It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird bottle cap sledding... Yes, the title is correct!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Is this in Russia? I'm just kidding, but I wouldn't be surprised - I have seen some people in Russia doing crazy things like this, sledding off rooftops into the streets.
edit on 31amFri, 31 Jan 2014 11:32:09 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

If that were true then:
1. Picking the cap up and flying with it would have spilled out the food and the crow would have been walking on the roof eating it.
2. If that were the case then why wouldn't the crow just stay at the bottom and eat the food out of the cap instead of picking it up repeatedly and flying to the top.
3.Crows are highly intelligent and have had tests done in the wild on them to prove it.
4.Animals are quite capable of doing things for 'fun'.Anyone watching dogs romping in the snow can see the happy demeanor in they're actions.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

HomerinNC

parad0x122

ChesterJohn
the cap has frozen food in it. You can see the bird pecking at the food. The bird stands on while pecking out the food and begins to slide. he then picks it up and returns to the top and begins pecking again and he slides again.

the bird is not sledding on by choice but rather it happens as he is trying to get the food out.

Parade rainer.

I agree, no wonder we're going down the crapper, too many negative people, esp on here

It's refreshing to bump elbows with other positive folk on here, 'tis a shame it's seemingly become a rare occurrence :-/ Regardless, I applaud your attitude good sir

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Actually that's wrong, I spoke to the bird and he is training for Sochi... Crazy Russian bird wants to make a name for himself at this years winter Olympics!

You mean like that other bird that made a name for himself at the winter Olympics a few years ago, Eddie the eagle wasnt it?

Sorry, i couldn't resist that, lol...... Okay, ill get my coat, lol.

Great vid though

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It is not about raining on a parade or being negative. It is about seeing the truth of it.

It was an enjoyable watch but the bird wasn't doing it for pleasure is was a by-product of trying to eat frozen food.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

the food or what ever the bird was attempting to peck out of it was obviously stuck inside the cap. I have been watching the same birds here at my place pecking for hours at frozen food we put out for the dog. Of course it wasn't frozen when we put it out. I watched one take a full frozen precooked chicken patty to the top of our snow covered roof and do the same thing, peck on it as he slid down the roof, near the end take it back tot he top and it did it again. finally he got scared off and came back the next day and took it into a tree and pecked at it for an hour until he was able to eat it.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Scientific research is proving that birds are way, way smarter than anyone ever thought.
Having raised birds, I know how much they like to play, and would constantly make up new game.
They seem to have an insatiable curiosity, and are constantly learning new things.

I had a Patagonian conure that quickly discovered dropping a piece of food would bring the dog running. Within a couple of weeks, he began calling the dogs name, and would wait until the dog arrived before throwing him a piece of food.
He also like to put his head in a large bell and talk and sing; I guess he liked the echo.

My grandfather was a staunch christian, and would never lie to save his soul. He told me of an amazing incident where he and my brother were walking in the yard, and a pair of sparrows started dive-bombing them.
They stepped back and watched as the sparrows made several passes over a baby sparrow that had obviously fallen out of the nest.
They kept making passes until they seemed to be in perfect unison, and each sparrow took one of the baby's wings in its mouth and flew up to their nest in a tall spruce tree.
I only wish I had been with Grandpa that day, too.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Mamatus

Swallows swooping around in the sky are obviously doing it for fun. They rollercoaster across the sky swooping down then up and then down again. No rhyme or reason simply for enjoyment. I could watch them for hours.

Sorry buddy, that's how they feed on the insect swarms.
But, yes, its nice to watch them, look up tumbler pidgins when you have time.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I had a native Georgia bird, a brown thrasher, that fell in love with the bird in the mirror. On the side of my car! I would come home in the morning, and if I was in my husbands' car, he would fly to the mirror, and flirt with the bird in the mirror, then go to the other side of the car and do the same.

He would do this to the two parked cars, and, if I sat very still, would even come to the car I was sitting in. That gave him a total of 6 mirrors.

I took lots of video of it, if I can upload one, I will. This went on for the entire mating season. It was quite adorable. He was a young bird, and rather infatuated with himself.

Thanks for posting the video, I needed the smile, and even the party pooper didn't ruin my enjoyment!

I never saw it the first time, so I am glad search failed!

Regardless of why he did it, it was damned cute, and pooper or not, you can't take that away from me!

HAND!

edit on 31-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Cool story about the sparrows!

I know that mockingbirds will staunchly defend their nests with all sorts of antics.

I was in a cemetery with a friend one day, and a bird was on the ground, fretting as if it's wing were broken. It was scrambling in circles, leaning to the side, dragging it's wing on the ground, and if we tried to get close, it would run away as if magically healed, then start all over again.

We watched it a while, then told some people about it later. One person told us that this was the birds' defense mechanism to keep predators away from it's nest or babies. I was amazed, to say the least.

Just thought I would share.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

That is really really interesting. Why would he want to do that? That is really unusual. Those birds are smarter than we give them credit for.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I live next to reserve with families Birds like this one, always around and up to something. Over the years I have observed them and they have gotten very use to me, that they see me as a kind of defacto extended part of their family. This has allow me to see a lot of the antics they get up to amuse themselves and I surprised and amazed they are very much like people. There are the elder more serious family members who perform a kind of over sighting patriarch and matriarch role, while the younger ones get up to all sorts of playful inventions. Birds are a lot more clever than people think. I have no doubt the bird in Vid has has observed humans snow boarding and thought that looks like fun im gonna try that. I never gave birds much thought before I lived near a reserve now I see how fascinating and fun they are to be around.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is incredible!
S & F

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I've seen it a few times.
Nice to see it again though!
It's so sweet and the bird is mart to figure this out.
There's some others where Crows steal coins out of a machine, so they set up cameras to catch the thief. They were stashing the coins on a rooftop.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

He got that sled for Xmas.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Tarzan the apeman.
reply to post by jhn7537

He got that sled for Xmas.

Indeed, he was not naughty, but was nice.

I finally understand why people "bird watch" as a hobby. They are just waiting for more birds to start sledding down the roofs of homes

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
A surfer or skier reincarnated as a bird?

That is trippy seeing a bird do that. Just when you think you've seen it all up pops a video like this. And people think wild life are dumb creatures...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hopefully now people can realize that animals aren't brain dead beings

They are like us, and we are like them

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join