It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Million Felons, 47 Million on SNAP, 13 Million on Welfare, 15 Million Unemployed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I thought OneQuestion did a great job here both in her O.P. and in her rebuttal. One major problem with Tea Party types in the U.S. is their lack of self-awareness.

The statement "You are poor because you don't work hard" could easily be factually incorrect. There are some interesting interactions occurring on ATS regarding the economy at the moment - I think things are really getting straining.
edit on 31pmFri, 31 Jan 2014 20:33:10 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I bet wed have a better education system.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This expansion is all due to Obama poor economic policies. Remember Marxists have to destabilize the free market and get people on the government dole for control.

Remember Germany nearly went through an economic collapse, then from the ashes rose Nazism.

The elites are using the same blueprint as Nazi Germany.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

To a mind that is pure, all is pure.

Youll have to go deeper into that one.

Do you mean that to a pure mind they see or appreciate the perfection of imperfection? Is this the train of thought your in?

No.

Perfection. What is perfection? Is it relative to the ideology of the imperfect being?

The idea that you are running with is that where there is sin, grace abounds - which is true. Your wording is misleading, though.

To a pure mind, all is pure. Where there is sin, grace abounds. Only through grace does the mind become pure. When the mind is pure, all is pure. The kingdom of heaven has been planted all around us, we just can't see it. That is not to say that others who came before us, and surely some who are living now who are still in this fallen world, haven't seen it. The purity that my mind has experienced has revealed that if my mind were pure, all would be pure. I'm just not there yet. Does that make sense?

And on that topic (pertaining directly to it): why should a soldier in Christ not involve himself or herself in civilian affairs? Hint: it is parallel to the reason that a soldier in the world should not involve himself or herself in civilian affairs in the world.
edit on 31-1-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

And in a spiritual sense, what are civilian affairs?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ahhh ok. I agree and i can almost sense what your talking about on a deeper spirirutal level.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Why should a soldier not involve himself or herself in civilian affairs?

To a pure mind, all is pure.

Focus. A soldier must focus. To obtain combat efficiency.

Purity.

What is purity? What is perfection? What is the path to achieving purity and perfection? Is it an attainable goal?

Is your spirit in combat? If so, does your spirit have one or more adversaries? What is the objective of this combat? Who and what are the adversaries?

Sorry, I know it seems cryptic. I like to ask questions and promote thought instead of telling you : "this is how it is" because I am not God, and I believe you can think for yourself better than I can think for you. Questions promote thought.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Key word:

*Fallen* world. Past tense.

As in already happened. Irreversible.

Focus

Purity

Attainable

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

We as so quick to blame people for their failures in life, we want to believe if they would have just tried harder they would have been successful because it makes us feel safe. "I have worked hard and done everything right my whole life, so I don't have to worry about poverty." That just isn't the truth. Unless you have millions, and even then, there is no guarantee, that you are not one positive test for cancer, one accident, one divorce, natural disaster, one malicious lie, away from total ruin.

So very well said.

I suspect that no small number of the real monsters don't have a felony at all and that there are a lot of cowards out their masquerading as "law abiding citizens"

For those of you that are so sure that success is merit based, that if other people only worked as hard as you do/did, if they only hadn't made mistakes, mistakes that you would never make . . . or that your kids will never make . . . that when people fail to thrive it can always be traced back to some failure on their part . . . at least out of a sense of self preservation you ought to consider this:

Bottom line is these policies are creating a serious issue in the USA and its creating an underclass of people with no options, 20 million people with no options or hope for the future.

These people aren't going to remain passive forever and their numbers are growing. So if you can't empathize, maybe you should fake it. It's in your best interest to see to it that they do have opportunities and a realistic way back.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

These people aren't going to remain passive forever and their numbers are growing. So if you can't empathize, maybe you should fake it. It's in your best interest to see to it that they do have opportunities and a realistic way back.
reply to post by TheConspiracyPages

RRIIIggghhhhttttt. Your getting it. Someone is getting it.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

"Think Neo in the Matrix when he accepts what he is as himself and takes responsibility for whats going on he is then what he becomes. If that makes sense."

Define is

Define responsibility

Define what's going on

Who does this?

The I AM

Who you are not

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I read your post and was with you tell I read your response's to various posters and frankly your ridiculing demeaning nature towards anyone who disagrees with you takes away any credibility I saw in your OP.

The anger you display only shows you are still beaten and have a ways to go to achieve anything beneficial to your life.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Directly address something.

Also everything im addressing in my responses are personal bias non of it has to do with thread content.

Good job focusing on me instead of the content of the OP though. You can continue to ignore the messages until someone you deem worthy takes up the cause, then you can finally do something or say something.
edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago2731342014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

But isnt that the path to the kingdom?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

And you are not beaten?

Anger is normally impurity (but not always). Do you get angry at times?

Do you define what is beneficial or does God? If God does, and you are beaten, how would you know if someone else has been beneficial?

To say that someone else has achieved nothing beneficial in their life is to show that your opinion is invalid. You can not know such a thing because you are not God.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The content of the OP is you, if not then why bother to post at all ?

Second

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

They might use federal aid for drugs.[/quote/] That's not a valid reason and everyone knows it. It's a proven fact the UNconvicted people use federal aid for drugs. It has to be something else.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The one and only path to the Kingdom of God from this fallen world, is God's Son, known as Jesus in English (who is God in the flesh). Therefore, the only path to the Kingdom of God is focusing on God. The world and God are in direct opposition.

Your words in your sig can easily refer to a worldly perspective and be used in a way that accepts the judgment, perceptions, and knowledge of men as valid (men are not gods). Reconsider my previous post in this light. Humans can never be trusted, let alone their perceptions, judgment, and knowledge (which has perverted them/us). Only God can be trusted. Be careful when people talk about God and test their words, because oftentimes they are not talking about God but instead are talking about the god of this world.

A soldier should not involve himself or herself in civilian affairs. Focus is necessary to purify your mind. With a pure mind, you will be a lamp for God in a world of darkness. Do not involve yourself in the affairs of civilians (worldly humans). A pure mind will do far more good than involving yourself in worldly matters ever could, when your mind is pure you will see Heaven, and God will reveal himself to you even before your mind is pure. Admittedly, I commonly make the mistake of involving myself in civilian affairs myself.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

A soldier should not involve himself or herself in civilian affairs. Focus is necessary to purify your mind. With a pure mind, you will be a lamp for God in a world of darkness. Do not involve yourself in the affairs of civilians (worldly humans). A pure mind will do far more good than involving yourself in worldly matters ever could, when your mind is pure you will see Heaven, and God will reveal himself to you even before your mind is pure. Admittedly, I commonly make the mistake of involving myself in civilian affairs myself.

I get you. Thanks for the suggestion i actually understand where your going with it.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The content in my OP is an idea i present for discussion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join