It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sleep paralysis experiences. Absolutely terrifying.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Goblin

All I can advise to you is.... get the fck rid of it!

Used to happen with me a lot but I got rid of it by moving house... also my state of mind is much better now. I've read/heard that if you are at a very low point in life, these evil souls or whatever try to take you away.....

Saying this though, the other night I felt as if there was this huge thing pushing against my back as I was laying on my side.... I dont know, I woke up and it disappeared... hope its not sp again or some other 'thing' trying its luck! I also put my bag in front of the bedroom door to stop anything entering through...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hi All,

I have experienced SP literally hundreds of times over the 31 years i've been on this planet.

my episodes have changed somewhat - the first phases was very much dream state... and subsequently being stuck in the dream (very young around 9 or 10) - I have a vivid recollection when i was 9 of laying on a white and steel table and being operated on in a white bright room (ive never had to have surgery so i cant link it to real events...and at that point i hadn't heard of alien phenomena and abductions, so my psyche wasn't pre programmed or conditioned for my dreams to revert down that road... it wasnt scary, but like some accounts on here...i deffo couldn't open my eyes at all, and it felt like i was stuck in it forever.

Then it all stopped.... until having a conversation with my sister in law around 8 years ago, about something she read and found weird (SP) i explained that i had a couple of these when i was younger....anyway... something must have triggered in my brain and BOOM, its been constant for 8 years, several times a week!!

the main difference is, is that it has changed significantly..i now open my eyes, and didn't see or hear anything....i only felt and sensed a presence and a darkness around me... i would just shut my eyes, sweat like a beast...and hope it would pass.

the last 3 years, they have all been accompanied by sound....banshee like screaming... sometimes the voices of dead relatives talking not to me but conversing like i'm not there...

I don't think its paranormal, but im not sure... but the main difference is now, i can control it and come out of it, a tip for people just experiencing it, is to focus on wriggling your toes if an episode strikes...it takes a while, but every time it triggers my brain into slowly moving other parts of my body, and eventually into awake state (although i am convinced i am fully awake during SP).

I Hope this helps others?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I agree, and should have made it more clear about movement during SP.

When I induce an OBE and reach the point where I must separate from my physical body, the way I do it is by trying to move/roll over out of my body. The sensation is comparable to trying to pull apart 2 magnets. It takes some effort to move and exit your body, but, obviously, it can be done.

The movements that are attempted during SP, when someone is going for separation, are not what I mean when saying the complete body experiences absolute paralysis - except for the eyes.

What I mean about the complete paralysis is relative to someone who becomes fully aware they are awake, but they are still in SP mode. Instead of trying to achieve OBE at this point, the experiencer is terrified and trying to make the paralysis end. The hallucinations of an incubus sitting on one's chest or watching from the foot of the bed are products created when the person's dream-state-of-mind overlaps their waking consciousness.

When attempting to induce an OBE, we be may aware that our body has entered SP and we can try to move our 'astral body' outside our physical body in this state. When we wake to find ourselves experiencing SP, with no intent to do so, our (generally speaking) bodies are absolutely immobile, except for our eyes. No matter what we do, we can not move until the SP begins to subside. This stands in contrast with our abilities to move within our conscious dream world.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I had an experience with SP. I woke up one morning and at that exact moment my whole body became rigid. My head snapped backwards and my mouth was stuck wide open. I remember being terrified and not sure if it was ever going to end. It was violent, in fact my neck was sore for a few days. Luckily it has never happened since.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinx

Haha it is a slightly creepy avatar sorry about that! I like it a lot though it's a pretty cool ET pic.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Jarring
sleep paralysis is an illness and is not paranormal. you can see a doctor about it, and he will tell you what to do.

science has yet to give a real answer about SP. It's not normal that so many people across the centuries tell of the same phenomena, the overwhelming fear, the presence in the corner of the eye, be it an evil gnome,a demon, an old witch or a shadow man. There's too much detail in each account which is not normal plus the use of faith and prayer (God, Jesus, whatever) makes the evil presence vanish like magic.

It may be related to sleep alright, but it's because in sleep we might be more vulnerable to supernatural attacks or we open doors that should be closed and invite these things to our realm, like a lifting of the veil between dimensions.

i know what i experienced and that scientific explanation just doesnt cut it, it does not satisfy me.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Maybe these benevolent beings can only pass through certain materials to get to people. Try putting a bag or 2 in front of your bedroom door or a basket.....

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Ahhhhh! A subject I am most fascinated by. I am a life long experiencer. I am a total believer that one can be manipulated in their dream state. I have shared a few of my experiences on here before.

I was in my 20's before I ever saw what was waking me up every single night at the exact same time for years. 3 a.m. Always.
On that particular night, it came in my room...a hooded cloaked figure with shining red eyes. I could not think, move,NOTHING! It walked out of my bedroom into my childrens who were like 3 & 5 at the time. They both instantly stood up in the middle of their beds and started screaming and crying. It wasn't a shadow person. I have been plagued by shadow people all my life.

One of the most intriguing times was 2 summers ago. I actually seen a whit shadow person for the first time in my life. Had no idea that they existed. It started out with me and my significant other sitting on my bed in my new apartment that I had just moved into. We both heard what sounded like one of those little bells on a cat collar. It sounded like it came from right in the middle of my bed. He had thought that my daughter had gotten a new collar for her cat and that it was under my bed. NOPE! Nothing under there. That night I awoke to go potty and when I went to get out of bed, there standing right beside me, watching me, was a white shadow being. It was around 7 foot tall. It scared me so bad I screamed and hit the floor, you know, like the duck and cover thing. When I looked back up, it was gone.

The next morning I woke up and there was the number 10 on my night stand. A full unlit cigarette making the one and a perfect circle of ashes forming the 0. There were still ashes and butts in my ashtray. I had thought at first that my son had played a lil trick on me and had swiped a few smokes..he was notorious for that. But he knew nothing.

Three nights in a row, the number 10. First 2 nights were done with cigarettes. Second morning I woke up to a trail of 10 cigarettes leading from the side of my bed to the door. After cleaning them up, I thought...darn it, I should have took pics. After all, no pictures, it didn't happen.

Well night number 3, I was awoken and this time all of the cigarettes(whole in the pack and those in the ashtray) were just scattered everywhere. Like someone just threw the ashtray and cigarettes up in the air. They were all over my room. The number 10 came in the form of scratches this time. On my inner thigh. I took pics of them because it was the first time anything like that had happened to me. Took me darn near a year to figure out that it matched "My Symbol" that I had received in an NDE! xxx...10 10 10.

Since my NDE, the phenomena around me has been nonstop. I was already a sensitive, but now I see and hear things I don't want to. I've been able to all my life, but in the last 2 years it seems that everything has AMPED-UP a bit. I feel like a magnet to the supernatural if you will. So much so, that those around me experience things too. At first, I was afraid. But realizing THIS is my universe, I control it! I have very little fear now.

I recently moved out of that apartment and back into my home of 12 years with my significant other. It doesn't matter where I lay my head, or where I call home...they come. And now I am able to identify them. By that I mean that I JUST know their names. 3 months ago, I had a terrifying event in the broad day light. No night terrors. I heard a voice as plain as day ask, "Are you ready to die for your God?" My reply, "I already have." I instantly knew the name of the being that was there in my home. I said it's name out loud and my boyfriend asked me where I got that name. I looked at him and said, "That's whose here."
I had heard the name of the being before but wasn't sure. So I googled it! LOL I'm not so sure I should repeat on here the name.
I can say this though. When I googled it, I found a trailer to a movie that has not yet come out. Happens to be one of the most notorious villains by Disney! Should give ya hint there.

I am not the only person who has had an NDE or 2 that came back with a heightened perception of things. It's like since we have seen the other side, they too, have seen us!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I've had a few periods of time where I would have pretty intense SP episodes. These ranged from voices and sounds (sometimes carrying over from a dream, sometimes people I know yelling for me), to OBE experiences (I had to figure out how to initiate these), to "demonic" attacks (by far the minority). It always seemed that the attacks would happen if the room was dark, and the voices were there when it was light out.

I had two encounters that stood out - one was an attack by a Succubus and the other was an attempted abduction by a "Grey". Both of these occurred months apart, and both happened in the middle of the night. I communicated and then pushed the Succubus off of me with invisible arms (probably my dream arms) after it screamed in my face. The Grey was grabbing my face when I had the (almost) abduction experience, but I managed to OBE out of my body and escape.

I have my own thoughts on where these Archetypes come from, but it really seems linked to fear - I am very certain that these things are a manifestation of something internal. The strange thing was that neither of the entities looked the way I have always imagined them looking. The Succubus looked like a mix between a Vampire (dead decaying skin and teeth like Baraka from Mortal Kombat), a Succubus (white skin, black dress, shapely, long black hair over the eyes), and a Banshee (screamed loudly in my face in a last attempt to scare me). The Alien looked just like a "Grey", but it was much taller, thinner, and it's hands were much clammier than I would have imagined.

I can talk more about my experiences if anyone would like (I had a lot of them for 6 months straight), but I don't think that would be very useful. I can offer some insight though. It's been shown that SP is directly linked to a very important system in the body - the GABA system (this article and many others talk about it). The one thing that stopped my SP was complete cessation from alcohol. I was only drinking 2-5 beers a night for a while, and the SP would seem to happen much more frequently when I would quit for a few days. Alcohol withdrawl (however small) lasts for at least a week and directly effects the GABA system (DT is an EXTREME form of withdrawl, but it talks about GABA in this article). Basic withdrawl also causes issues during waking life (vision, thinking, focusing issues, seeing things), and usually causes vivid dreams and terrible insomnia. This leads me to believe that alcohol could play (and has played) a large role in historic accounts of SP.

This doesn't account for the people who naturally have SP from a young age, but that may be GABA related as well. I'm also not saying that everyone who drinks a few beers a night and quits will have SP, but I do believe that a percentage of people are more heavily effected.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

I've experienced things very much like that. The cycles you refer to in which you realize you're dreaming and try to wake only to realize you're still dreaming. I've done that many times. Every time I am terrified and trying desperately to shout out but no sound will come out. It goes on like that until finally something will snap and I'll be able to get some garbled words out. Once that happens I know I am almost out of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join