It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of the Union 2014 -- Addressing the Propaganda: "Climate Change"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

OMG nothing changes lol

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Republicans aren't going to accept responsibility for Climate Change. They have no concept of the past. They don't even think the economy was in trouble until Obama took office. And now they're expected to look at data that goes way back beyond the current administration? Can't be done.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

nixie_nox

The Earth doesn't lie.

But the scientists do. Especially ones that are funded by grant money
that is actually with tax dollars...

And that is one of the biggest problems
in understanding real climate change patterns.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

neo96

Yeah it is especially since some people get their talking points from whatever the current administration says.

Then just regurgitate what ever it says.

LOL! The whole "you are an obamabot" thing was played out 5 years ago. It is a form of projection because no one is more dedicated at respewing whatever their parties tell them than conservatives.

I have been studying the environment since the Regean administration.

Still distracting from the fact that you are out of arguments I see.

A skeptic questions popular belief, but to be outright devoted to a subject where no amount of education sways you from your opinion, it is not skepticism, it is fanaticism. An extreme form of disconfirmation bias, or spending unreasonable amount of energy or emotion into disproving information that we find do not gel to our views.

You are not seeking truth. You are not here to deny ignorance. You just want to be angry.

edit on 31-1-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You are right earth doesn't lie, but what you don't see is the deceiving tactics use by the profiteers of weather change, they are barking off the wrong issue, is not warming what is coming, is another ice age or if lucky a mini one, but see is more money to be made on scaremongering of the people that they are going fry with the heat that with cold weather, see earth has been more in cold weather than warm.

Actually life thrive in warmer weather but it tends to die under colder weather, earth has been warmed that is right now with humans already populating earth, but hell don't tell that to Obama and the profiteers because we are all misinformed.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

LOL! The whole "you are an obamabot" thing was played out 5 years ago. I

Nope in case some people never watched the following video.

I have not heard one original thought in this thread thus far in the promotion of a 40 year old agenda.

It is a form of projection because no one is more dedicated at respewing whatever their parties tell them than conservatives.

Yeah the proponents of global warming do need to stop projecting their irrational hatred of corporations on to everyone living here.

I have been studying the environment since the Regean administration.

And ?

Still distracting from the fact that you are out of arguments I see.

Hardly.

A skeptic questions popular belief, but to be outright devoted to a subject where no amount of education sways you from your opinion, it is not skepticism, it is fanaticism.

Yep the proponent's of global warming are clearly fanatical.

An extreme form of disconfirmation bias, or spending unreasonable amount of energy or emotion into disproving information that we find do not gel to our views.

Yeah that anti-corporate bias is showing in this thread.

You are not seeking truth. You are not here to deny ignorance. You just want to be angry.

I have noticed that the proponent's of global warming wouldn't know truth it if came up and bit them in their rears.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Once again we see the true face of the modern day brand (or should that be Rand) of GOP/Tea Party/Libertarianism.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."

Not gonna accept the Science behind climate change. Gonna blame Liberals.

Don't wanna pay for the roads I use. Liberals can.

Don't wanna pay for the schools I use. Liberals can.

Don't wanna pay for the Health Care I need. Liberals can.

I wanna fly my Chinese made American flag while cooking Horse Meat Hot Dogs on my Chinese made grill on 4th July. Because that is what a TRULY Free Market means. And those dogs I bought. They were checked out at The Walmart by a 53 year old woman supplementing her income on Food Stamps. But I don't wanna pay for food stamps. Liberals can.

Don't want the Gubment telling me what to do. So gonna run the Red Light. But, not paid for Health Insurance. So who is gonna pay the Hospital bill? .......Liberals can.

Well. Liberals are sick of having to clean up your mess.

It is time you took some RESPONSIBILITY.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah. Obviously there's climate change. Is it fixable? Maybe. Is it going to get fixed? Likely not, don't hold your breath on it. Is it too late to fix it? I'm thinking a resounding yes.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

spiritualzombie
Republicans aren't going to accept responsibility for Climate Change. They have no concept of the past. They don't even think the economy was in trouble until Obama took office. And now they're expected to look at data that goes way back beyond the current administration? Can't be done.

Actually some Republicans did warn about the economy. But guess who didn't want to believe?

Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown

Perhaps this "former" global warming is simple natural "climate change" ?

I don't trust the paid scientists.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't trust the paid scientists.

I suppose then, that would mean you don't trust scientists at all. I'm not sure there are any who work for nothing.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Is it too late to fix it? I'm thinking a resounding yes.
The science supports your thinking for the short term outlook. Not much short of completely stopping the human production of CO2 will have much effect on the next 50 to 75 years. Obviously that won't (can't) happen.

For the longer term though, reductions starting now can have a positive influence. Delaying the really unpleasant stuff, if nothing else.
edit on 1/31/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, to some extent we can moderately postpone more of the bad stuff from happening by changing our ways.
But how long have activists etc. been trying to do just this and it has not made too large of an impact. We can all help a little individually. It would take a global effort to show any meaningful results, which is what I wouldn't hold my breath on. I don't think we're ready, globally, to give that much of a crap yet, since there's money involved - especially, since there's money involved.
edit on 1/31/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

I tend to agree. It just doesn't seem to be human nature to do anything really "hard" unless it becomes absolutely necessary. In this case, that's way too late.

I think we're going to have to end up adapting to the climate (as we always have, as a species). Whether the costs of that adaptation, both monetary and societal, will be less than those involved with reducing carbon emissions...who knows? Do we want to just pass the costs, whatever they are, down the line? History seems to indicate that's the case.

Of course, a changing climate is not the only concern about increasing CO2 levels. The consequences of ocean acidification could be pretty grim.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have to say I admire and applaude your spirit Neo, and since there is no option to give applause here, (that option only comes from above) I did the other thing and gave you a star, wtf is it blue or green I forget..mmmn what was the silver and gold ones for in Kindergarten? I forget.

I looked at Obama's speech, and I find it disappointingly political rhetoric. Here's the rhetoric,

One of the reasons why is natural gas – if extracted safely, it’s the bridge fuel that can power our economy with less of the carbon pollution that causes climate change. Businesses plan to invest almost $100 billion in new factories that use natural gas. I’ll cut red tape to help states get those factories built, and this Congress can help by putting people to work building fueling stations that shift more cars and trucks from foreign oil to American natural gas. My administration will keep working with the industry to sustain production and job growth while strengthening protection of our air, our water, and our communities. And while we’re at it, I’ll use my authority to protect more of our pristine federal lands for future generations.

It’s not just oil and natural gas production that’s booming; we’re becoming a global leader in solar, too. Every four minutes, another American home or business goes solar; every panel pounded into place by a worker whose job can’t be outsourced. Let’s continue that progress with a smarter tax policy that stops giving $4 billion a year to fossil fuel industries that don’t need it, so that we can invest more in fuels of the future that do.

And even as we’ve increased energy production, we’ve partnered with businesses, builders, and local communities to reduce the energy we consume. When we rescued our automakers, for example, we worked with them to set higher fuel efficiency standards for our cars. In the coming months, I’ll build on that success by setting new standards for our trucks, so we can keep driving down oil imports and what we pay at the pump.

Taken together, our energy policy is creating jobs and leading to a cleaner, safer planet. Over the past eight years, the United States has reduced our total carbon pollution more than any other nation on Earth. But we have to act with more urgency – because a changing climate is already harming western communities struggling with drought, and coastal cities dealing with floods. That’s why I directed my administration to work with states, utilities, and others to set new standards on the amount of carbon pollution our power plants are allowed to dump into the air. The shift to a cleaner energy economy won’t happen overnight, and it will require tough choices along the way. But the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact. And when our children’s children look us in the eye and ask if we did all we could to leave them a safer, more stable world, with new sources of energy, I want us to be able to say yes, we did.

Thing is, in that speech there is a need to extrapolate just about every word, or phrase to make some sense, or no sense equally.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Um, yah. Taxes are taxes my friend.
Ask Al Bore about this Inconvenient Truth sometime.
Uncle Sam may not be Participating. but they will get their cut some how.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

nixie_nox

ownbestenemy
At his state of the union address, the President of the United States stated that "...the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact."

To address this issue, we need first examine what the President was getting at. Was he expressing the notion of "global warming" (which has morphed into the climate change) and saying that it is a fact or was he stating the known of the Earth, that climate does change?

My guess is that he is advocating for the first, that we humans are effecting the climate adversely. If that is so, the evidence is scant to none in this argument. No one scientist can point to any data that can prove that human activity is driving climate in one direction or another. There are models, there are theories, but there is not concrete evidence that Man has diverted the course of the Earth and its natural system in regards to the weather.

I challenge ATS to show otherwise....
edit on 30-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: Grammar edits...

All the proof in the world is out there. But this is a typical argument of a skeptic, that never becomes more educated or well rounded, never advancing, it is always the same, tired, worn out arguments.

It is the sun
Al gore
the Antarctic has more ice
the IPCC is wrong
scientists are paid off
its the natural cycle
Al Gore
the earth is cooling
hasn't warmed in 15 years
they predicted an ice age in the 70s
Al Gore

You will see these same arguments on every discussion about GW. All of which have been thoroughly debunked for years.

Last but not least "there is not enough evidence. "

Data supporting GW has come from every branch of science, from thousands of scientists around the world, from almost 200 countries.

Which is why deniers have to resort to blogs written by 13 year olds or total nut jobs to try to find any proof that supports their viewpoint.

Because, the evidence of work from thousands of scientists isn't proof, but some crackpot blog that you had to really search for, is.

Of course there isn't evidence to support GW if the only place you are looking for proof is the crumbs that are under your mouse pad.

Yawn. I have always maintained that Climate Change is real.
AGW is just fiction.
Look to the rest of the Solar System, where all the planets are heating up now.
I guess you believe that our carbon emissions are heating up the skies of Neptune.
It's a solar cycle, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Really. Think about that for just a second. Neptune receives a miniscule amount of radiation from the Sun. The Earth receives thousands of times more. Do you really think that if the Sun were warming enough to raise the temperature on Neptune at all, it would only raise the temperature on Earth only a few tenths of a degree.

A year on Neptune lasts 165 years. The seasons on Neptune don't run on the same schedule that they do on Earth.

But aside from that, perhaps you could provide some actual data which shows that solar radiation has increased significantly in the past 100 years.

www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Whether the government profits off something should not be basis to deny reality.
They profit off sales, do the things we buy not exist?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

You are a Very Misguided Individual to Actually Believe the Dribble you are Peddling here about the Fiction of Man Made Global Warming/Climate Change/ Earth destroying Humans/Lovers of Human Biological Life . Carbon Taxes will do Absolutely Nothing in Fighting Against Pollution Man Made or Otherwise . Just one Eruption from a Volcano Releases More Harmful Gases into our Athmosphere than the last 200 Years of the Human Industrial Revolution . The Climate Change debate is all about M-O-N-E-Y , Greed by those who are obscessed with the Power of Control over others , those who think that way should be in Prison or in the Ground .

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Cynic

Really. Think about that for just a second. Neptune receives a miniscule amount of radiation from the Sun. The Earth receives thousands of times more. Do you really think that if the Sun were warming enough to raise the temperature on Neptune at all, it would only raise the temperature on Earth only a few tenths of a degree.

A year on Neptune lasts 165 years. The seasons on Neptune don't run on the same schedule that they do on Earth.

But aside from that, perhaps you could provide some actual data which shows that solar radiation has increased significantly in the past 100 years.

www.skepticalscience.com...

Ok Phage, I see your point.
Perhaps Al Gore and his and his folloers would care to check even further back in time to the place when Earth was a couple of degrees warmer with little if any ice on the planet. Did we cause that too? Or did Dinosaur farts cause the problem?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join