It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is (true) artificial intelligence necessarily bad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I agree. It no different than when we had slaves this country, first they were property, then they were "free", then they gained the same rights as everyone else. I woudln't expect it to be any different for AI the more intelligent that they became...ofcourse a few regiments of robot armies storming DC might help their cause along..

bentov

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
IF--in learning how to use it, you destroy the minds of most the people with whom you interact--

YES.

Artificial intelligence is not something to "fool with." In the meantime, until it is mastered, it is destroying everyone and every precious thing in its bumbling path.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
How can you master it without fooling with it? It we didn't use anything until we mastered it, we would still be wearing hides and hunting with spears. Fooling with it is the only way.. I'm sure your own apartment/house is filled with technology that isn't mastered yet.

bentov

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Considering how little natural intelligence the human race seems to exhibit we can use all the intelligence we can get, artificial or otherwise.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join