It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia police searching inside the underpants of drivers and passengers over minor traffic stops.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Source.

Driver after driver told investigative reporter Jodie Fleischer officers searched inside their pants while they were stopped for minor traffic violations. In several cases, the invasive searches targeted passengers who were riding in the car.

"He was like, 'Just unbuckle all your clothes,' and put his hands down inside my pants," said Terry Phillips.

"That's a general strip-search, which you're not allowed to do," said Phillips' attorney, Mark Bullman.

But wait theres more:

He said an officer walked him through the parking lot with his belt open and underwear exposed. He says the officer then reached into the front of his pants with his bare hand.

"He went inside my underwear and searched my genital area," Eleby said, "It was just embarrassing."

That officer found nothing on Eleby, but charged him with possession of marijuana anyway; his report alleges he saw Eleby throw something to the ground.

But a convenience store video shows Eleby's hands did not move, and the officer appears to toss something to the ground.

The DeKalb County Solicitor dropped the charge against Eleby and forwarded the case to the district attorney to investigate the officer.

Wow. Just WOW.

Not only does the kind officer humiliate the victim, he then tries to frame him...

EVERY police interaction with the public needs to be filmed. It was just dumb luck that the gas station security camera recorded this incident.

And just when you thought it couldnt get any worse:

Cobb County police are investigating an officer's actions after truck driver Camishi Jones filed a complaint regarding her traffic stop.

"He was all touching my breast, up in my vagina area," Jones said. "He actually stuck his hand up in between my buttocks."

Oh America, look at what youve allowed your country to become.

edit on 31-1-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Oh America, look at what youve allowed your country to become.

You mean bad cops are a recent development? They used to all be angels?
edit on 1/31/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Only thing worse than a pervert is one with a badge. People need to be reminded of their rights.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Alright, it's time for me to b!tch. I think we have to be careful about how we paint law enforcement with such a broad stroke.

Are there sh*++y cops? Yeah, sure. But it's not fair to paint all of the US cops as horrible people. I happen to know that is most certainly not the case.

I do think it's true we should hold our law enforcement to a high standard, but we shouldn't judge all of them by a few.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

yes that would have been better. I was getting ready to move to Georgia from the title.
edit on 1/31/2014 by howmuch4another because: if you killed it I will kill it

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

Except that it seems that the problem was not limited to a single officer.
That's why I edited (redacted) my post.

You may continue with your plans.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

just packing gym shorts and sweatpants. gonna make it easy on them.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I would pee on his hands.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Keradith

I would pee on his hands.

They get you on deadly weapons charge.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, either the state of Georgia or FOP are telling them they can strip search you without a warrant.

Seems like they need a few sexual molestation charges to show them how a Terry stop is done. Because they seem too stupid, incompetent or poorly trained to know.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

solongandgoodnight
Alright, it's time for me to b!tch. I think we have to be careful about how we paint law enforcement with such a broad stroke.

Are there sh*++y cops? Yeah, sure. But it's not fair to paint all of the US cops as horrible people. I happen to know that is most certainly not the case.

I do think it's true we should hold our law enforcement to a high standard, but we shouldn't judge all of them by a few.

Its not just the "bad" cops. Even the cops who dont commit crimes, generally have a gang/group mentality. They wont "rat out" the other cops and almost never intervene to stop fellow officers after witnessing a crime.

I say almost but when have we ever seen one cop turn to another and say, "you just attacked a citizen, I'm placing you under arrest for assault". That cop would be fired or get the piss beaten out of him.

Its "cops on one side, everyone else on the other".

Lets say there was a terrorist attack by I dunno, Moslems on a weekly basis, we'd be screaming that they should be rounded up and deported. Actually, many people already say that.

The criminal cop epidemic is MUCH worse. A week doesnt go by where a cop isnt committing crimes against the public or violating our civil rights. And these are the ones that we know about, imagine how many more incidents are never reported nor captured on video...

At which point do we demand that something be done? How much worse should it get?

edit on 31-1-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The things some cops do for drugs.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Obviously they aren't getting their kicks at home. I've seen how rotund these guys can be. So what's it like Casa Cop?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

we would be fools to assume that all the good cops were not aware of the bad ones and what they are doing.

all cops are 100% responsible for themselves and their peers. 1 bad apple is more then enough to not trust any of them.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

If you are caught Wreckless Driving , the police will now Check for Skid Marks.....it's the Law.....

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wow, is this how they got the phrase "copping a feel"?

I'm guessing this happens more than we like to think. It's probably embarrassing and also really hard to prove so many don't bother even reporting it.
Next cop that ask me if I can be searched I'm going to say "Sure, just be careful with the oozing lesions around my privates."

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I would love to respond intelligently to this thread. But instead, I find my self overcome with Rage. The Hulk kind of rage. It makes me angry because the people are put in such a powerless position. The constitution was suppose to protect them in this very situation. What then can a citizen do? He either acquiesces and waves his own rights or he fights and most certainly DIES. What an ABSURD position to be put in!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

The guy had marijuana in his pocket...

Officer: ''Well sir, I've found a nugget from a plant in your pocket, THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS CRIME SO GET ON THE GROUND AND PULL YOUR PANTS DOWN NOW!!!!!''

This is ridiculous, to wage war on a DAMN PLANT. By the way why marijuana is ''legal'' in some states and aren't in other? WTF this is senseless when you think about it, this is only a helpful plant.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The thing that disturbs me the most is the guy that got charged with possession of marijuana even after being sexually assaulted by the cop. Thankfully, the surveillance tape was there, otherwise that guy could easily have been convicted.

It would have been the cop's word against his. Nobody is going to stop to question the cop, certainly not the judge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join