It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MyRA? Oops! CEO: Name of Obama’s New IRA Program Already Taken

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well ain't this real slick.

It seems Obama's brand "new" MyRA Name for his plan for people to invest in U.S. Treasury securities for retirement is already being used by more than one company !!

Brilliant to say the least yet very alarming that nobody seems to have done any research to find out if the name is already trademarked ??

Now WHAT?

The president of a South Dakota-based financial services company says he was startled to hear President Obama call his new government-sponsored retirement program "MyRA" in Tuesday’s State of the Union address because that’s the same name as his firm’s four-year-old “keynote” investment product.

MyRA? Oops! CEO: Name of Obama’s New IRA Program Already Taken

However, MyRA is not a new concept within the retirement marketplace. MyRA was actually created five years ago and is the keynote product for The Kingdom Trust Company.

Kingdom Trust Co. and Logo !!

And there's more....Look at the logo here;

For people living with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)

LOL What a Boondoggle !!

Sets a new meaning for

Full Faith and Credit

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

For next year's State of the Union address, I suggest that President Obama present the new government drink that he's invented... he can call it Coca Cola.

We will call it Koolaid.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Eminent domain. "You didn't build (make) that." Let me jut my arrogant pointy chin out a little farther while I take credit for it. Oh how I could go on.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

xuenchen
It seems Obama's brand "new" MyRA Name for his plan for people to invest in U.S. Treasury securities for retirement is already being used by more than one company !!

Oh No!!!

This is far worse than lying over Watergate.

This is far worse than lying over Iran Contra.

This is far worse than lying over Iraq having weapons of mass destruction.

This is the end of the world.

Quick everybody. To the Lifeboats!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

No, but it is indicative of them rushing ahead with plans without thinking them through very well.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

No, but it is indicative of them rushing ahead with plans without thinking them through very well.

Are you talking about the invasion of Iraq?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just.... this.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

BritofTexas

OccamsRazor04

No, genius. That was on purpose by another incompetent idiot in the Whitehouse. Its 2014. Obama is president and we are talking about MyRa.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

BritofTexas

OccamsRazor04

Maybe he was talking about Libya,,Iran, Syria,Pakistan, and the cluster effs both Iraq and Afghanistan have become.

Or maybe it was the creation of the affordable care act, or the NDAA, or the expansion of spying of the NSA the last 6 years.

Or maybe it was acting like an 'emperor' bypassing congress, guess we don't need a congress anymore.

Or maybe He should have fixed social security instead of creating another asinine program that DOESN'T work.

If the guy can't come up with an original name to sell snake oil to the people.

I would say yeah the current potus has historically rushed ahead without a GD thought of thinking it through.
edit on 1-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

neo96
Or maybe it was the creation of the affordable care act

Yes.

I can see how trying to cover every American with Health Insurance is far worse than invading a country under false pretenses and causing the death of THOUSANDS.

What colour is the sky in this Rabid Right Fantasy Land?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

xuenchen
Now WHAT?

Change the name and proceed. No big deal. It's really an insignificant issue not worth a thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Who is living in fantasy land ?

Defenders of more of the same asinine ideology like MYRA >

Like that for decades millions of Americans use to save their money in private savings accounts and money markets. That increase the standard of living for millons of Americans.

That is until the 'Obama's' in the epic failure's of wisdom. Came up with those financial regulations to the point today where savings accounts pay next to nothing.

Compound that stupid by the 'Obama's' kiiling jobs with more regulation that was destroyed millions of jobs, and trillions in wealth.

But hey who gives a eff about that.

People aren't saving today that's either because they are out of work, working part time, and living paycheck to paycheck.

But hey who gives a eff about that too.

Really lets bring up a decade old political argument that was designed with no purpose, but to demagogue the last guy to put the current guy in office.

And be showered with is GD epic 'wisdom'.

AND

Yeah forcing people to buy one more thing they don't have the GD money is more epic stupidity.

If they had the money in the first place they would already have insurance.

But of course Obamas actions in Syria have led to the deaths of over 100,000 Syrians., and then their are the THOUSANDS killed from his drone killing.

And just for snips and giggles:

Take it straight from the 'chief's' mouth:

Obama says hes good at killing people

And I would have to agree with Obama he is definitely good at killing people, and things.

Who cares.

Rehash the decade old political argument instead.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

trying

Ha Ha. That's what you call that. Trying.
Nice try, Obama.

He can't even come up with a name for his great retirement savings plan without failing miserably.
He probably spent a year researching the name.... or paid a foreign country a billion dollars to do it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Do any of you right-wingers actually have any reason that we should think that MyRA is a bad idea, or are you all just running a circle-jerk in here?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

Not a right winger, but feel compelled to ask why you think this program will be any different than almost every government undertaking in the last 40 years?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Look, if you have any reason to believe that MyRA is a bad idea or will fail, just tell us. It's a pretty simple program, and it's hard to see how it could possibly hurt anybody. Griping about other issues doesn't count.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

MyRA will be will be converting your money into U.S. Treasury securities.

U.S. Ts are the vehicles that add to the National Debt.

How much national debt can be sustained before a crash and default IYO?

Not to mention the theory that any retirement account is subject to confiscation.

Confiscations have happened in other countries recently.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

MyRA will be will be converting your money into U.S. Treasury securities.

Good. That's a nice, safe, low risk way to invest.

U.S. Ts are the vehicles that add to the National Debt.

US treasuries are the natural result of a budget deficit. They do not cause debt, they are debt. There's no reason to think that this program will increase the budget deficit.

How much national debt can be sustained before a crash and default IYO?

Actually we are in no danger of an involuntary default. Based on the experience of the past decade, The US money and federal debt system have weathered the storm flawlessly. But in any case, this is not relevant, because the program will not increase the debt, which is caused when expenditures exceed revenues.

Not to mention the theory that any retirement account is subject to confiscation.

Anything can be confiscated. If you want to save for retirement by burying gold coins in your back yard, fine by me. I prefer something that can earn a little interest.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Thank you.
I thought fixer would get it.
Our country is a huge debt-hole. Let's tie our retirements to that. Everyone knows that we're screwed. Some just don't want to look the tiger in the eye. I understand that, it is scary.
If they can't do anything right, why should we trust them.
We don't dare use their track record as an indicator of future results, eh?

t

edit on bu282014-02-01T14:46:00-06:0002America/ChicagoSat, 01 Feb 2014 14:46:00 -06002u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Some people think this might be a security blanket for healthcare.

People will place those accounts up as collateral when they need a loan to pay for the deductibles.

The IRS might make money back with the early withdrawal penalties.

The IRS makes zero on medical savings accounts I believe.

I think the MyRA deal is just a political petting tool.

Can't Obama ever do something that has a major positive impact on the majority of citizens?

It's always small time picayune projects or major negative impact projects.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join