It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Treasury Secretary tells Democrats - Don't Negotiate Debt Limit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew told some Democrat Senators the debt borrowing limit will run out soon and that they should not negotiate with Republicans because they might want to attach other things to any bill.

Although it's likely that a debt bill would come from the House, Mr Lew apparently thought it appropriate to mention this anyway.

I don't know what he thinks will happen if his "policy" recommendation leads to another shutdown?

Perhaps he is confident that Obama can just issue an Order or Memo?

The U.S. has added around $600 Billion to the national debt since the 2014 fiscal year started Oct 1st.

Lew says the borrowing limit will end Feb 7th and he would only be able to finagle the books for a few weeks this time.

With elections coming in November, the Republicans might just give in and then use the failure against Democrats.

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew huddled with Senate Democrats at lunch on Thursday, telling them not to negotiate with Republicans on the debt ceiling.

Lew reminded lawmakers that the nation’s ability to borrow officially ends Feb. 7 and that while the Treasury was able to buy months of time in the past, its toolbox of “extraordinary measures” will last less than a month this time around. Lew has said the government could miss a payment by the end of February.

“He was just confirming that we need to pass a debt ceiling in February. He said he have to pay our bills and you don’t negotiate over that,” Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said.

Lew urges Senate Dems to hold firm on debt limit

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yah know I think this is where that Myra comes in to play.

More cash for the government to blow without 'raising the debt limit.'

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Great find, my friend. Don't you just love a good chess game? The Fed doesn't play poker. Nothing to chance, here.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

neo96

Yep.

the new MyRA will funnel workers' cash into government loans.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Theres a lot of crazy monetary sh!t going on right now. This along with bitcoin, myra, banks banning withdrawals, hackers galore (taget/neiman/yahoo/etc). Thats just the tip of the melting iceberg. My mind is racing. Nothing good, I'm definitely sure of that.

Only obamas handlers know what action he will try to take on guns.

Nothing good, ladies and gents. Crazy ass times. Not to mention the inflated stock market and suppressed PM prices; & the millions in fake $100 bills floating around in NYC. Wtf
edit on 2524x6725America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What really gets me is the bipartisan bull****. Give me a break. The reasons why this is all happening is the gov and there sponsors. Aka big brother. What we need is a revolution and to kick all these a****** to the curb.......that's right fbi and cia and gov. Come get me. F*** all of you. Your the reason this country is being ran into the ground. I het the godfathers and turning in there graves right now the way you are acting.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Democrats probably are hoping the GOP will cause a shutdown because that would help the dems in the upcoming elections. That's about it as far as I can tell.

Since it seems to be the time for the GOP to self implode itself my prediction is they'll make an issue of the limit and shoot themselves in the foot... again.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

neo96

Indeed, Neo, indeed.
And it is a very big well kept secret on how this works.

This, along with a few "haircuts" and who knows how much longer they
can keep this fiat train going!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I agree. There is going to be a cash shortage in the near future creating a nasty stir in the financial world. This will be a nightmare scenario for the Central Banks in all countries.

Time to get your cash out before the SHTF.

new topics

top topics

join