It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americanization of the Sheep British.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

We do but the sizes are too damn small our xxxl is a 5x to you guys.One of my favorite eating places has the British flag on it. But we are a HUGE country that has a great deal more niche markets than you so we can support them.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I can but most WHOLE HEARTEDLY concur. Many Americans (like me) DETEST rap because of the criminal promotional aspect and it's lack of elaborate talent. But I do suppose our elders would say the same of my beloved Judas Priest.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I'm an in-betweener here as an "elder" then.....am I??
I don't like Hair Bands AND I detest 'rap'.

The English Beat? Yeah! Elvis Costello? You bet! I actually got to meet Nick Lowe many years ago outside a concert - I asked for a hug - and he gave me a cheek-kiss!!!
The Cars
The Kinks
Dire Straits
Men at Work
The Tubes
ah, the days of new-wave music. I'm also fond of the 60s-oldies; I was a little kid through the 60s.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I was watching the metal show and they asked a hard question if you could have one but not the other would you pick European Metal or American metal. This Kiss army soldier picks European metal.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

SearchLightsInc
Dear fellow Britains, How are you liking the rain these days?

The americanization of british culture is rapidly gaining speed. We thought you had stopped contributing when Star-bucks set up shop but no, its getting worse. Our shops are selling clothing with american overtones to them - The american Flag, names of cities, american slang terms such as "nerd" and "Jock"

We have pop up sweet shops selling american candy such as hersheys, reeses and pop tarts etc. Krispy Kreme doughnuts!

And now, of ALL things, American Football.

Channel 4 is making great efforts to introduce american football to the brits. Broadcasting the "Super Bowel" when its played at Wembley. From what ive seen, that game is a knock off of rugby and far.to.slow. Clothing shops have even started selling the jersey's that team's wear over their shoulder pads. The paper's even report what the hell is going on with that sport.

The question is WHY.

Is there really a market for the american brand in the backyard of britain? Or is this an attempt to merge our similar but different culture's against our will!? How would an american feel if they had shop's selling clothes with the british flag all over it?

Its crazy.

This thread has no intention to insult or slander any american. The purpose is to discuss an observation i have made.

At least they have had to put some effort into it. We Australians, for some strange reason, regard anything Ameriican as superior to anything Australian full stop. Australians are actually keen to use Americian names, pronounce words the Ameriican way. Nobody playing Australian rules foot ball these days plays in defence. They now play 'down back.' Noboy is every 'finished' these days, now they are 'done.' People dont fly on aeroplanes these days, they fly on airplanes.

The list goes on. Our politicans recently has a a discussion about 'raising the debt cileing' not in creasing the national defosit.

The list goes on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join