It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I burned a snowball today… (INTERNET HOAX)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Gerizo
The policy at ATS used to be " denying ignorance".

It still is.

This bit with the snow is madness. Seriously.

I gave him a method to turn the snow into water, he scoffed at it. He was only interested in things that confirmed the hypothesis he wanted to be true. Chemtrails have created fake snow.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It simply doesn't (seem to) melt because:

1. Snow is good insulator (Igloos don't melt even with fire inside)
2. Snow has incredibly low water density (you don't see liquid coming when its melting)

And that black stuff is soot, and you get it everywhere when you hold lighter to some surface. Try it! Hold lighter on glass, it turns black, hold lighter on skin, it turns black. Its coming from butane, when it burns in limited oxygen, forming carbon and carbon monoxide. It gets limited oxygen when its against some surface.

This fake snow thing is getting ridiculous

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I live in south Cali desert area and we don't get much snow unless your in the mountains, so if we want to enjoy snow we have to take a 45 min drive. My point is, I've went on YouTube (obviously not credible), and seen these videos.
My first point is the claim that the snow doesn't melt, ok fine. My question to this point is, if the snow doesn't melt does the clothing closest to the ground, get wet? I only ask because I've played in snow before and specifically remember afterward changing clothes because of how wet they were. Ok, so I'm fine with the theory that the snow goes from solid to gas, but what snow naturally does that? Every single time It's snowed around here the snow melts and we have to deal with a lot of sludge and cold water floods. I'm not saying this hasn't happened in the east but I have t seen it. Hmmm and what about these "crazy people" putting a flame to the snow? My question to that is, who here hasn't put a flame to a snow man for sh*ts and giggles? (excuse my French) I know I did it the first chance I got as a child, well a teen. Ok my big question about this snow is, what about the CHEMICAL smell from the burning? We've all taken science and one of the first things we learned was about chemical reactions, and thats what it seems like to me when the snow is burned. I'm horrible with links but I saw a vid of a guy that melted the snow in a pot and fed it through a brita filter and was disgusted at what I saw, I'm horrible with links,otherwise I would of linked the vid. but in the vid,the end result was water with a white film floating at the top. I will end my judgements with this, to me, This is NOT real snow.
I think the question that really needs to be asked is if this is generic weather we're having what is the motive?
My answer to that is population control,
Remember what happened with Katrina?
In the words of Johnny storm
"Now imagine that EVERYWHERE"

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ok... I dunno what to say. I took my acetylene torch that I melt metal with. I took a freshly made snowball. (made by me) I hit it with the torch. It did not turn black it melted into water. I then put the water in a Pyrex pot and put it on top of my stove to evaporate it. After it evaporated I took a credit card and scraped all around the clear Pyrex bowl to find any remnants of anything. There was a some mineral residue or something as such but nothing like evaporated tap water. There was definitely NO plastic. This is what I do when I'm bored.
edit on 1-2-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: Damn capitalists...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thank you to those who were educated came in with a scientific answer to this
. (as well as those who shared their own opinions and experiences)

As for those who came here and began to bash the thread and the whole mystery/myth of "Fake Snow", I suggest you take some time off to reflect upon yourself and your life choices.

edit on 2-2-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join