It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of the Union 2014 -- Addressing the Propaganda: "Climate Change"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
At his state of the union address, the President of the United States stated that "...the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact."

To address this issue, we need first examine what the President was getting at. Was he expressing the notion of "global warming" (which has morphed into the climate change) and saying that it is a fact or was he stating the known of the Earth, that climate does change?

My guess is that he is advocating for the first, that we humans are effecting the climate adversely. If that is so, the evidence is scant to none in this argument. No one scientist can point to any data that can prove that human activity is driving climate in one direction or another. There are models, there are theories, but there is not concrete evidence that Man has diverted the course of the Earth and its natural system in regards to the weather.

I challenge ATS to show otherwise....
edit on 30-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: Grammar edits...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wish I could get an answer to this for some odd reason all the proponents of global warming will never give me an answer.

So how do more laws in one country out of over 270 'save the planet' ?

Global warming has been hijacked by politics because it gives them another means of control.

And propaganda is abound on how to 'justify' that totalitarianism.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just buy carbon offsets and you'll save the environment Neo... It's just that easy...

/end sarcasm

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

SloAnPainful
reply to post by neo96

Just buy carbon offsets and you'll save the environment Neo... It's just that easy...

/end sarcasm

-SAP-

See most excellent point carbon credits.

Is pollution redistribution just buy 'tons' for the pun of carbon credits, and keep polluting.

Meanwhile the US has them most awesome 'green laws' that has killed job and wealth creation countries like China are becoming greater polluters.

And yeah certain people will make billions off them carbon credits creating another bubble that has the potential to burst thus creating the next 'bailout' scenario.
edit on 30-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

To be honest, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet...

The term "Going Green" seems like it only applies to dollars.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

There are models, there are theories, but there is not concrete evidence that Man has diverted the course of the Earth and its natural system in regards to the weather.

What sort of "concrete evidence" do you expect to see to indicate that the warming trend we are seeing is caused by human influences?

When you start eliminating other influences which could cause it (i.e.the sun hasn't gotten significantly hotter in the past century but temperatures have risen) and when you see that the trend does coincide with models based on CO2 increases, and CO2 levels have steadily increased, what do you have left? Do you just chalk it up to, "well, it must be something else because it sure can't be because of us." Ok.

No, it's not certain that warming is being caused by us. Only a 95% chance.

edit on 1/30/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Just buy carbon offsets and you'll save the environment

You can't do that. There is no such thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I disagree I think there's a 100% it's all the hot air coming from the global warming crowd.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Just buy carbon offsets and you'll save the environment

You can't do that. There is no such thing.

There is no such thing as carbon credits ?

A carbon credit is a generic term for any tradable certificate or permit representing the right to emit one tonne of carbon dioxide or the mass of another greenhouse gas with a carbon dioxide equivalent (tCO2e) equivalent to one tonne of carbon dioxide.[1][2

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Last I heard the Kyoto protocol is not in effect in the US.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I disagree I think there's a 100% it's all the hot air coming from the global warming crowd.

What a surprise. I disagree with you.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by neo96

What a surprise. I disagree with you.

Oh well then so then maybe you can answer my question.

How does the creation of green laws in this country that destroys jobs, and wealth in this country, and transfers them to other countries around the world, that don't have them green laws save the planet ?

How do laws in 1 country out of hundreds prevent or stop the Earth from doing what it has continually been doing for the past 5 billion years ?

That has survived meteors,ice ages, comets,super volcano's, and everything else the universe has thrown at it ?

Does man think himself so arrogant that he even has a modicum of the power of mother nature ?

Politicians think they do.

Politicians have created the most asinine laws the people have ever seen.

To controlling the air we breath, the water we drink to where people can or can't take a whiz.

I am all ears.

I want to know how the massive regulation totalitarian state will save me.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Are you honestly unaware of how many lies are in your posts on this thread?

I'm appalled.

It disgusts me to witness such degree of ignorance.

For shame!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

webedoomed
reply to post by neo96

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Are you honestly unaware of how many lies are in your posts on this thread?

I'm appalled.

It disgusts me to witness such degree of ignorance.

For shame!

What lies ?

Quote them please.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How does the creation of green laws in this country that destroys jobs, and wealth in this country, and transfers them to other countries around the world, that don't have them green laws save the planet ?
I don't know.

How do laws in 1 countries out of hundreds stop,prevent or stop the Earth from doing what it has continually been doing for the past 5 billion years ?
I don't suppose they would.

That has survived meteors,ice ages, comets,super volcanos, and everything else the universe has thrown at it ?
Yeah, well. The Earth has survived but living things have had their ups and downs. I haven't heard any claims that global warming, human caused or otherwise will destroy the Earth. Just that it will really screw up our kid's lives.

Does man think himself so arrogant that he even has a modicum of the power of mother nature ?
Managed to screw it up pretty well, what with dams, factories, nuclear power plant and suchlike.

I would agree with that.

To controlling the air we breath, the water we drink to where people can or can't take a whiz.
Don't whiz in my water.

You won't die. Things will get very unpleasant, depending on how old you are. If you have kids they will have real problems. But it's pretty much too late, the damage is done for the near term (75 years or so). It's the long term that any changes we make now will benefit. But it ain't gonna happen so why bother. Right?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Managed to screw it up pretty well, what with dams, factories, nuclear power plant and suchlike.

Mankind aint got nothing on mother nature.

Hell between tornados,tsumanis,monsoons,hurricanes,earthquakes etc.

That all has screwed up peoples lives, oh and that was ALL before the great epiphany mankind was lame.

You won't die. Things will get very unpleasant, depending on how old you are. If you have kids they will have real problems. But it's pretty much too late, the damage is done for the near term (75 years or so). It's the long term that any changes we make now will benefit. But it ain't gonna happen so why bother. Right?

Yep the earth was here before mankind, and it will be here long after mankind has gone the way of the dodo.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Before I begin to call out your numerous lies, I think it's best to give people (I recommend you take the time yourself) to realize the many faces of a lie:

Lie

neo96
I wish I could get an answer to this for some odd reason all the proponents of global warming will never give me an answer.

So how do more laws in one country out of over 270 'save the planet' ?

This is a lie. There is no one country which is attempting to take on AGW.

Global warming has been hijacked by politics because it gives them another means of control.

And propaganda is abound on how to 'justify' that totalitarianism.

This is a lie. You are choosing to see control, when it's mere regulation.

Are you aware what totalitarianism means? If so, you're lying yet again.

Totalitarianism

neo96

See most excellent point carbon credits.

Is pollution redistribution just buy 'tons' for the pun of carbon credits, and keep polluting.

Carbon credits work to disincentivize corporations from polluting in excess of what's necessary. The way you have stated is a lie.

Meanwhile the US has them most awesome 'green laws' that has killed job and wealth creation countries like China are becoming greater polluters.

You have chosen to lie by omission. Jobs are created by these "green laws", and all of the green sectors which have sprung up.

And yeah certain people will make billions off them carbon credits creating another bubble that has the potential to burst thus creating the next 'bailout' scenario.

There will always be people who look to exploit the system. This in no way disounts the benefit of the system. Your statement is a copout.

neo96

How do laws in 1 country out of hundreds prevent or stop the Earth from doing what it has continually been doing for the past 5 billion years ?

Why do you think it's just this one country which is debating policies relating to climate change? You're lying here.

That has survived meteors,ice ages, comets,super volcano's, and everything else the universe has thrown at it ?

This in no way relates to the topic at hand. There are things which are in our control, and things which are not. You are choosing to falsely relate knowns which are out of our control, with knowns that can be controlled to an extent.

In the context of changing the temperature of the earth by pollution from industry, yes, we know this to be a fact. There is no arrogance in admitting facts for the sake of keeping to the truth.

Politicians think they do.

This is a lie. If the politicians agreed on the issue of climate change, we wouldn't be having this discussion. There would be action, and your ignorance would be of no consequence.

Contextual lie.

Do you think our air or water shouldn't be regulated to certain standards? That's bizarre.

The last lie I'm going to call out. There is no totalitarian state. If we were totalitarian, you wouldn't be able to speak as you do.
edit on 30-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Phage
What sort of "concrete evidence" do you expect to see to indicate that the warming trend we are seeing is caused by human influences?

Welcome Phage. I asked honestly to his statement is all. I also make it evident that I do come from a biased point of view contrary to that of the President's.

What warming trend are you speaking of though? Has such warming trend ever been experienced in the vast history of the planet? If so, what caused it? If not, why not?

Latest studies are showing that the warming trend isn't anything beyond normal and treating them such as abnormal is putting the cart before the horse so to speak. That is the way I have read the reports.

When you start eliminating other influences which could cause it (i.e.the sun hasn't gotten significantly hotter in the past century but temperatures have risen) and when you see that the trend does coincide with models based on CO2 increases, and CO2 levels have steadily increased, what do you have left? Do you just chalk it up to, "well, it must be something else because it sure can't be because of us." Ok.

Take for instance, MIT scientist, Richard Lindzen doesn't think the current models of prediction give an accurate picture; nor do other scientist. On the other hand, there are those who do say the current models are proving their point. Where are we really at? Would you say that is a fact as the president declared? I would call that anything but and we are at a point where we are examining the vast amount of data that we have never really collected, to help determine if we are truly affecting the climate on a global scale.

To proclaim fact and that the debate is over is a bit premature don't you think?

Which is just as accurate as the president claiming it is a "fact" and that the "debate is over"....

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

This is a lie. There is no one country which is attempting to take on global warming.

Didn't listen to what the potus said then.

This is a lie. You are choosing to see control, when it's mere regulation.

Regulation is control and anyone trying to say it's not is the one 'lying'.

Are you aware what totalitarianism means? If so, you're lying yet again.

Yeah total control over peoples actions is totalitarianism which is what the Potus is all about, and climate change is all about.

That is not lying that is stating a fact.

Carbon credits work to disincentivize corporations from polluting in excess of what's necessary. The way you have stated is a lie

Right!

Just pay no attention to this:

www.scientificamerican.com...

wattsupwiththat.com...

www.theguardian.com...

You have chosen to lie by omission. Jobs are created by these "green laws", and all of the green sectors which have sprung up

Is that so ?

dailycaller.com...

money.cnn.com...

There will always ben people who look to exploit the system. This in no way disounts the benefit of the system. Your statement is a copout.

Nope see earlier comments provided with extra reading material.

Why do you think it's just this one country which is debating policies relating to climate change? You're lying here.

Wasn't aware American law extends to every country on the planet.

This in no way relates to the topic at hand. There are things which are in our control, and things which are not. You are choosing to falsely relate knowns which are out of our control, with knowns that can be controlled to an extent.

Sure it does we are talking about 'climate change' and the simple fact the Earth is not in our control, and never has been,

The only thing the global warming crowd is all about is controlling people.

In the context of changing the temperature of the earth by pollution from industry, yes, we know this to be a fact. There is no arrogance in admitting facts for the sake of keeping to the truth.

The context is the earth climate changes there is nothing anyone can do to stop it.

This is a lie. If the politicians agreed on the issue of climate change, we wouldn't be having this discussion. There would be action, and your ignorance would be of no consequence.

No lie there haven't seen a politician yet who doesn't think themselves to be god.

Contextual lie.

Politicans don't write asinine laws ?

WHAT ?

Do you think our air or water shouldn't be regulated to certain standards? That's bizarre.

Lemme think on this.

Do I think the air, and the water should be controlled by a group of people who drop nuclear bombs, and du rounds, and have done nuclear testing all over the globe control the planet ?

Nope don't think so.

The last lie I'm going to call out. There is no totalitarian state. If we were totalitarian, you wouldn't be able to speak as you do

LOL there is no totalitarian state! ! !

Oh wow.

(post by webedoomed removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join