It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's up to you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm posting this in the Political Ideology forum because truth trumps political ideology every time.

This is Kevin Costner's character, Jim Garrison, in Oliver Stone's JFK, delivering his closing arguments during his case against Clay Shaw. This is reminiscent of Charlie Chaplin's final speech in The Great Dictator.

We are bombarded with negativity from every outlet, even from ourselves. We are thrown distractions from every angle, self-reflection is all but lost. This is not natural, this is interference. Interference of the truth; Truth of ourselves, truth of reality, truth of our place in this world. Truth has been displaced, and replaced with filth.

“Truth never damages a cause that is just.” - Gandhi
“Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth.” - Buddha
“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell

Truth cannot be destroyed, only covered up. It's up to you!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
what's up to me? not to ignore truth? not to cover up truth?
of course a facts a fact, what's done is done. physically at least. truth about life's meaning, our intentions and wants is not so easily read making judgment of these truths are difficult.

religiously what's done is done but no one can claim to know the truth. you can not be without doubt.
politically & socially we make judgments on observations on possible intentions and misleading's, we look for true meaning as knowing the truth benefits us.

but what are you really looking for when looking for the truth: a meaning, a benefit, for assurance, for reason?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

guidetube
but what are you really looking for when looking for the truth: a meaning, a benefit, for assurance, for reason?

The only truth you can ever find is about yourself
When we look outside on others, you can only see "their" truth, you can choose to believe in them, and make it your truth
But real answers you can only find within yourself

If you want real truth, you should remove your focus from outside, forget the fear it create, and look inside. EVERYTHING from the outside, is just a reflection of the inside

So dont let the outside rule your world, go inside, where your the King, this is the real truth, the outside is a reflection and will change accordingly to the inside.

When you believe something, that is the truth

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I think "the truth" changes with the question and the circumstances. It is easier to find than you think.

It is like putting together a crime scene with forensic evidence. Observing, meditating, empathing, puts all the clues together. Recently, a 34 yr old lie has recently come to light, but the clues were there all along. I just did not want to really "see" what the real truth was. I have come to peace about dying by thinking about it a lot instead of denying it.

This may sound corny, but I think we would be better off to be a little like Spock from childhood on. The observing and applying logic for answers part.

new topics

top topics

join