It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Banker, Former Fed Member, "Found Dead" Inside A Week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

As Bloomberg reports, following the deaths of a JPMorgan senior manager (Tuesday) and a Deutsche Bank executive (Sunday), Russell Investments' Chief Economist (and former Fed economist) Mike Dueker was found dead at the side of a highway in Washington State. Police said the death appeared to be a suicide.

Dueker was reported missing on Jan. 29, and a group of friends had been searching for him along with law enforcement. Troyer said Dueker was having problems at work, without elaborating.

www.zerohedge.com...

I guess it could be a coincidence and it could be something else...maybe he had mental, personal or other problems, but it is very weird.

He worked for the St. Louis Fed prior to his time with Russell. Seems like he had a lot of experience with economic research and forecasting. He also must have had quite a bit of knowledge about the "operations" of the fed.

Dueker had joined the financial services company, which calculates the Russell stock indices, in 2008 after years working at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. He worked at the reserve bank from 1991 to 2008, starting as an entry level research economist, then advancing to senior economist, research officer, and assistant vice president, according to a St. Louis Fed spokeswoman.

[url]http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/mike-dueker-former-st-louis-fed-official-found-dead-in/article_c5f6e51f-6963-5e9a-8979-5977d17c1668.html[/ url]

His most-cited work was a 1997 paper titled “Strengthening the case for the yield curve as a predictor of U.S. recessions,”

Did he see the writing on the wall? Did some type of guilt weigh him down finally? Or is it something even more nefarious?

I'm not sure what to think - but there sure is a lot to speculate about. Your thoughts?
edit on 31-1-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Do people usually off themselves on the side of the road? That seems fishy to me. I've not heard of that happening.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

He may have jumped over a 4-foot (1.2-meter) fence before falling down a 40- to 50-foot embankment, Pierce County Detective Ed Troyer said yesterday. He said the death appeared to be a suicide.

Hmmm.

Obviously he knew too much about something.

Or, he was ready to expose some corruption.

This could be murder as usual.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

From the link I can't seem to get to work. I'm not familiar with the area.

TACOMA, Wash. • Russell Investments chief economist Mike Dueker was found dead Thursday, and police said it appeared he had taken his own life by jumping from a ramp near the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

An officer who knew Dueker was missing in the area spotted the body about 8:30 a.m. at the base of a 40- to 50-foot embankment for a Highway 16 ramp, Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

Dueker's car was parked at nearby War Memorial Park and it appears he jumped over the 4-foot fence of a bike-jogging trail along the ramp, Troyer said.

[url]http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/mike-dueker-former-st-louis-fed-official-found-dead-in/article_c5f6e51f-6963-5e9a-8979-5977d17c1668.html[/ url]

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I'm not sure id trust a 40 foot embankment to kill me outright. Might suffer quite a while with a broken back etc if you didn't hit your head. I suppose if you swan dive head first.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I saw the zerohedge article and was about to post but didnt have a chance to research the claims.

Zerohedge can be hit or miss. Last week they reported that the Russian bank Lender has halted cash transactions. Their source was an "anonymous caller/call center rep."...

But this story seems a bit more legit. Looks like his last title at the "Fed" was Assistant VP.

Wonder what he knew...

edit on 31-1-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Perhaps the level of conscience in the world is actually reaching a higher stage,.... as expected. Suddenly understand the nature of our actions could bring unbearable sense of guiltiness to the heart. Like Judas, bankers are.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I have other links that show he is very much dead from a suspected suicide - just having trouble with them for some reason.

www.thenewstribune.com...

www.bizjournals.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I hadn't even considered the depth. Perhaps someone hit his head before he fell?

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

3 high level people inside the same industry all being found dead? The manner in which they are found dead appear to be suicides however have any notes / witnesses been found for the deaths?

JPMorgan - Has been under constant investigation by the US government covering large areas of the finance sector (fraud / violating settlement agreement / billions from madoff / billions from trading scandal / Credit derivatives being transferred to European banking system / etc).

Russel Investments is an interesting company due to its parent organization and what it did. The parent company is Northwestern Mutual. It is one of the largest financial groups in the US and has significant ties across the globe.

Deutch Bank - one of the largest currency trading institutions in the world (has about a 20% control of that sector).

All 3 banks are powerhouse in the financial realm. All 3 banks have continual legal problems with the US and UK governments over illegal actions.

What I found interesting was the banks involved and all 3 having government issues / government investigations.

Remember when the US had its credit rating downgraded?
Remember when the article came out about the Us government being pissed about the credit downgrade, making threats towards S&P for that downgrade?

All 3 banks have extremely large personal health insurance holdings, with northwest mutual totaling over 2.0 trillion dollars worth of coverage.

Northwestern Mutual -

The company maintains unsurpassed ratings for insurance financial strength from all four major rating agencies (Standard & Poors lowered ratings for a number of insurance companies, including Northwestern Mutual, to AA+ in August 2011.

This was in response to "the United States government [being removed for the first time ever] from its (S&P's) list of risk-free borrowers"):[2] A.M. Best,[3] Standard & Poor's,[4][4] Moody's, and Fitch Ratings.[5]

The company is the nation's largest direct provider of individual life insurance in the United States,[6] with more than $2 trillion in force. It is also the industry leader in total individual life insurance dividends paid to policy owners.[7]

Same sector - Financial
Same government issues - US and UK

New Fed Chief starts on Feb 3 2014.

I don't think the deaths are coincidental. I think its possible there is a financial bubble that is under the radar that is about to pop.

Anyways, being a conspiracy website I thought I would throw some in there.

edit on 31-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If there was a suicide note, it was well hidden. His family initially thought he was missing and had been looking for him since at least the day before.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If you WANTED to off someone and make it look like a suicide/accident/or no clues to the perps being present, they used the three best different ways.

And no one parks their car near an embankment, jumps a fence and then falls down on purpose. That's not suicide, it's being pushed or running from someone. Suicides generally make it abundantly clear what's going on in their heads for months beforehand; it's rarely spur of the moment.

I hope some (careful) investigative reporter takes on this job, but it looks like its international in scope. And BIG.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that these are NOT suicides.

So...

Either they know something and are being murdered or if they are suicides, they know something and can't carry the guilt of what they have been a part of and the collapse that's coming that will kill millions more.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I found his last research, very suggesting title, I must say :

"Strengthening the Case for the Yield Curve as a Predictor of U.S. Recessions" - Michael J. Dueker

research.stlouisfed.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Let's dispense with the "suicide" BS, what's really going on? Bankers are getting whacked! Why?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

And no one parks their car near an embankment, jumps a fence and then falls down on purpose.

I guess the obvious question here is why stop at the entrance ramp and jump? Why not drive another minute to the center of the bridge and jump off there?

Some of us did stop there one night for a look-over of the straits and let me tell you, if you want to end it all jumping from the middle is a sure bet. Brrr..

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Someone is pushing ...back? It's possible with the current situation.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
now i can understand why so many banking execs left the job in the last couple of years

it is all falling intp place now

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

First we saw a Massive Wave of Resignations from Top Level Bankers in 2012, now it's getting a lot darker...

One is an accident, two is a trend, three is a problem...

The 'problem' part is subjective

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Updated my post with some more info.

six67seven
reply to post by Maluhia

First we saw a Massive Wave of Resignations from Top Level Bankers in 2012, now it's getting a lot darker...

One is an accident, two is a trend, three is a problem...

The 'problem' part is subjective

I was thinking about this post as well. You got to it before I did. The article inside about the resignations are 2 years ago to the month. Resignations started in Feb 2012.

ETA:
Pope cleans house at bank with new cardinals

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis made another move to clean house at the troubled Vatican bank on Wednesday, naming a new roster of cardinal advisers to replace the ones who were in place during its latest brushes with scandal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join