It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Bank Halts All Cash Withdrawals & Russia Bans Bitcoin.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Mamatus
I am not preparing anything past a few dozen rounds and a bug out bag. When TSHTF I will wait outside a full blown preppers house. Sooner or later he will make a mistake and I will take all he has. Damn I hope he has a cute daughter....
Preppers will be targets unless they live within a like minded community....

Keep in mind you WILL BE watched as well, so make sure YOU don't make any mistakes. Most fathers will die to protect their families, so your "grand idea" may not go according to plan.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

In this case, as much of an out-there conspiracy as this may seem, I think the markets are going to crash. My parents even had their stock broker call them yesterday and ask them if they had enough cash - he was recommending selling, keeping the cash and not reinvesting in other assets or stocks.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

VictorVonDoom
I hope that tequilla induced rant made some sense to someone.
edit on 30-1-2014 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

I got it - over in the Middle-East I read that they sell their cows for AK-47's when they have extra cows and then when they run low on cows, they trade in their stored AK's. Stock up on... what would they be called... things that have utility.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

combatmaster

Fearthedarkforiaminit

combatmaster

People put ALL of their money behind three feet of concrete and steel...and they are the only ones without a key. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

So what is the alternative? In todays world is it even possible to invest securely?

All investments are risks. Any time your money is not in your possession its a risk. But, if you have to invest, a DOW Contra ETF might make you a tidy sum. Would have cleaned up last week when the DOW dropped 300 points. That is just the beginning too. When this thing pops the markets will be in freefall. On paper you will be rich or at least a good bit richer depending ion the size of your investment. Problem is that paper money will be worthless not to mention that you probably won't be able to collect it. If you really want to invest, then invest in you. Your skills, tools and supplies will be the best thing you can invest in. From your name I'm guessing you have the defense thing taken care of, but food, water, shelter and energy will be just as important.

Well well.....

I must say, what an informative reply..... if only there were more ATSers like you.

Interesting... yes, that is correct - whoever posted this advice - the part about what to invest in is super smart. I'm not sure what to say about the DOW Contra ETF, I have no idea what that is, but it makes the poster sound knowledgeable.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Fearthedarkforiaminit

Arnie123
wow...you guys seriously need to chill out.
As confident as you are that SHTF will happen, I'm just as confident that nothing will happen.
A few years will roll by and we will meet back up on ATS and their will be another thread on the same issue and ANOTHER few more years added, pfffff.
I smell fear mongers, my favorite animals. Yes, ANIMALS.
Not to say you shouldn't be prepared, that is everyday life.
But my account is good, I have not seen or heard anything as far as training in the STREETS and that is coming from the countries largest post.
Good looking out though, S&F for trying bud

Ya sure. Everyone relax. Arnie says all is well so chill out. Forsake your survival instincts that have been honed by millions of years of evolution. Why think for yourself when Arnie is here to do it all for us? Sheesh, you people act like you are as intelligent as he is. Can't you see by his avatar that he spends hours of his time learning about these things in the top secret war simulators like HALO and Battlefield. I'm selling all my preps now. Arnie for president. ::Sigh::

--
lol, that's good, pretty good

Look, its okay to be scared, that is a normal human reaction I don't blame you for that.
But their were threads like this 10 years ago, 5 years ago, NOW and then next year, a few years beyond that and 10 years later when we are still on ATS, I get it.
So your prepped, okay now what? just wait? or try an do something about it...I'm guessing your not the doer, but a hider, again, there is no shame in that, hide till the world collapses and laugh at that user "Arnie" about how you told HIM so, lol.
I'm no smarter then the average joe, I just go about my business as everybody else does, you my paranoid friend should learn from that....but you already knew that...from millions of years of HONED SURVIVAL SKILLZZ!!
President huh? No thanks
I prefer to have a full head of hair.
What is wrong with my Avatar? I like masterchief, one of my favorite video games, are you against people playing video games? What of it? Oh!! okkkkk....I get it, because I have a videogame avatar I MUST PLAY VIDEO GAMES 24/7!! lol. Sure. whatever you say buddy.
The previous poster is right though, if your a "Prepper", then your a potential target for raiders after the "Collapse", But Ill protect you, after all, in your eyes, I'm a super smart president videogamer of simulated wars of death!!!
lol, get real, wake up and chill out, get out of mom an pops basement and get some light an fresh air for once, their are other human beings after all.
--
If the So called collapse does come, will I guess that leaves the other 90 percent of our population SOL, including me, so either way, its anybody's guess as to what happens, in the meantime, just...Live.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fearthedarkforiaminit

So when will TSHTF then??

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

combatmaster

--
Sorry, he can't hear you right now, he is buried 10 feet below ground in mom an pops basement with sacks of beans an bullets, clutching a rifle while mumbling to himself, "i told them so...i told them so...."

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Not soon enough imho

This world need a reset

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

darkbake
reply to post by jude11

In this case, as much of an out-there conspiracy as this may seem, I think the markets are going to crash. My parents even had their stock broker call them yesterday and ask them if they had enough cash - he was recommending selling, keeping the cash and not reinvesting in other assets or stocks.

WOW!!! That speaks volumes. I'm a techie type, but I used to work for an investment firm (still work for a major lender, not investment though) and to hear of a stockbroker telling folks not to invest is insane. Brokers only make money when you invest, so apparently this guy no longer has an interest in making money. I have worked in the financial sector almost my whole career and I have always kept an eye on the markets etc. Right now is the worst i've seen it. The market is the highest its ever been and the country and economy is in the crapper. These two should not happen at the same time. Its irrational at best. Ever since the first internet bubble crash, I have read alternative financial blogs and listened to folks like Gerald Celente to get a realistic insider view of whats really going on. (I read UrbanSurvival dot com daily, good stuff there and Celente is excellent. If you haven't heard of him, look him up.) These alternative viewpoints have always and I mean ALWAYS been dead on. I got out of the market long ago and never looked back but to hear of a broker telling folks to sell and go to cash is crazy. Only alternative outlets have made that recommendation in the past. I think the check is in the mail kids. Act now to ensure your survival. Safety first and help your fellow man when you can. Mankind lived for thousands of years without all of the "necessities" that we have today. Learn to live that way. It will make life easier if (ok when) the SHTF. Good post. Thank you for sharing. You certainly added to my sense of urgency.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Arnie123

combatmaster

--
Sorry, he can't hear you right now, he is buried 10 feet below ground in mom an pops basement with sacks of beans an bullets, clutching a rifle while mumbling to himself, "i told them so...i told them so...."

Hahahahaa. Touche, Arnie!

Moved the rest of the reply to CombatMaster as it was for him. Sorry for the double-post.

edit on 139120230601bFri, 31 Jan 2014 15:05:06 -0600America/ChicagoFridayFridaypm C by Fearthedarkforiaminit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Arnie123

Fearthedarkforiaminit

Arnie123
wow...you guys seriously need to chill out.
As confident as you are that SHTF will happen, I'm just as confident that nothing will happen.
A few years will roll by and we will meet back up on ATS and their will be another thread on the same issue and ANOTHER few more years added, pfffff.
I smell fear mongers, my favorite animals. Yes, ANIMALS.
Not to say you shouldn't be prepared, that is everyday life.
But my account is good, I have not seen or heard anything as far as training in the STREETS and that is coming from the countries largest post.
Good looking out though, S&F for trying bud

Ya sure. Everyone relax. Arnie says all is well so chill out. Forsake your survival instincts that have been honed by millions of years of evolution. Why think for yourself when Arnie is here to do it all for us? Sheesh, you people act like you are as intelligent as he is. Can't you see by his avatar that he spends hours of his time learning about these things in the top secret war simulators like HALO and Battlefield. I'm selling all my preps now. Arnie for president. ::Sigh::

--
lol, that's good, pretty good

Look, its okay to be scared, that is a normal human reaction I don't blame you for that.
But their were threads like this 10 years ago, 5 years ago, NOW and then next year, a few years beyond that and 10 years later when we are still on ATS, I get it.
So your prepped, okay now what? just wait? or try an do something about it...I'm guessing your not the doer, but a hider, again, there is no shame in that, hide till the world collapses and laugh at that user "Arnie" about how you told HIM so, lol.
I'm no smarter then the average joe, I just go about my business as everybody else does, you my paranoid friend should learn from that....but you already knew that...from millions of years of HONED SURVIVAL SKILLZZ!!
President huh? No thanks
I prefer to have a full head of hair.
What is wrong with my Avatar? I like masterchief, one of my favorite video games, are you against people playing video games? What of it? Oh!! okkkkk....I get it, because I have a videogame avatar I MUST PLAY VIDEO GAMES 24/7!! lol. Sure. whatever you say buddy.
The previous poster is right though, if your a "Prepper", then your a potential target for raiders after the "Collapse", But Ill protect you, after all, in your eyes, I'm a super smart president videogamer of simulated wars of death!!!
lol, get real, wake up and chill out, get out of mom an pops basement and get some light an fresh air for once, their are other human beings after all.
--
If the So called collapse does come, will I guess that leaves the other 90 percent of our population SOL, including me, so either way, its anybody's guess as to what happens, in the meantime, just...Live.

Ease up on the trigger finger bro. I play video games too. I just disagree with you. Last I heard that was acceptable in the US, but only for the time being. Looks like dissent is being squashed at all costs these days. I'm just trying to give folks honest and valuable advice. I want people to live. I am genuinely concerned for my fellow man. I have no interest in a war of opinion. In my mind, the worst thing that happens if you prep an nothing happens is you have some extra food, you got some exercise and learned a few old school survival skills. These are useful in many situations. If you spend all your time chillin' out, relaxin' and relying on the fact that nothing bad has happened to you this far in life as you recommend, you might be caught unaware if it does. Look at Katrina, the earthquake in Haiti, Indonesian Tsunami and (Insert Disaster Here) now ask yourself if it would have been better to have some food, water, protection and oh say a plan? To me the answer is plain and simple, but I understand you may have a different opinion and that is OK. Its your right. And I'd fight and die for you to have that right. Just be responsible when you post it, because someone might listen to you and they will be out in the cold right alongside you competing for the same resources if something does happen.

As to your other point, nobody should know you prep. Especially people who are in close proximity to you. Friends will become enemies when their children are hungry. They will come to where they know there is food. There's a military concept called OPSEC or Operational Security and you need to employ that if you prep. I have excellent reading materials on the subject for those interested and I will share because I want you all to live. But a couple of tips for those with shorter attention spans.

1. Never advertise that you prep
  2. Clean clothes will get you killed in a survival situation. Why are you clean when everyone else is dirty.
  3. The sound of a radio or television or the light from a bulb will carry an amazingly long distance in teh dark silence of the post-whatever survival situation
  4. Likewise for food; the smell will carry much farther than you think if you are cooking well seasoned foods outdoors. Keep it simple and don't ring the dinner bell for every hungry soul in your area.
  5. Try to appear as hungry and destitute as those around you or you will give yourself away. A fat guy won't look out of place in the first few weeks, but after two months folks will begin to wonder why you are so well fed.
  6. The list goes on, but use your mind. Think for yourself and trust nobody.

Anyhow, no harm meant bro, just having a little fun and pointing out what I consider to be dangerous advice. Its wasn't personal. I'm just here on this site to help if I can and learn things I don't know. Good luck bro.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

This reply was actually meant for Combat Master, but I replied to Arnie accidentally.

Who knows when it will happen, but look at the post from Darkbake basically saying that her parent's broker told them to sell and go to cash. Only the most honest brokers would ever issue that advice unless things were dire and they were concerned for the clients who lined their pockets over the years. Not saying brokers are bad, they have to make a living too, but understand that the broker only makes money on your transactions, for him to tell you not to transact is like cutting his own throat. He gets no more of your money. Armed with that knowledge, ask yourself why the broker no longer desires to make money?

I'll be the first to admit I don't know $h!t from shinola about TPTB or Comet ISON or most of the conspiracy stuff on this site. I especially have no powers of seeing the future, if I did I'd be retired already. My areas of expertise are technology first with a minor in finance. But, I will say that I am seeing events speeding up which lead me to believe its coming sooner rather than later. I don't think the markets can continue the lie for much longer. China is about done buying our junk bonds, so now our own government buys our bonds and Obama just created MyRA's which are basically Personal Retirement Accounts that will buy our junk bonds and keep the fantasy in play a bit longer. (None of this is legal mind you. Buying your own bonds is akin to Kanye West buying his own records and saying look at me I sold a million albums! And the President creating financial vehicles makes no sense whatsoever. Now he's financier as well? Please.)

Mesh all that with whats going on in Ukraine, the major Chinese bank that is scheduled to default tomorrow, HSBC (2nd largest bank in the world) telling customers they need to show a financial need to access their own money, Matt Drudge tweeting "Have an exit plan" and add whatever other stories you want into the mix and it paints a bleak picture. It could all go down today, next month, next year? Who knows how long they can keep the charade going? When it happens isn't as important as you being ready for it. So prepare like tonight is your last night in your comfortable home and every extra day you get will be a blessing. Good luck bro.
edit on 139120400701bFri, 31 Jan 2014 15:33:27 -0600America/ChicagoFridayFridaypm C by Fearthedarkforiaminit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

darkbake

combatmaster

Fearthedarkforiaminit

combatmaster

People put ALL of their money behind three feet of concrete and steel...and they are the only ones without a key. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

So what is the alternative? In todays world is it even possible to invest securely?

All investments are risks. Any time your money is not in your possession its a risk. But, if you have to invest, a DOW Contra ETF might make you a tidy sum. Would have cleaned up last week when the DOW dropped 300 points. That is just the beginning too. When this thing pops the markets will be in freefall. On paper you will be rich or at least a good bit richer depending ion the size of your investment. Problem is that paper money will be worthless not to mention that you probably won't be able to collect it. If you really want to invest, then invest in you. Your skills, tools and supplies will be the best thing you can invest in. From your name I'm guessing you have the defense thing taken care of, but food, water, shelter and energy will be just as important.

Well well.....

I must say, what an informative reply..... if only there were more ATSers like you.

Interesting... yes, that is correct - whoever posted this advice - the part about what to invest in is super smart. I'm not sure what to say about the DOW Contra ETF, I have no idea what that is, but it makes the poster sound knowledgeable.

Just FYI a DOW CONTRA ETF is an investment vehicle that basically bets that the DOW will drop. An ETF is like a mutual fund and bets on a mixture of stocks. A DOW ETF bets on the stocks in the DOW. And Contra just means reverse or Contrary, meaning you will be betting it will lose as opposed to gain. There ton of ETF's out there that allow you bet long (Stocks will rise) or short. (Stocks will fall.)

In my opinion if I was in the market right now I'd be long in commodities and short on stocks. Thats not financial advice, thats just me saying what I'd do. I'm out and unless the world changes direction and unicorns appear and start crapping gold, I'll probably never be back in. Just my opinion. Do as you will with your money. Just make sure you have what you need to survive. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I just double checked the market history, and you're right, it is the highest it has ever been... and the economy (as far as I can tell) is total crap right now. Everyone I know is the poorest they've ever been right now, I would not have expected such a high market. Scary.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

samara11278

I just double checked the market history, and you're right, it is the highest it has ever been... and the economy (as far as I can tell) is total crap right now. Everyone I know is the poorest they've ever been right now, I would not have expected such a high market. Scary.

Thats the spirit! Fact check and think for yourself! Ask yourself why are things the way they are. If we all don't start asking the hard questions, we will all be lost to whatever fate awaits us. Don't just take people's words at face value that can get you killed. I wish you well. Good luck.

Edit to add: There's a good thread regarding Gerald Celente's latest statement going over here. Double check him too. You will be surprised how often he is right.
edit on 139120390301bFri, 31 Jan 2014 15:31:43 -0600America/ChicagoFridayFridaypm C by Fearthedarkforiaminit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
...and that is why I never touched Bitcoin. It's only a matter of time Bitcoin holders and users will be accused of money laundering and or aiding / funding terrorism.

It doesn't matter anyway...

Money is just paper, precious metals are just rocks, Bitcoins are just ones and zeros.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The money never existed in the first place. Create a problem, people panic, then come up with a solution for the problem.

Brilliant!

The only thing that is truly worth anything is people's sweat equity.

Don't believe me watch "The Creature from Jekyll Island" Edward G. Griffin on youtube.

And for the record, the financial system is not going to collapse, because the majority of the people worldwide believe in everything except themselves.

edit on 31-1-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

As an Australian I can tell you here and now that this is happening. I recently had to pay a $4000 bill, but when I went to my financial institute, I was told I could only withdraw a maximum of $2000 cash in one day. I was also asked what I needed the money for. This money that I wanted was MY own savings and MY money. It was just sitting in their bank. Yet they act as if it is now their money and I have to justify whether I'm worthy or not of withdrawing my own money.

This is just further proof that all the money that people have in a certain bank isn't actually all there, and if everyone that had money in that bank then decided to all take out their savings, it would expose the banking fraud to even the most gullible of bankers. If the banks had the money that people have in their saving accounts, then there wouldn't be a need to put a limit on withdrawals from saving accounts. The system that they do this under is obviously a lot more in depth and [deliberately] complicated than I have just explained, but when you have a banking system that can approve a personal loan of $20,000 in under 24 hours, but take up to 5 days to clear a $50 personal or even Government cheque, then you know the whole system is corrupted in their favour.

Here in Australia it is also quite common to be fined under the title of an "early exit fee" if you are in a position to pay off a loan earlier than agreed to. I know a legal agreement is made, but since when should someone be fined and punished for being able to pay off a debt earlier than agreed too, later yes, but earlier ? I always had the belief that paying off a loan early was a good thing, but according to the banks its a breach of contract and therefore punishable by fine. So, miss one payment, they come after you and hit you with "late fees" and "interest", but pay off your loan earlier than agreed to and you get hit with an "early exit fee". But if you play the game their way and pay it on time every week until the loan is paid off, you now get hit with "admin fees" every month of the loan. Go into the bank to make a payment, you get hit with a "service fee". Withdraw money from the ATM and you pay a $2 "ATM fee", even if its just to check your account balance and not actually make a withdrawal.

I know some people might say that internet banking is an alternative to some of the things I mentioned, but that is just another tool being used to slowly condition people into accepting a cashless society. And if you think the banking system has us under control now, what do you think it will be like under a cashless society where they have full control over us ?

edit on 31-1-2014 by DarksideOz because: Spelling mistake !

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

combatmaster

I know this question wasn't asked to me, but if I can throw in my 2 cents......................
I truly no longer believe that everything will blow up in a SHTF scenario. I believe that TPTB have acknowledged that enough people have woken up to their game, and have now simply just changed the rules of the game to still achieve the same results in the long run, but appear less obvious in the short term.

What if, flicking small pieces of "S" at the fan at selective times, so it wasn't noticeable, still achieved the same long term goal of total control ? No need for an all out SHTF scenario which would put all the focus on the top end after it happened. Just flick enough smaller pieces at the right time, added with the patience to see out the plan, and you get the exact same outcome but without the heavy focus on them at the end. We will actually be blamed for contributing to, and collapsing any system they created.

And even if the "S" did hit the fan, you can be guaranteed that they will have a newer, better fan ready to replace the older one. And that newer fan will bring them even more power and even more control.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

skuly
reply to post by jude11

Jude you remember the thread about two banker suicides.
Well now there three in the space of a week and hes a former Fed economist.

This bit interesting.

He published dozens of research papers over the past two decades, many on monetary policy, according to the St. Louis Fed’s website, which ranks him among the top 5 percent of economists by number of works published. His most-cited work was a 1997 paper titled “Strengthening the case for the yield curve as a predictor of U.S. recessions,” published by the reserve bank while he was a researcher there.
Bloomberg
I really don't like this, there nothing much in the story saying why he would kill himself other
than problems at work and the police seem happy with that.

The man was wealthy and looking at his history could get a job somewhere else easily so
why kill yourself ?

edit on 31/1/2014 by skuly because: if i proof read first i wont need to keep filling in this box

I looked at the LinkedIn page of Russell Investments. They are a pro-Obama, MyRA retirements/investments savings and pro-offshoring to China company.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join