant every astrologer who worked for him was killed as soon as he saw a date. Hence the last one told him he would die after his astrologer did.

Astrology has gone underground but its still alive and working very well. The Media in the papers, online and magazines etc ensure its ridiculed by their sun sign articles which do a very good job. However, its still thriving with Financial astrologers, those for the Royals and the Papacy etc, its even been used in the White House, Hitler used it and so did Churchill. Just the fact that its lasted through from the Pagan Sumerian / Babylonian era through the Papacy and into today should tell you something, regardless of the famous and highly educated who openly put their names to its skill through the different eras.

Its personal choice for all though is really what it boils down to and its popular to scoff at what many don't actually know anything about.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Try a neighboring solar system until Mercury is no longer in retrograde.

Hang out near Alpha Centauri from February 6th to 28th.

Assuming astrology is true, how else could you avoid it..??

Assuming it's true and it basically messes everything up, I would think it prudent to not make big decisions during this time and don't take things too seriously from others. It's just the Mercury talking.

Don't buy into the astrology stuff myself. Maybe I just don't know enough about it.. the daily horoscopes are an insult to intelligence that I am sure of.
edit on 1-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Yea, erase the supposed effects from your mind, even if they are to some degree true, and give a strong conviction that they will not affect you.

That should due if you put enough intention and commitment into it my friend!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Phage

Any suggestions on this?

When in worry,
When in doubt,
Run in circles,
Scream and shout.

In this case I would recommend clockwise.

I like your new groove here Phage. It's refreshing, it's like the new you, cool like a cat, smart as a whip

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Greetings KAOS,
While Mercury is retrograde, familiar channels of communications become tangled and confused. Expect delays and changes in plans. Use this time for researching and problem-solving. A lot of people make some mistakes when jumping into the occult withut a proper understanding of the fundamentals. Of course, several different schools of the mysteries will have their own fundamentals, however, if you are coming from the Western Mystery Tradition, which utilizes Sidereal Astrology, then I have a few suggestions, and if you are coming from the Chaos paradigm, and taking a more pragmatic, 'pick and choose' method for your practice, then you are also in luck. First, I must recommend you purchase a traditional Tarot deck with Zodiacal and Alchemical attributions - this will be an excellent teacher for the Classical understanding of the Arts (BOTA Tarot, Crowley THOTH, or Cicero's Golden Dawn, are usually sought after).

For the fundamentals:
High Magic - Frater U.D. (Good mix of Chaos and Traditional Methods)
Magick in Theory and Practice - Aleister Crowley (The Blue Brick)
The Golden Dawn - Israel Regardie (The Black Brick)
Hands-On Chaos Magic - by Andrieh Vitimus (excellent)
Modern Magick - D.M. Kraig (excellent)

Online Resources:
bota.org
rosicrucian.org
hermeticgoldendawn.org
thelemicgoldendawn.net
zodiacarts.com (your moon phase calendar with retrograde analysis)

All the Best,
-kissy

93 93/93

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

To all of the negetive one line responders to the OPs question I posit the following.

With the growing acceptance of the electric universe theory and growing belief in the subtle influences of the planets in general and universe at large upon us all. Isn't it prudent to give astrology and the influence of these subtle energies a fresh look?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
To all of those saying it's rubbish, thanks, now get out of our forum and find one you believe in. I didn't ask for your opinion on if it was real or not. This isn't the science forum. If it was, I'd spin YOU around backward.

Now, thank you to the few real responses.
I am aware it isn't in retrograde yet, the 6th I believe...
Personally I have been telling myself that It will be the opposite. For one, it has felt like it had already started for abut a week now, so initially I thought, oh that means it may be big this time.
Then I decided to tell myself that it would be the opposite. Thanks for the "mind over matter" suggestion, that's what I've been doing. I HAVE to sign contracts etc this month. That's the point of the thread.

And regarding my asking here rather than Googling, excuse me for being a human and preferring the advice and interaction of one to an article I don't fully understand written by someone I don't know and can't contact. It's called trust in your fellow man, try it sometime. I know a lot about a lot, but not everything. I consider many here to be knowledgeable and trustworthy, and ATS to be a place to share info. You got a problem with that? Find something else to do.

Again thanks to the few with helpful replies.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

With the growing acceptance of the electric universe theory and growing belief in the subtle influences of the planets in general and universe at large upon us all. Isn't it prudent to give astrology and the influence of these subtle energies a fresh look?

That's just it.

Subtle?

Here is the horoscope for Taurus today:

"Saturday, Feb 1, 2014 -- Your social life may be on the upswing now since your long-term goals are being supported by your friends. Still, there might be an awkward misunderstanding today that can muddy an otherwise pleasant situation. Take time to clarify the facts before you assume more than you know. It's easier to get the real story right from the beginning rather than cleaning up a confusing mess later on. Your no-nonsense approach is appreciated by everyone involved. "

There is absolutely nothing subtle about that. That's claiming full blown powers of prophecy. Apparently by the planets to dailyhoroscope dot com.

If you want to make a case for astrology and and the subtle energies of the planets then please do so. I am all ears. I am open minded. Not so open-minded that I will completely abandon logic in the face of what is typically passed off as 'astrology'. Perhaps all the naysayers have the wrong perception here?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

kissy princess
Greetings KAOS,
A lot of people make some mistakes when jumping into the occult withut a proper understanding of the fundamentals.

... if you are coming from the Western Mystery Tradition, which utilizes Sidereal Astrology,

Online Resources:
bota.org
rosicrucian.org
hermeticgoldendawn.org
thelemicgoldendawn.net
zodiacarts.com (your moon phase calendar with retrograde analysis)

All the Best,
-kissy

93 93/93

I'll assume that you mispoke about Western Astrology being Sidereal.

The basic difference between the two systems is that the Vedic zodiac is Sidereal and the Western is Tropical.

In Sidereal astrology, the zodiac is aligned with 27 constellations, or fixed star groups. Aries, the first sign of the zodiac, aligns with the first constellation, called Aswini.

In the tropical zodiac, the point in space when the Sun crosses the earth’s equator is the beginning point of the zodiac, or Aries.

www.robertkoch.com...
edit on 1-2-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

grubblesnert
With the growing acceptance of the electric universe theory

What growing belief is that? remember when Ison was going to prove the electric universe theory.... how nothing proponents of the EU claimed would happen, happened?

and growing belief in the subtle influences of the planets in general and universe at large upon us all.

Exactly what growing belief is that?

People will not grow until they dump silly made up superstitions like astrology. Astrology gives them a excuse for when anything happens.

"I got fired because the stars said so" is better than "I got fired because I was a lazy worker"!
edit on 2-2-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Ooops - hey, it was early & I wasn't thinking clearly LOL. Tropical, yes. Like the Marshall Islands.
Sidereal is Vedic; silly me.
edit on 2-2-2014 by kissy princess because: Edit.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
?
edit on 2-2-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join