It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the greek gods are real!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

I have made a very similar point, in some past posts OP. Homer existed, some of what he wrote is historically correct. Including a very real possibility Troy existed, and the war happened. Therefore, the gods he spoke of in the Iliad and Odyssey must be real. All hail the gods!!!

edit on 1/31/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I second this motion, to some degree.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

danielsil18

ketsuko
So are you contacting the Freedom from Religion folks to begin their campaigns to get the Iliad and The Odyssey and all studies of Greek myths removed from public school curricula? After all, how dare they cram religion down our children's throats with our tax dollars!

Actually Greek Mythology is not a religion. It's considered what it is, a myth.

Schools don't tell kids to believe Zeus is real or that Achilles roamed the Earth.

Christianity on the other hand...

Correct Greek mythology is nothing more than myth.

Zeus and the other Greek gods did not walk on this earth but Jesus did! ('
')

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

What's your proof?

A really old book with a bunch of strange stories concocted to explain ancient man's curiosity regarding the order of our existence?

No, that's not myth at all. If the book says there are talking snakes then there must be talking snakes, right?

Although I never seen one...

Come to think of it, I have never seen Eris either... could be we are both wrong and that truth is inherently objective and based solely on anal retentive bias usually programmed into our biological circuitry as children?

No, that's crazy.

Clearly talking snakes convinced some neo-lithic proto-woman to eat a magic fruit and that's why modern women ovulate. Clearly.

Hail Eris!
All hail Discordia!
Kallisti

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

danielsil18
The city of Troy was found using Homer's Iliad.

So with Christian's logic, Achilles, Zeus, Apollo, Helen, etc were all real.

Oh yeah they are real but it just isn't their real names.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

ketsuko
So are you contacting the Freedom from Religion folks to begin their campaigns to get the Iliad and The Odyssey and all studies of Greek myths removed from public school curricula? After all, how dare they cram religion down our children's throats with our tax dollars!

We all know the FFR are actually Freedom from Christianity Only. Go to their web site you will find only one religion they fight against. their name is a misnomer because if they called themselves Freedom From Christianity they would be a open hate group. As they are they are a hate group by definition.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

danielsil18

ketsuko

Actually Greek Mythology is not a religion. It's considered what it is, a myth.

Schools don't tell kids to believe Zeus is real or that Achilles roamed the Earth.

Christianity on the other hand...

But at one time it was religion

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And so are the Viking gods...

In all the English speaking countries they live on in the weekdays.

Tuesday is named after the war god named Tyr.
Wednesday is derived from the main Norse god called Odin.
Thursday comes to us from the storm god named Thor.
Friday is named after the Viking goddess named Frigga.

The Vikings have a prophecy that says all their gods will be destroyed by other gods at the last day of Ragnarok. A paradise is said to come after that destruction.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Athena even has Athens, Greece named after her...

Then there's heracleion, named after Hercules; another godling.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What if all the gods in all religions , weather Viking, Greek, Christianity , are actually all the same gods? Just named differently...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

I believe there is a book by Brandon Levon called the Omega Code project and another book the new world bible or something like that.

The book shows how the author made connections using ancient tales/myths and gave his perception that the Greek Gods are real people, maybe immortals.

The book was for sale so I never read it but a few Youtube videos were made using the info contained in the book.

There might be a thread or two on ATS about this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Who knows? Maybe the ancient greek gods were....th03.deviantart.net...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I may be a bit of an oddball within the christian community, but I believe there is something to all ancient accounts of gods/goddesses. In fact I believe they are still around yanking peoples chains in the form of Aliens/UFOs/ghosts/demons. Same old stuff, different forms maybe.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I am Greek and I will try help you with my knowledge.

The word God in our ancient years vocabulary, have 2 meanings...

Meanings :

GOD - the one who sees all, who is all around us, in the whole universe and all places, at the same time. ZEUS

The gods - Those who run fast.... the fast runners... All entities including humans are gods. Because we can run fast, populate, reproduce, create life, expand in the universe.

The 12 gods of Olympus, are not entirely Greek not all... Only Zeus is Hellenic. Because we believe in him and we allied with Zeus forces against others.

In the other hand, do not take the above as granted... Because after the cataclysmic event, the reptiles (dragonians) and the Kronians manipulated, destroyed and forced their beliefs. Because the earth was being invaded by them.

We find 12 gods before Kronians, so probably most of the modern myths, are crafted to rasp their names... who knows.

Who are the Kronians.

In the beginning was the Ethiopians, Indians and the today you call Greeks. They called them as generation of Oyranos ( Uranus), people from the sky. So obviously there is no reference were we came from. But we know that we came from Andromeda, before Andromeda collapses. They moved in seirios E star of seirios and here some small populations.

Kronos was part of the Alliance, was a commander. And every 36000 (i think) they make a kind of guardians of the solar system that they create and is under development (like in the most recent star trek, that they protect planets and also help people evolve). It was also the time of a great war in the universe with the dragonians. And the rebeling begun.

Kronos rebelled along with his forces (his fleet), they allied with the dragonians, after dragonians lost the battle and fleed into our solar system. They created hybrid races (many but 2 survived) and ditched them into atlantis, after authorization of the local government at that time. The reason they allowed them was, to avoid conflict, because at that point, Kronos that supposed to protect and be the forces against them... allied with them.

The corruption begun from the hybrid races into posidonians (the true atlantians) and they tried to force one world order. Ouranides took notice and the war begun against posidonians and the hybrid races. Atlantis lost and the dragonian commander, ordered his hybrid races to move out from atlantis. Few days after, with a kind of geomagnetic weapons, he disturbed the surface of the planet and many lands and cities, sunk under the water... vanished. Its the cataclysmic event.

If u search, its easy to find who ordered the cataclysmic event. That is the dragonian commander.

after that, the remaining forces, fled outside the earth, others hided under the surface of the earth, including dragonians. Some hybrids transferred into the moon, thats why Apollonas destroyed them after, for 7 days war into the moon. " beautiful blond people" thats the description for them. As for the other hybrid race, is " small yellow people" . Thats how the ancients described them in our books.

since then, all history, manipulated and turn into mythology. Some clever greeks coded myths and hided some truths inside. Because as you know, most of the philosophers turn to be dead very quickly.

Kronians (the hybrid race that Kronos forces created) kept the power over humans since, in the surface of planet earth and helping for the interests of the dragonian commander.

So many gods (not GOD but gods) are not greek at all... many of them are Kronians, most of them if not all, AFTER the cataclysmic event. Only few are remained as they are, the forces of Zeus.

Today they blasphemy the name of Zeus as satan, or anunaki... ofcourrse, the abominations fear the return of his forces. They are dead meat, along with those who helped them and followed them.

Here is a video, am afraid it has greek subs, but I could help into translating what it says... Is the 5 generations by Isiodos philosopher. Is one of the few, modern philosophers (730bc) that he presents Zeus as above all... Kronos is just a commander, a material entity... While the Kronians, present Kronos as the father of zeus.. (they manipulated everything).

anyway.... www.youtube.com...

I wish i had this video, to edit it and add English subs for u.. but its not my video... anyway, I will translate it here.

Isiodos 700 bc, he was born at Biotia of Hellas around 700-800 bc

works and days by Isiodos " Theogonia "

If you wish some knowledge, I will tell you with beautiful words but with deep knowledge inside it. You have to understand it deep into your mind.

Golden generation : In the beginning the immortals created the golden generation of humans. The golden generation is the ones we call Olympians. They existed during the period that Kronos was a ruller into this skies (solar system). This generation of humans lived with untouched souls and without any problems and they didnt knew what " greed or envy" means. Nor they got old, they always stayed young. They celebrated all day and night, they were so happy and when the time came for them to leave the material world, die... They just accepted it and died like they go to a beautiful sleep - dream. Everything around them was beautiful. The GAIA was offering wealthy food and resources to them. And them, inside all this peaceful living environment, enjoyed their creations, their lives.

But when the ground covered that generation of humans (golden), they become ethereal divined spirits, to guide the other generations in the feature. Because thats what the GREAT ZEUS decided (a personal comment here... its very clear that Zeus is not a golden child, Olympian... he is above all, the GOD). The golden child's are pure, travelling all over the earth and forever, helping newer generations. Guardians of the humans and they give the happiness they received when once were materialized humans to.

The silver generation : The second generation was much worse than the first. The silver generation was created by the Olympians! (that means the golden generation did genetics), but they were totally different in the mind and compared with golden generation!
100 years took in each one of this kids to be raised and stayed with his mummy. They were crazy, playing all day and night, nothing else! And at the time that this children get adults, they died!!! Because they were crazy (not crazy with the today meaning, more like.... happy crazy, do crazy things). They also denied to pray or to respect the gods... the golden generation. So Zeus destroyed this generation of humans. And at the time the ground covered them, they named them " INFERNALS, abominations "...
edit on 4-2-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
message 2 because its to big :

The bronze generation : Then Zeus created the bronze generation of humans. It had nothing to do with the silver generation... totally different. It was a war generation of humans, they cared nothing else, but creating war machines, war structures, only about ARHS missions - the god of war (?), they didn't care about anything else (personal comment, i think this generation of humans is during the war in the universe with the dragonians.. only wars). They never eat... (its more like a robot army) but inside the metal bodies, they had soul! (personal comment, we have an army of robots with soul, conciseness). They had great powers, bronze was their weapons, bronze was their houses and anything they made, was out of bronze. Because IRON was not known to them till then. But from their passion of war, they vanished to and moved into Hades.... They left behind nothing, nor history, nor names to speak about them. But they did something for the rest of the generations.... They left the SUN behind!

4th generation of humans (the Heroic) : This generation of humans, had more divine in them, brave and heroes... they called imigods. (personal comment, Kronos was still in rulership in the skies even during that period). But this generation was vanished by many wars and stupid wars, such us the beautiful hair of Ellen of Troy or the wealth's of kings and athlons. So this generation died and few of them taken by Zeus into the skies to live with the others.

The fith and last generation of humans... US.. the iron generation : Isiodos here says : Oh!! why me, I wish I was never born today, why in the fifth.... But before it or after this generation I wish i was born.

There will be no day for them, that their lifetime works and jobs and creations will be recognized. The will be no nights that this generation will have no problems to think, before they go to sleep. I wish us to have some goods along with the bad ones merged together. And there will be time, that this generation of humans will be destroyed again by Zeus.

When the children will born with their hair white (guess what, every children who born today, owns to the bunkers). When the father will have nothing in common with his children and the children with his father. The slaves (immigrants today), wont be expensive to move into the countries that accommodate them. Nor there will be honor between brothers and friends, like before. And their parents, when they get old, there will be no respect, will cast them away. Nor the food that the parents offered to their children, their children won't payback. And they will rasp them, bad words... Isiodos says here : OH my wretches, miserable humans... Without even considering the anger of the gods .

There will be no honor in the promises we give and nor the pure and gentle humans will find justice among them. The deserters, abominations will be honored instead of them. The only fair will be the inner strength. But the feeling of TRUTH and justice will not be there. It will be the times that the filthy ones will crash the braves ones, by promising into lies. And all these filthy humans will be accompanied by ERIDA. And with her ugly voice and looks, will departure for Olympus, because even SHE, won't be able to stand the way humans will turn... AIDOS AND NEMESIS... And humans will be left alone in their problems because there will be no solution for their problems... Then ZEUS will destroy this generation of humans.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Greek mythology as we all know comes from an earlier incarnation of the same characters, but with different names.

What is odd is that it represents a detailed description of genetic hybridisation activity here on earth. Did the Minotaur actually have a head of a bull and body of a man? Or did it represent human - bovine hybridisation?

Within the next 10 years, every hybrid described in Greek mythology will most likely be achievable in a lab. At that point, it will be proven that there exists at least one technique for achieving this result. If there is one, then logic follows that the probability is high that there exists others. If an alternative technique is developed then you have a proof through mathematical induction.

Taking this into consideration, I really can't see why people scoff at these things and consider themselves thinking people.

My hypothesis is that at some point in our past, humans had the ability to create hybrids through a technique that has since been lost. There is a lot of indirect evidence to support this theory, and once modern science shows there is more than one way to create a human animal hybrid then all bets are off.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
OP, thi could have been written way better, with more evidence and stronger arguments.

However, I agree with you completely. All 'gods' of ancient past were real. God is the ancient word for extraterrestrials.

When we read about the 'magic' and 'supernatural powers' of these gods, it helps to make it truly seem 'mythical', but that's ony because we have misinterpreted these events and their abilities...

For example, Poseidon was a "sea god"...not that the sea was personified, talking and doing things, but this alien commander was a sea "captain".

Zeus was a "sky god"...not because the sky was personified and was talking and doing things, but because this alien commander was a "pilot" for a type of flying craft.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

What's your proof?

A really old book with a bunch of strange stories concocted to explain ancient man's curiosity regarding the order of our existence?

No, that's not myth at all. If the book says there are talking snakes then there must be talking snakes, right?

Although I never seen one...

Come to think of it, I have never seen Eris either... could be we are both wrong and that truth is inherently objective and based solely on anal retentive bias usually programmed into our biological circuitry as children?

No, that's crazy.

Clearly talking snakes convinced some neo-lithic proto-woman to eat a magic fruit and that's why modern women ovulate. Clearly.

Hail Eris!
All hail Discordia!
Kallisti

Not exactly. Remember, you have to understand that the religious text that you are referring to is a few thousands of years old, so a lot of what was written cannot be takien literally, only because of the limited vocabulary.

So...

The "snake" was actually a traitor; same as we consider someone today. Lord God felt he was 'betrayed' by Satan because Satan had started to sympathize with the humans.

The "apple" was the symbol for intelligence; same as today. Satan hd started an 'upgrade' process on the human intelligence, as he wanted "our eyes to be open, like the gods, and to know good from evil".

Lord God did not want a race of intelligent 'upgraded' slaves, so he got super upset and deemed the other 'god' a 'satan', meaning advisary.

Jonah's whale was a SUBMARINE
The Star of Bethelehem was a SPACESHIP
Fire breathing, flying Dragons were ROCKETS
The Virgin Birth was ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION
Angels wings were not attached to their backs...it was the fact that they had the ability of FLIGHT- through space craft

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Dmvr34
Not arguing with you, just trying to understand the line of thought.
Old sunken ships have been found, therefore according to your thinking Davy Jones in its "pirates" version must be real too?

I for one would not mind if the Greek gods were real, the were truly bad@ss

Yeah Speaking of Old Sunken Ships ...

Antikythera mechanism
en.wikipedia.org...

They Must Be real ! The Greek Gods

like finding a Jet before the wright brothers ever Flew!

Ancient Greek Computer Had Surprising Sun Tracker

By Lisa Grossman
6:28 PM

www.wired.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

thats a race from the small Kynos of Seirios system. thats why their race is called : Kynokefalos (copy paste that word on google and u will see), also copy the following ( mikros kynos seirios). Mikros = small ... Seirios is separated in small Kynos and big kynos. Its a war race... they used them as guardians. Nothing to do with dragonians.

and what u said about 1 character with different name or story, its not mythology... Its epos+tragedy or tragedy... And through EPOS and tragedy, drama came into theatres, so u got confused there...

Epos is coming from the 4th generation of humans. many Epos are stories from heroes and Tragedy makes the viewer, feel like, " this is me, this is my life and bring him into the EPOS or tragodia (tragedy). Tragedy also had lots of political influence... Tragodia = tragedy from everyday life. So the character wouldnt matter the viewer, but mostly the script.. if it makes feel like... I AM THE HERO.

An example is Aristofanis wrote lots about the style you mentioned in your comment. Also Sofoklis, Euripidis, etc... But mythology, nothing to do with it.

Today, you may see in a daily bases the same theatrical play, or 10 different theatrical plays... In ancient years, it was a yearly celebration! So the viewers had only 1-2 chance to see something like that (per year). So it was a big deal. They start playing tragedies and epos at theatres, in modern history of my country (very modern) and it was the days of Dionisos..
edit on 4-2-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join