It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Agreed. This country is so divided, the GOP has to run a moderate like Christie, instead of someone in the TEA Party fringe. Unfortunately for Christie, who IMHO has the only legitimate chance of beating Hillary, the GOP won't back him because he shook hands with Obama after Sandy. He was just playing smart politics as to make nice for fed assistance for storm cleanup funding. He said after that he still supported Romney. But he was never forgiven for that as can be seen as the non-support of the GOP in the current Bridge-gate scandal, which the fed investigation will show he had no prior knowledge of.

edit on 31-1-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

neo96

macman
reply to post by neo96

Where is the Vomit emoticon?

And the GOP just gets worse and worse with their decision making skills.

Hey GOP. keeping pushing RHINOs and Progressive Republicans and just except you will be on the loosing side of things forever.

Yeah the Republicans should just change their names to Democrat Lite.

They should have changed their names back when that failure Reagan took office and sold the nation to Wall Street.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Not a chance. He's lost twice. A third run would be ignorant and a waste of time and $$ for him. He's not stupid. He knows that. The GOP frontrunner is still Chris Christie. It's two and a half years until elections. Americans have a short memory and the news cycle will have changed over many times between now and then. He is the pick of the elite .. unless he does something to tick them off and then they'll go with Hillary. (which wouldn't be much of a difference - corruption wise).

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Not a chance. He's lost twice. A third run would be ignorant and a waste of time and $$ for him. He's not stupid. He knows that. The GOP frontrunner is still Chris Christie. It's two and a half years until elections. Americans have a short memory and the news cycle will have changed over many times between now and then. He is the pick of the elite .. unless he does something to tick them off and then they'll go with Hillary. (which wouldn't be much of a difference - corruption wise).

I'm inclined to agree with this.If investigations fail to link Christie conclusively to any of these scandals then Hilary is going to have a hard time insinuating that he is dirty when her name has been linked to far more dirt over the years than his has. ButChristie still has to win the GOP nomination and he has a lot of fence mending to do there.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Good point! lol It was bad last election but...I can see Hillary vs Romney as being even worse. It will be wall to wall Benghazi for one thing and more Women in Binders. arg.
edit on 31-1-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Awww, not this twerp again.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If they a smart they will put Marco Rubio up as a candidate, but I think they would treat him like old Herman. Well Herman was kind of ....err...to human. I would crack up every time he said 999 I felt like I was watching a pizza commercial. I liked him though a hell of a lot more than Romney or Obama. Out of all the candidates last election the one I believe would have done the best job was Jon Huntsman. He was right of the middle but not so far right that he sounded like a nut case.

I am not counting 3rd party the country just wasn't ready for it and honestly I don't think they will be for the next one.

I am an independent but plan to register republican so I can have a say in the primaries this time not that I think it will matter much after seeing how they screwed with their own rules and made it to where if we had another Reagan type the wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell.

I just really do not like Hilary, but not so much that I would settle for another Romney or Bush. Just thinking about the politicians today makes me kind of depressed we are doomed either way I am afraid.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

azdaze
I'm inclined to agree with this.If investigations fail to link Christie conclusively to any of these scandals then Hilary is going to have a hard time insinuating that he is dirty when her name has been linked to far more dirt over the years than his has. ButChristie still has to win the GOP nomination and he has a lot of fence mending to do there.

This just also turned up. It's been alleged that Christie knew all about the bridge closure plan. If true - stupid.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

It's simple really idiots are preferable so your handlers can operate them. Not al ALL like those crazy self responsable TEA party types.You just can't get away with a darn thing with THOSE boy scouts around.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

HERE ,HERE!
Then where will the race baiters have to run? Also I want some in office who has successfully reached the TOP of his field THERE is MY better. I wouldn't let trash that is currently in power borrow my car.

All of this is MOOT unless we can secure the vote.
edit on 31-1-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: misspelled

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Christie, Romney... neither matters. No early front runners (or even halftime front runners) can ever maintain momentum until campaign season really picks up. Until about October 2015, you can essentially translate everyone in consideration to actually mean "this person won't be running for president". It is ALWAYS a relative dark horse.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Cito

I am biased. I don't want a Mormon president. Truthfully I'd ultimately prefer a non-religious one.

That said. Can you link that documentary. I'd like to watch it.

Sure it was uploaded to netflix last week

movies.netflix.com...

Nice documentary

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Man is a LOSER , Nuff said.........

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just went to the RomneyCare website and they only insure 1%.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hell no, he will not make it, and I bet my ATS membership that Hillary will not make it either, Romney is too linked to Obamacare with his Romneycare that people will always remember him by that, and Billary have too many skeletons in the closet to even think that she will win anything but a big foot up her big saggy butt.

Christi, well he is nothing but a darn joke.

It this are the only candidates out there for next elections then America truly have nothing to show for any more but trash in politics.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If republicans were mad about a black man getting elected president , they probably are really going to blow a gasket when a women gets it. This is going to make for some great comedy.

I'll be sure to have the popcorn ready

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Buahahahaa what a losers.Republicans if want to win any elections they need hispanic gay candidate who smoked pot in high school.America has changed,and wounds from Bush jr are still here.
edit on 2-2-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

rupertg
If republicans were mad about a black man getting elected president , they probably are really going to blow a gasket when a women gets it. This is going to make for some great comedy.

I'll be sure to have the popcorn ready

Who is mad that a black man won the Presidency???

Seems that the Left were the ones riding the "First Black President" wave.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think i finally get it, he is literally running in front of the others,
this makes so much more since now. For a second there i thought
the GOP had lost it until i made the above realization.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I think this is funny. The Republicans are so scared and desperate that they are going to get destroyed in the next election that they are now scratching their heads looking for a possible candidate. So far Christie and Walker have screwed their chances. There appears to be no vision or no talent within the Republican party.

The demographics of the voter base in America favor the Democrats.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join