It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you please recommend me an OBJECTIVE vid/doc on the US govt? I can't believe what I'm watching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm relatively new to the alternative news world.

Ever since I joined ATS, I've run into very disturbing videos on the government. I even ran into a documentary where it was saying how the government is ALL an act....that the republicans, democrats, the president, everyone, they are all laughing BEHIND the scenes and they pretend to argue in the public, just so they appear legitimate. I have trouble believing that one.

Now, we are all calling our president a liar.....it blows my mind that it is actually a general concensus that the president is lying to our country. Very, very disturbing for this alternative news noob.

It's just very confusing for me right now. The people that are in congress....weren't they all top students at Harvard and other elite schools? I assumed everyone in congress would be extremely smart but everybody is calling the congress dumb.

Sorry, I guess i went a bit off topic from the thread title. I was just wondering if I could be recommended an objective video/documentary/website of how the US government actually operates.

Maybe the word objective is a poorly chosen word. It seems like objectivity is invalid in ATS and in the alternative news world. There always seems to be two sides to something (or seven.)

Please help the confused and frustrated...and yes, the uneducated.

edit on 30-1-2014 by CleanCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You might get some vids posted here by members.

But in the meantime,

Watch the political news with one important question in mind....

"What is the impact on the majority of citizens".

Sometimes you can see more with the answer to that.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There is no "silver bullet" for the alternative news/information environment. Everyone will trace a different path towards awareness and understanding.

I would say that documentaries and videos, unfortunately, only tell one side of the story. The real, core issues are usually in writing - and in (kinetic) action, which is a lot harder to research on the Internet. I can say that the raw videos from the Iran-Contra Affair are probably the best intelligence source into the cogs of the Five Eyes-Saudi-Israeli Empire machine that basically is Big Brother.

You should start by getting to know the National Security Counci, the National Command Authority and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Also, nowadays, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security. If you're into history, look into the CIA and the FBI.

Then listen to people like the NSA whistleblowers.

Get a grip around the power structure and its hierarchy. This will help you measure the value of information that gets thrown at you. People really believe "Obama's a liar". He cannot be a simple liar. That does not make great public relations. What he is good at is delivering a very well conocted message - and notice that when he's interviewed, on the fly, he does reveal more than at teleprompter settings. He's still human (hmm... Or is he?), he has feelings and he does let them come through when he's up there in the stage.

What really blows the mind of any researcher is when you get to the SECRECY, to the information that has been stamped some classification that DOES NOT LET THE PUBLIC KNOW ABOUT IT. This is the most pervasive and nearly infinite power that is yielded on the "folks" out there. Denial of truth. That is why the Snowden documents also reveal a lot more than what the MSM and even the Alternative Media is talking about. It's a whole culture, a whole society that has been built, and thrives around, the special access to information. It's very profitable and powerful.

Well, I'm rambling by now... But I really feel like I know where you're coming from, and I'm trying to make you focus on very real, tangible evidence instead of running around watching random videos, like I did for quite a while.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CleanCare

There are no objective videos, we live in a subjective world coloured by personal perception.

I hate to break it to you, but governments are a scan, the financial system is a ponzi scheme, your tax department is a collection agency for the FED, DHS and TSA are stocking up on ammo and FEMA camps, posse comitatus laws are gone so you will see a large military presence in the streets because martial law will be declared and the whole damn thing is going down sooner than later. Being trained in strategy, I expect that the collapse will be triggered in 3 or 4 waves;

Global Financial Collapse starting in emerging markets and third world countries creating riots (it's already starting),
Followed almost immediately by war, probably between Israel and Iran/Russia in which the US and Europe will step in then,
A major pandemic that is targeted at people with reduced hygiene, probably a designer plague then,
A second pandemic that is genetically targeted and explained as a byproduct of our "enemies."

As far as the pandemics go, I expect they will come up with a vaccine so those left alive can handle the dead, but I also expect the vaccine will have 1/2 of the binary agent that will produce the genetically targeted pandemic. The other half could be introduced via the water, food or air supplies.

That scenario should wipe out about 80-90% of the population and they will use whomever is left after each pandemic to clean up the bodies from the streets. What will be left in the end is a fully integrated totalitarian or fascist society run by the present PTB as a meritocracy.

That bleak enough for ya?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/31.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sounds like you got your mind made up already.

But if you want my opinion, watching videos to inform yourself isn't exactly the best route.
I would suggest reading books or at least information gleaned from books(with citations hopefully).

That's a better route I think, it avoids a lot of problems.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

If you would like to know what ATS thinks about this topic, start in the HOAX forum and the Ludicrous Online Lies forum.

Once done, go to New World Order and sort by "most flagged".

From there you should be able to get a feel of what the membership considers crap and what is considered worthwhile regarding this, and other topics.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

If you want to remain objective, don't assume that all members of congress are from Harvard or Ivy League schools. Objectively:

1. Secret societies existing within these schools that many of our Presidents have been apart of. (It's all a big coincidence)

2. The amount of members in Congress that are lobbyists.

The search feature has a myriad of topics ranging from anything to everything.

You want some objective proof of corruption beyond comprehension, educate yourself on the banking/monetary system. Fractional reserve banking, fiat currency, LIBOR, The Federal Reserve Act, pm me if you're too pressed to find good articles.

Big pharmaceutical companies, privatized prison industries, militarization of police, banking cartels, private armies, it all equals one thing. Tyranny at your doorstep.

Which leads to the end of the cycle. Educate yourself all you want. Who cares. Nobody is going to do anything about anything. ATS and the likes will beat their chests but we collectively have been silent when it comes to coming together to topple this machine of misery and corruption beyond any words.

9/11, subsequent invasions of our privacy and ME, Golf of Tonkin, Operation Northwoods, plots to usurp presidencies, drone striking innocent civilians.

Did someone say Justin Bieber?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Welcome to having several late late nights researching # about the Government that will blow your mind and never cease to amaze you how corrupt and fraudulent it is.

think paying taxes is Constitutional and mandatory?
Sedm.org
Creditorsincommerce.com
Pakalertpress.com for news read a few articles that catch your eye

Learn how you're a Slave to a system that has no morals, is not a nation, but a corporation and how statutes don't really apply to you

9/11 was inside job, the government cia dea sells drugs and guns to cartels.
All the wars were caused by the bankers
Zionist jews turned in the Jews to S'S
We are Israels military
The Vatican owns the world
Zurich is the evil capital of the world
Kazars and Jesuits call the shots
Religion is all a lie
God is i am
You are

With knowledge comes great power comes great responsibility

The truth Will set you free

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Ever since I joined ATS, I've run into very disturbing videos on the government. I even ran into a documentary where it was saying how the government is ALL an act....that the republicans, democrats, the president, everyone, they are all laughing BEHIND the scenes and they pretend to argue in the public, just so they appear legitimate. I have trouble believing that one.

Now, we are all calling our president a liar.....it blows my mind that it is actually a general concensus that the president is lying to our country. Very, very disturbing for this alternative news noob.

It's just very confusing for me right now. The people that are in congress....weren't they all top students at Harvard and other elite schools? I assumed everyone in congress would be extremely smart but everybody is calling the congress dumb.

Sorry, I guess i went a bit off topic from the thread title. I was just wondering if I could be recommended an objective video/documentary/website of how the US government actually operates.

Maybe the word objective is a poorly chosen word. It seems like objectivity is invalid in ATS and in the alternative news world. There always seems to be two sides to something (or seven.)

sorry my man...but that sounds...rather naive from you...but it's not your fault.

Interests rule, money talks...that's all you need to know about your or most governments of the world. In fact...it's the way of the world today.

Just for taste...I can't remember the name...but one congressman even expressed fear of Island of Guam sinking if there are too many people on it. So talk to me about education and smart people in the gov.

How do you chose your president ? Is it the smartest guy ? The best speaker ? Best ideas ?

Do you think that US president is the smartest man in the country ? But why don't you just get all candidates to take an IQ test and than make the winner a president...??

Because it's not about smarts...it's about who fits well with interests. Who lies the best on the campaign...and who has money (read power).

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

CleanCare

edit on 30-1-2014 by CleanCare because: (no reason given)

Please tell me you are being sarcastic!!!!! I think its hard to believe people still exist that believe the government has there best interest in mind. Looks like you are finally waking up and clearing the sand from eyes. You are not going to like what you are about to see/feel/think. Ignorance is bliss thats for sure.

Welcome to the actual free thought, isn't it great

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS and the surprising world of WTH?!
Whenever I read a news article or even a history book, I always ask myself, "Who benefits if I believe what I'm being told?" That applies to conspiracy theories too, imho.

top topics

join