It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Apologizes for Cheerios Tweet Hitting Right Wing (Employee Fired)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Did you know conservatives sent in photos of their biracial families to the network, that's awesome.

And another thing conservationism is not our grandparents conservatism and liberalism is not our grandparents liberalism.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
...But he didn't say anything "racist".

I would like to put the definition of racist everywhere; Subways, on the sides of buildings, billboards, front page of the internet, etc., etc.. That way, ignorant people would stop misusing the word. Gee whiz too many sensitive people with a voice.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If This Cute Cheerios Ad Causes Drama, What Won't?

Cheerios ad with mixed-race family draws racist responses

Does anyone seriously believe the Racist Responders voted for anyone but Romney in the last election???

That makes them Right Wing.

While the Bloke who wrote the Tweet may be an idiot. The Tweet was factually correct.

Why was Glenn Beck not fired? And why didn't Ayles personally apologize to Obama?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
MSNBC is very clever.

They plan something like this 100% and always get the desired results.

This was obviously a scripted planned effort.

btw, is there any proof positive that somebody actually got fired?

is there any proof positive about the identity of the "tweeter"?

or is all of this coming from the same source that has a track record of lying?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

xuenchen
is all of this coming from the same source that has a track record of lying?

It didn't come from Fox.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

BritofTexas
If This Cute Cheerios Ad Causes Drama, What Won't?

Cheerios ad with mixed-race family draws racist responses

Does anyone seriously believe the Racist Responders voted for anyone but Romney in the last election???

That makes them Right Wing.
Correction, voting for Romney means either someone is right-wing or anti-communist. I'm pretty sure the Romney voters were really just anti-communist.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Why would the rightwing hate it? Because rightringers are all racist? Liberals will hate the other commercials featuring all white people .... see how stupid that sounds?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Of course, the General Social Survey found that when you break it down, mixed race families are about evenly split between political affiliations.

The General Social Survey, which is the best-run of the omnibus surveys (getting about a 70 percent response rate as opposed to a 1-25 percent response for more typical opinion polls) has data on family makeup. I was able to analyze their 2000 through 2012 data on 723 households in which any family members were adopted children or step-children of the head of the household or of the spouse of the respondent. For almost all of these households, the GSS reports both political views and whether the household is mixed race, as opposed to a white household, an African-American household, or whatever.

Not surprisingly, there is no statistically significant left-right political differences in the proportion of adopted or step-families that are in mixed race households. Indeed, among families with step-children or adopted children, 11 percent of conservatives were living in mixed race households compared to 10 percent of liberals living in mixed-race households.

Thus, there is no evidence in the GSS data that Republican, conservative, or conservative Republicans who were living with step-children or adopted children were less likely to live in mixed-race households than Democrats, liberals, liberal Democrats, or moderate Democrats in adopted or step-families. Indeed, in each instance the point estimates for living in a mixed-race household were insignificantly higher for the right side of the spectrum than for the left side

There is also a breakdown done for mixed race couples that shows that again there is no real statistical difference worth speaking of in meaningful terms.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Conservatives were mad at the Cheerios commercial featuring the bi-racial family because now they have to buy the off-brand Cheerios.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It is pretty sad that MSM and the brainwashed crowd actually believe these stereotypes because it might be true on some level, but I know there are a lot of different race people who are conservative and right wing and THEY do not allow race to be part of their value system! If they did, (like the MSM) then they really would be racist, but they aren't.

It isn't often the MSM will even allow an other than white person to talk from their conservative viewpoint because it weakens their propaganda platforms that depend on these stereotypes to DIVIDE...

Perhaps sooner or later, the MSM will have their ability to transmit their BS shut down and smashed and burned, I can only hope..

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

All right. I can be a bit more specific on this. There are a lot of different ways to look at the world, especially these days. It can be nearly impossible to determine what is "correct" speech or not - for evidence, look at all the things that Fox and MSNBC and CNN do say and tell me that you could find some kind of sense in any of it, as to what can be said or not.

The particular tweet was so minor in its offensive nature that it sets a precedent where people are not going to be able to state what they really think, and soon, might not even know what they really think.

Ketsuko says the only thing that does make sense to me, and that is that someone did manage to get a hold of the corporate twitter account who may not have had legitimate access to it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

The guy called all right wing people racist. Maybe people should stop playing the race card and stop the race baiting. Anyone who does should be fired, whether liberal or conservative. Or maybe you like the fires of racial tension being stoked by the media.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

The guy called all right wing people racist. Maybe people should stop playing the race card and stop the race baiting. Anyone who does should be fired, whether liberal or conservative. Or maybe you like the fires of racial tension being stoked by the media.

Well...you know, that would just make too much sense.....We need the race card, it stokes the fires and keeps us all divided, dontcha know??

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

sheepslayer247
Unless this person was told to make this tweet, there was an obvious lack of judgement on their part.

That being said, I don't think they should be fired for it.

All to often when someone does something stupid or silly, the fake outrage ensues and we scream "off with their heads".

Its kinda sad and we forget that we all make mistakes and must feed our families.

This.

Our culture reminds me a chicken coop. We find that weak chick, then harrass and peck it until it dies.

MSNBC runs on shock and insulting conservatives. I am unsure how that employee didn't uphold what I percieve their corporate values to be. Looks to me like she did what the culture at MSNBC would dictate, and was fired for it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join