It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird bottle cap sledding... Yes, the title is correct!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I really wasn't sure of the forum to put this in. I also ran a search of "bird bottle cap sledding" but nothing returned in the search, so if this is already posted, I do apologize.

Came across this clip of a bird, and what looks to be, sledding... I have never seen this before. Maybe there was a sense of enjoyment the bird was getting from this, but who really knows. The best part, is that the bird slides down the roof, picks up the bottle cap, goes back to the top and goes down again, just like a sledder on a snowy hill. I do wonder if the bird is imitating something they saw? I'm just curious to what motivated the bird to do this. I find it very random and hilarious

Strange clip, right? I guess there's not much to write up on this clip, just felt I'd share it with you all..
edit on 31-1-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

hahah cool! I like how he looks around to make sure no ones watching haha....

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well..I have to say that sure beats the 3D Printed Salsa Dancing Tarantula video I just watched:0 That is the cutest thing..strange, but cute!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by jhn7537

hahah cool! I like how he looks around to make sure no ones watching haha....

I agree, it's almost like it's "play time", but no one else may participate... Maybe the bird is worried some other bird will come by and steal the bottle cap from it.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
That was pretty darn cool, who says animals cant have fun???

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yup birds can have fun also. Used to be a crow at our launch site that would do back flips off of our windsock pole. I have seen hundreds of birds playing just for the fun of it. Although part of me thinks he is also trying to break up a potential food item.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yeah, this has been posted before.
But it is pretty cool!

They are pretty smart birds anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have always said and this proves my point that bottle cap surfing is for the birds ....peace and thanks I needed some fun :>)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
I have always said and this proves my point that bottle cap surfing is for the birds ....peace and thanks I needed some fun :>)

Yea, I figured it was a nice break was the State of the Union, Doom Porm, Economy about to crash threads...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
the cap has frozen food in it. You can see the bird pecking at the food. The bird stands on while pecking out the food and begins to slide. he then picks it up and returns to the top and begins pecking again and he slides again.

the bird is not sledding on by choice but rather it happens as he is trying to get the food out.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

ChesterJohn
the cap has frozen food in it. You can see the bird pecking at the food. The bird stands on while pecking out the food and begins to slide. he then picks it up and returns to the top and begins pecking again and he slides again.

the bird is not sledding on by choice but rather it happens as he is trying to get the food out.

Actually that's wrong, I spoke to the bird and he is training for Sochi... Crazy Russian bird wants to make a name for himself at this years winter Olympics!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

Parade rainer.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

parad0x122

ChesterJohn

Parade rainer.

I agree, no wonder we're going down the crapper, too many negative people, esp on here

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

HomerinNC

parad0x122

ChesterJohn

Parade rainer.

I agree, no wonder we're going down the crapper, too many negative people, esp on here

I think there's a small group of people on ATS who love to do anything they can to 'debunk' a story, no matter how lighthearted it may be... This is a bird sledding on some roof in Russia, do we really need to crack the case to what's going on here?? lol... On 9/11 stories I understand, on bird sledding stories I do not get it, because it's obviously a joke of a thread anyways..

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

You didn't search hard enough. This was from last winter. I've pulled up the video for many people to see over this past year it's so funny. It's also obvious that the bird is playing. This is not survival behavior or instinctual behavior it's simple playing on the birds part. My own birds play with the toys I put in the cage like ringing the bell or talking to the bird in the mirror or just climbing up and down the cage sides but this crow is different. There is thought behind this behavior.
Thanks for bringing it up again because I am sure there are many who haven't seen this yet.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by jhn7537

You didn't search hard enough. This was from last winter. I've pulled up the video for many people to see over this past year it's so funny. It's also obvious that the bird is playing. This is not survival behavior or instinctual behavior it's simple playing on the birds part. My own birds play with the toys I put in the cage like ringing the bell or talking to the bird in the mirror or just climbing up and down the cage sides but this crow is different. There is thought behind this behavior.
Thanks for bringing it up again because I am sure there are many who haven't seen this yet.

Well, I searched this exact phrase "bird bottle cap sledding", you would think that would have covered any thread title/body description based off this video... But to be honest, the search tool on ATS isn't that great and anyone who creates threads knows this...hahahaa

It was new to me, it looks like it was new to others, no harm no foul...

edit on 31-1-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Swallows swooping around in the sky are obviously doing it for fun. They rollercoaster across the sky swooping down then up and then down again. No rhyme or reason simply for enjoyment. I could watch them for hours.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

There's one in every crowd. I guess you are ours. Party pooper.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Very cool.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

The search function is not great on here. Things I know I've seen on this site I have not found in a search
Didn't mean to imply you were inadequate. So sorry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join