It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Spirit Communication Through a Ghost Box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This video contains sections of a ghost box session that was conducted at Macaulay Earthworks Battery in Esquimalt / Victoria B.C., during July of 2013.

There are many direct, quick, and intelligent responses during this session. However, one name in particular that was mentioned piqued my curiosity. It was meaningless until I actually researched it online. Once I saw the name over and over in Victoria's military history it couldn't be dismissed as a random voice coming from a radio station, as many skeptics assert.

"Major James Peters" was a prominent Canadian officer during a large portion of the battery's history, in which he would've overseen day to day operations there. It stands to reason that his voice being mentioned isn't mere coincidence, but more consistent with a two way conversation; one party being anxious to communicate after not being heard by the physical realm, for possibly a long time.

These types of historic responses that can be directly tied to a locations past are the "gold standard" for ghost box responses. It lends absolute credence to the voice actually coming from an intelligent consciousness, that is actively responding to us in real time. It's far less likely in my opinion that we are simply misinterpreting a voice coming from a radio station. If it's a coincidence, the odds are astronomical that we were at that specific location, at that specific moment, to receive that specific content.

I already know what I believe. It's not a question in my mind, but I always endeavour to find convincing proof to help nudge those that may still be on the fence when it comes to the "unexplained". Thank you for reading and/or watching.

edit on 31-1-2014 by Verideecimo because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Verideecimo

"Had a vehicle fart"?

I was skeptical of these devices before but that is just ridiculous lol

I am a believer in the paranormal, but I think that far too often people read too much into things. There seems to be no evidence whatsoever that paranormal activity is linked to electromagnetic frequencies, yet every paranormal investigative team uses EMF meters as if they are some sort of ghost detector. Same goes for these ghost boxes. People just pick out the sounds that they think are intelligent responses and disregard all the nonsense.

These practices seem unreliable and don't do a lot to convince skeptics of the paranormal of anything. They only reinforce the preconceived ideas of believers. But I guess if you are going to investigate such matters and attempt to catalog paranormal phenomenon, you have to start somewhere and test out different devices and theories.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Verideecimo

Reminded me those days when used to search a good song with my portable transistor radio.

edit on 31-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
God, those boxes drive me insane with all the noise they make. I don't know how people can stand it for any length of time. I don't know what I think of these devices. Sometimes it seems as though they may be working but I don't know, there is a lot of random senseless stuff too.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I didn't watch the video. But yeah, spirit boxes are interesting. There are some theories as to how they work, but it's clearly up in the air.

Some think they say what you want to hear
Some think it's just white noise mumbo jumbo and they do not speak of anything of significance

I'm not sure how they work, but I do know that they do.

They are most fun when you are able to get consistent, and accurate verbal responses to very specific questions on que over the course of hours.

Proof? No, of course I don't have proof, do I have proof or links to 90 percent of what I post... no
I suppose you'll just have to take my word for it. Most people aren't capable of that, I know. What a bummer.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

There's a lot of random, senseless stuff when you go out to the grocery store as well.
You get use to it.

new topics

top topics

join