It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta is not ready for a major terrorist attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
At least folks can walk out of Atlanta. In NYC, there are bridges to consider (and you know that most scenarios would see these locked down). 2 miles for smokes? I would have just walked it vs. trying to drive in the snow when the city isn't equipped to deal with it.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
OK.. how do you compare an attack to the snow storm? Then say they aren't ready? The snow/ice made traveling very tough for them, yes... I know in the north we deal with it all the time, but ice is ice and 4x4's slide and stop moving just like cars on ice sorry. It was a winter storm, rare yes but it was not the first and will not be there last.

The thought of it being a great test for them, yes
Opened there eyes to other possible things to prepare for, yes
But to say they are not ready for an attack...that is a completely different ballgame in my opinion

That's like saying an area that will flood in the spring, with all the winter snow melt will not be prepared...and it is just not true, 2 completely separate things. Case in point...several years ago the Missouri River flooded from up in the Dakota's all the way down to the Mississippi hundreds of thousands of acres of land and people effected along with it... so those people are not prepared? I believe that they are. The hardships and radical weather, it is a part of there daily life with storms, tornado's and whatever else gets thrown at them...FYI I am from that area.
People have gardens, help there neighbor, do what they need to, to survive every day...yes unexpected things happen, but they adapt, adjust, and improvise. That is a common occurrence in that area.
This is just my .02 cents

<< 1   >>

join