It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing roots for the Hawks!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Boeing, in a show of regional support decided they were going to pay tribute to the 12th man and the Seattle Seahawks.
The aura in this area is un-real. I've never seen anything like it. Every where you go around here there isn't a second that goes by that you can't see a building lit up in Hawk colors or "12" flag hanging off it, cars draped with Seahawk logos, people wearing Seahawk jerseys and now jumbo jets flying with Seahawk pride. They even flew a "12" pattern over Eastern Washington.

Go Hawks!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

I was hoping it would be on the ramp at Boeing but only a couple 787-9s. Although one of them was getting ready to go.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Are you in the area?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What's up with the number 12?

I'll be rooting for the Hawks, about time they win a Superbowl!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

That's beautiful , man ( not sayin' I 'm a fan ). Is it possible there's a ' marker ' of some sort in that jet exhaust - to make it more visible , possibly even from outer space ?

Definitely a good ol fashioned gesture... hat's off to the BIG B.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Yeah, we're overnighting up here.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The 12th man. It's a fan thing they did this year.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Fan base is big up there...just watched a clip on fox news about one of the cheerleaders. Her name is Alicia Quaco, and she is a 1st LT. with the USAF.
Aviation and football are big up there today!

Thanks for posting the 747..

edit on 31-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The 12th Man are the fans, normal NFL teams have 11 players on the field per team. Up hear the fans in the stadium are called the 12th man because they can effect the outcome of the games by the sound levels they can generate in the stadium (they hold the world record for sound at an open air stadium at 137+db) they have been using the 12th man thing for the last few years.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Sammamishman

The 12th Man are the fans, normal NFL teams have 11 players on the field per team. Up hear the fans in the stadium are called the 12th man because they can effect the outcome of the games by the sound levels they can generate in the stadium (they hold the world record for sound at an open air stadium at 137+db) they have been using the 12th man thing for the last few years.

Yeah... I'm from Pittsburgh....don't know if that rings a bell..lol..
But we're not in this year....good luck...my uncle is in Silverdale WA. And is tickled pink!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

As far as I know it is your normal 747-8 freighter that Boeing uses for flight testing. They should fly that thing around the Super Bowl.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Yeah , I seam to remember that one...lol. Kind of a touchy subject to some up here that can't let it go.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
And about the sound? It's serious. It hurts your eardrums. If I go to another game at Clink I'm wearing my electronic noise cancelling ear muffs I use on the firing line for pistol shooting.

You're right. The 12th man flags are everywhere, painted on the side of buildings, flying from cars (and the ISS). The grocery stores all have "12th Man Game Packs" on display. The flower vendors are selling green and blue flowers. I was just in Safeway this morning and there were green and blue cupcakes (along with some orange ones???? WTF???) Seems like everyone is wearing Seahawks jerseys. Nobody is talking about the rain; it's all Seahawks talk all the time.

Actually, it's nuts!

P.S. I was born in Denver.
edit on 1/31/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Sammamishman
reply to post by Bazart

As far as I know it is your normal 747-8 freighter that Boeing uses for flight testing. They should fly that thing around the Super Bowl.

Well unless they bought air time or are a sponsor...
I don't think Fiddel Godel will allow it..

Boeing should reply with its a test aircraft...and they're testing the sound levels from screaming fans at 30,000ft...as part of their military contract.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

That would be awesome!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

We went past a building this morning that had the lights on in a giant 12.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I drive past the T-Mobile HQ and the Boeing 737 plant every morning and they are both lit up with blue and green lights. Pretty cool actually to see at night.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Actually, this doesn't show the half of it. The team busses couldn't get out on the street and Sea-Tac was mobbed with supporters.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

We saw the sign on the T-Mobile building but it was mid morning when we went by so no lights. Got a great pic of the 12 on the Boeing hangar on the military end.

Btw, as an amusing little fact, I worked on that AF VIP transport in their museum. It went through Hickam many times.
edit on 1/31/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Nice!
How do you like the museum?

Darn it Zaph, you should let me know when your in town. If you came over on I-90 you weren't more than 5 minutes from my house.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join