It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Eating Burgers For The First Time In Their Lives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
People Eating Burgers For The First Time In Their Lives

A taste test between Big Mac and Whopper has whopper on top as people try a hamburger for the first time.

So they design a portable Whopper maker and head for villages around the world and let all the villagers try a whopper their first hamburger experience.

The last guy seems to like seal better

I just wonder if this type of research? is contaminating peoples culture and way of life/

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Well...

I have to say, the overwhelming preference for the whopper does not surprise me one bit. Burger King burgers have the advantage of flame grilling, which adds a certain taste which is lacking in McDonalds products. It tastes more like good honest food. What I think would be far more interesting, is to see a bunch of people who have never eaten real, honest, home slaughtered, home cooked meat dishes from around the world, react to the sensation of having unprocessed meat for the first time!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

TrueBrit

Well...

I have to say, the overwhelming preference for the whopper does not surprise me one bit. Burger King burgers have the advantage of flame grilling, which adds a certain taste which is lacking in McDonalds products. It tastes more like good honest food. What I think would be far more interesting, is to see a bunch of people who have never eaten real, honest, home slaughtered, home cooked meat dishes from around the world, react to the sensation of having unprocessed meat for the first time!

I would add that the people go through the processing as well to see slaughter and how to cut and how to prepare hamburger, sausage, tripe, toungue etc...
Then finally dish up a plate/

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

imd12c4funn

I just wonder if this type of research? is contaminating peoples culture and way of life/

Oh I guarantee it's research related. Places always want to hear that their product is better, and if it isn't better, then they're going to try and make it better. Plus in the video they were indeed saying "research" quite a bit.

Think about it, they didn't just go to these places with their own burgers. They gave them other brands as well. If they just wanted to have people experience a burger for the first time, why bother giving them another stores burger as well?

As far as contaminating their culture? No, I wouldn't say that. I doubt some hamburgers would jeopardize their culture. But I can say I don't really like the fact that their basically just carrying out an experiment on these people. They probably could care less about their way of life or their culture. They just want to see some statistics and results from what their doing to help benefit their business.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

The study just compared the taste, not the amount of stomach upset and sickness the people experienced after eating this crud.

Next Burgerking will start serving seal "meat", and a whole new cycle of caging and slaughtering our neighbors will start ("Love they neighbor as thyself" the Bard said, and how you live your life depends on what the meaning of "neighbor" is).
edit on 31-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I tried a Burger KIng Whopper once. I couldn't finish it. I took one bite and almost regurgitated. I Opened the bun and it smelled just like garbage so I threw it in the trash. I wonder how people could eat that.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
They really shouldn't be comparing big mac to the whopper, as the burgers are quite different. Big mac has 3 slices of bread, pickles, lettuce, tomato, 2 regular patties, onion, and thousand island dressing. Whoppers have lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, 1 large patty, 2 pieces of bread, ketchup, mustard, and mayo.

If they wanted a true comparison, they should have done big mac vs big king, or quarter pounder with lettuce mayo and tomato added to the whopper. Those would have been closer comparisons.

For that matter how were the big macs prepared? Were they nuked while the whoppers were fresh cooked? That would make a difference as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Burger King has their own version of the Big Mac called "Big King".

Maybe that would have been a better comparison.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Was actually a decent watch.
I was expecting a BK commercial but was pleasantly surprised to find it did have some anthropological value.

Worth watching if only for the 1st minute just to see the people confused on how to eat the things LOL

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by eManym

You should have tasted what passed for hamburgers in Desert Storm.I think it may have been camel meat.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

cavtrooper7
reply to post by eManym

You should have tasted what passed for hamburgers in Desert Storm.I think it may have been camel meat.

Eeek.
If those are what I think they are....
They start out as bottom of the barrel industrial ground beef that has some additives to enhance (?) texture and flavor. Then they are freeze-dried for storage and shipment.
A soyburger setting under a heat lamp at gas station would taste better.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I do the same thing, stare at it, twirl it around trying to find the right place to take a bite.
LOL great topic.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, if they REALLY wanted to blow their minds, they shoulda gave em a 5 Guys cheeseburger

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
A couple of things got to me beyond the whole corp. agenda..

1. It really warms my heart to see how nice people are around the world..how we all want the same things (meet new people, try new things, experience life to our fullest)..those people were so nice, innocent and sweet...as I do believe most people are good.

2. I the traditional food served in the one village looked SO GOOD!!! How..why..what the freak reason would anyone have eating our processed garbage over that delicious and wholesome food...Im glad the guy at the end preferred the seal

That's really all I have to say....

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

tebyen
For that matter how were the big macs prepared? Were they nuked while the whoppers were fresh cooked? That would make a difference as well.

If you had watched the video, you would have seen that they took a authentic BK grill and customized it for transport around the world. They even made a point that every country they visited had different types of hook ups when it came to the propane used to fire the grill.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

The looks on their faces must have resembled mine the first time I had KimChee.

I hate cabbage, but I do luvs me some KimChee. (and cowslaw)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
McDonalds is such a scam. What a person gets for what they pay. No wonder the corp is make huge amounts of money. Ripping off stupid people works well.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

imd12c4funn
I would add that the people go through the processing as well to see slaughter and how to cut and how to prepare hamburger, sausage, tripe, toungue etc...
Then finally dish up a plate/

Makes me hungry just thinking about it. Nothing wrong with doing your own meat processing, it's just time consuming.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Maybe the next experiment could be who gives children the most nightmares - the Burger King mascot or Ronald McDonald.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

rupertg
Maybe the next experiment could be who gives children the most nightmares - the Burger King mascot or Ronald McDonald.

The King. Definitely. That thing's like a bad '___' trip.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join