It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sleep paralysis experiences. Absolutely terrifying.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Blue Goblin

Do you have any occult / alien material in your home or similar? You might be unwittingly inviting unfriendly spirit entities into your life?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
sleep paralysis is an illness and is not paranormal. you can see a doctor about it, and he will tell you what to do.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Goblin

I've been lurking for over a year now and what lead me to ats was a presumed case of sleep paralysis that scared the # out of me (child voice whispering some creepy # in my ear and shadow people rushing at me + paralysis). At the time I read and researched all kinds of things and it seemed to spur on more things I couldn't explain, to the point that it seemed my room was haunted, really interesting but scary too.

It seems that self affirmations and simply saying "go away, you can't do anything" and such works best which ties into it all being in my head to start with. Its all really interesting stuff I want to delve deeper into myself once I more spare time.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

dslayer

I've been lurking for over a year now and what lead me to ats was a presumed case of sleep paralysis that scared the # out of me (child voice whispering some creepy # in my ear and shadow people rushing at me + paralysis). At the time I read and researched all kinds of things and it seemed to spur on more things I couldn't explain, to the point that it seemed my room was haunted, really interesting but scary too.

It seems that self affirmations and simply saying "go away, you can't do anything" and such works best which ties into it all being in my head to start with. Its all really interesting stuff I want to delve deeper into myself once I more spare time.

yeah, idk what kind of sleep paralysis this is. I don't find it interesting in the least bit. It is just horrid, and it's not just in my damned mind. I wish it would just go away when I told it to, but it doesn't work like that for me.

It has something to do with my physical health, and it sucks balls.
Maybe my SP is more serious, and what you guys are experiencing is just a low dose of it, so that your dreams play a significant role in it as well.

Trust me, all I'm thinking is "go away, move..move..move..please, let me move..wake up..wake up.." from anywhere to 5 minutes to hours at a time. It sucks because I'm usually really tired when I have it, and if I go back to sleep if I ever manage to wake up, it will just happen again.

i have had dreams that go along with it before.. but for the most part, my dream is that I am sleep paralyzed in my bed.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I know for a fact that overdosing on caffeine and energy drinks can cause it along with other dietary concerns., not to mention medications.

Suggestion, go to your doctor, tell him about your sleep paralysis, give him an idea of your medications and diet, and he should be able to help you out.

That is of course if you're willing to take his advice. It can be hard to quit old habits.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I've had something attack me in my sleep as well and I thought it was demonic for sure.
What I realized is that you have too much energy and not enough control over your kundalini. I levitated while fully conscious and praying, said jesus's name and it stopped. This is all spiritual programming, Humans have a few skeletons in their genetic closet, reptilian dna. Yes satan, a highly evolved immortal being is lodged within all of our consciousnesses. You have to tame the snake which eats it's tail in circles for eternity to graduate to higher levels of consciousness.
I had an attack when I was in jail, and spiritually confused. I woke up, My cellmate was standing up looking at me and he said "It's Comng."

Then I heard a loud whoosh of air behind my head, my neck up to my brain felt electrified and absolutely in pure shock and I was completely paralyzed. Later on that year I had several astral projection experience in parallel universes.
I realized there is a dark side to the universe
That there is only one
Consciousness
connected
Enjoy your life,
don't worry be happy
It will all stop when you do what God has planned for you
His way of getting your attention

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
My son who is now 27 yrs old has had sleep paralysis issues since a teen. Terrifying for him.

He described being unable to open his eyes, but many times seeing the room through slightly opened eyes similar to when people actually sleep with their eyes just open a tiny bit. He mentioned when this happens a buzzing sound signals the "beginning" of SP for him, but curiously he also mentioned that what he could see of the room was reversed from what it normally is. So, a clock for instance that is normally on right side of room will be on the left instead. Sometimes it's the entire room where he is sleeping, or a dream scenario of a known location reversed. Sometimes it will only be individual objects that are seen in reverse.

Has any SP experiencers had the reversal thing happen?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

shockedonlooker
My son who is now 27 yrs old has had sleep paralysis issues since a teen. Terrifying for him.

He described being unable to open his eyes, but many times seeing the room through slightly opened eyes similar to when people actually sleep with their eyes just open a tiny bit. He mentioned when this happens a buzzing sound signals the "beginning" of SP for him, but curiously he also mentioned that what he could see of the room was reversed from what it normally is. So, a clock for instance that is normally on right side of room will be on the left instead. Sometimes it's the entire room where he is sleeping, or a dream scenario of a known location reversed. Sometimes it will only be individual objects that are seen in reverse.

Has any SP experiencers had the reversal thing happen?

When it happened to me the room was the exact same but I was levitated and rotated 180 degrees. Many abductees claim to hear a buzzing noise. I think these attacks stem from interdimensional beings attacking vulnerable prey

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

I do not take caffeine and have a strong protein diet for my gym. I haven't had it recently so should be good for now. I'm really at a loss what could of brought it on. Maybe old depression?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MOSTwanted

That's very interesting. What did you see of this dark universe? It was at such an uneventful time of my life, so what would God mean by doing that. I can't make anything of it other than him being a bit of a prat to me, odd way to send a message.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Yes! One time when I woke my bed seemed facing the other way 180 degrees. I looked at a simpsons poster and it began to breath sound with kind of a buzz. and form into a shadow person where the picture should be and just looked at me for a while. Not a hostile experience this time. When I came to I awoke back in my normal position. Was weird.
edit on 31/1/14 by Blue Goblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

romilo
Hey, first of sry my english is very limited but i try to share my experience of the sleep paralyze i had once.
One day i was bit frustraded and stressed, my whole body was tired and i walk in my room and drop down to my bed, soon as i hit the bed my body froze complitely,i heard this weird noise in my left ear it iched and sounded like radio channels searching really fast in my ear, i tought myself that i know what this is, its part of sleep paralyze and i can maybe focus it to get out of body experience,perhaps learn to astral project, soon as i try to chill out and meditate i got anxius feeling and lookd my right side as good i could and i saw this naked man full of brilliant coloured tattoos in hes body, he just smiled at me and i freekd the sh!t out, i try to get up but couldnt and i had to really fight hard for it to push myself out of it, it felt like my eyes rolled back to my head while i push and then i got my body moving, i jump up and boy was i energized of this nice little rest...
This was first time i could remmeber this kind of sleep paralize happend to me and i cant figure out what the hell was it but it scared me quite bit. I seen pretty crazy dreams now and then but this was while i was awake and what i saw was real not dream but how can it be real since it dissapeared soon as i got my self up from the bed.

The man might have been your spirit guide don't be scared he is there to help you but really you need to feel calm and positive before trying obe's when you feel angry or upset it attracts the negative energies that manifest into your worst nightmare. Remember you are manifesting what's in your subconscious mind with neutral cosmic energies. That's why people meditate and think positive thoughts before trying. Good luck in your obe's and practice makes perfect.

Love & Light

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well this morning as I have to sleep upright due to having a tooth extraction I've been having more body shaking and even partly obe where you are totally numb and you can feel tingling sensation on my spine my feet ether gets out but the rest of my body stays in like its stuck. I've been trying to have an obe with meditating and growing my positive light from source energies. We all have astral projections when we sleep some just don't remember coming out of body because we are sleeping. I believe that the universal energies are neutral so if you have fear or your karma is bad then you will manifest negative into your life. But this is based on my own belief so please don't take my word as fact, you need to research yourself and find your own truth because we all have different truths due to our own dimension oh and our destiny. But remember don't take my word as fact :-)

Love & Light

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I very often wake up without the ability to move or speak.Usually I get the sensation of something coming really close to me when I'm under my covers,I am even able to hear their breathing.I sometimes bring whatever I had been dreaming about back with me into the real world (that is terrifying). Other times I could be dreaming about something completely unrelated,something nice.
And all of a sudden I'm be back in my room,unable to move a muscle with my worst nightmare consuming me with an overwhelming amount of fear.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Bah, last night I had my first SP incident in memory. Something woke me and my vision was swirling with "dream juice" or "___" and I felt something get on my bed. It shook in that distinct manner as when a partner gets in or sits at the foot of the bed... only problem was I was alone... no pets, no other (lucky) human... just me.

I was in the liminal zone but very conscious and I could move... I thought the first pressure on the bed was a hallucination, but then my vision cleared and I was more awake and a second "thing" pressed down on my bed and I saw the darned depression on the comforter as it happened and I saw the room shake as I bounced on my bed in reaction!!!

The depression was the size of a hand (or withered claw).

So wow... the terror and confusion I felt was something. Glancing at my clock and seeing 3:30 a.m. didn't help matters (witching time).

Anyway, I made myself laugh and went back to sleep (after pulling the covers over my head, admittedly). Since I awoke this morn I guess whatever it was decided to spare me.

So... I can't untangle the weird feeling about this and feel something "real" happened... and with my past fully awake paranormal incidents, it isn't too weird in my world... but I really, really feel for those of you who go through this on a regular basis.

So why can't these entities (or our own minds... or both) leave us the heck alone!? Weirder still I got a text from a friend saying they had "weird stuff" happen to them while sleeping last night... I await to hear what it was.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Yes I know exactly what you're talking about. It is not the dream. It's what happens when your eyes open, I'm able to see my room, but I am unable to move. There is pain, I can't even turn my head, or speak, and there is something dark in the room with me. It is terrifying the entire time.

Yes in ancient times they took this as a demon. They say the demon gives you dreams then the sleep paralysis happens. They say not sleeping on your back helps, also talking about it. Holding it in creates more bad feelings and the demon is attracted to that.

Today sleep paralysis is said to stem from stress. But I have Friends with wayyyy more stressful lives than me and never experienced such a thing.
edit on 31-1-2014 by ladybug121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm new, thanks for having such an interesting forum! I saw a few threads before but now decided to register.

I recently read a book on Astral Projection by Erin Pavlina.[1] She claims that sleep paralysis (=SP) happens if the body is asleep but the soul is awake, and if you'd try to stand up you could leave your body.[2] A suggestion she makes in the book is that you don't have fear while in SP but rather psychically create a white light around you[3] and call your spirit guides. She claims the entities that visit you really exist but you can defeat them by sending a stream of love towards them.

Sorry if this is not helpful, as I have no personal experiences with SP, but it is something I'd love to hear if it works for you, i.e. send love and call your spirit guides.

[1] I think what she wrote is plausible, but there are also some who say she's a fake, so keep that in mind that it might or might not be accurate what she writes.
[2] It is a bit more complicated, but gets down to that once you know what you do. Also this should only be done if in a good psychical state, or otherwise one could sink to lower regions and lose more energy. Entities can NOT overtake your body, but drain your energy, thereby making you physically ill, she writes.
[3] The things with light and love might only work after leaving the body already, the book doesn't say if it works while still in-body.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Tirxof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'll share my sleep paralysis (SP) story.

The first time that i experienced SP i was 26 years old.I don't remember dreaming anything before it happened, and it really felt as though i was awake. I could see the light from the street lamp shining in the window,I could see the time on the alarm clock on my dresser, it was 2:13 AM, that's when my eyes moved to the bed room door. There was a dark, human shaped shadow standing in the doorway.As the shadowed moved in through the doorway,I saw two more follow behind.I tried to get up immediately,only to realize that i couldn't move. I fought with every ounce of strength I had, but still could not move an inch. Then two of the shadows moved down the sides of the bed, as the other just stood at the foot of the bed. It was as if the two that had moved down the sides of the bed had a black curtain that moved with them, as it started to block out the street lights shining in the window.

I immediately tried to scream for help, only to realize that I could not move or speak It was terrifying.I was freaking out I couldn't do anything to help my self. Then, the shadow standing at the foot of the bed moved its way up on top of me and we were face to face.I can't remember exactly what its face looked like, all I can remember is a blurry, fuzzed out face. Then it opened its mouth and screamed at me,it was mechanical in sound, my ears were ringing, and all of a sudden,I was like a fish out of water.I flung myself out of my bed, I was sweating like a pig, scared as hell. I remember thinking to myself "Wow,what the hell just happened?".My initial reaction,was it had to be a medical situation,I must have crossed some wires.But after doing a lot of research,I'm not so sure and I'm leaning towered the paranormal side of the coin.

I had SP happen one more time only 3 months after the first but that's a story for another time. I'm convinced that something other worldly happened that night. Now was it angels, demons , aliens or spirits i'm not sure but i am sure that i wasn't sleeping . This is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions... LOL...Thanks for the thread OP starred and flagged. It was a good opportunity to share my story with others.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Not sure what form of Sleep Paralysis you may be having, since nearly all instances of SP prevent the experiencer from moving their head or other body parts.

The only thing that is commonly reported to be movable are the person's eyes.

It is not a common for Sleep Paralysis to last more than 45-90 seconds. Also, sleep paralysis happens to every one, but most are never aware of it, because they have entered a sleep state that occurs after SP initiates. So, whenever you are dreaming, you are in SP.

You may wake from a nightmare to find yourself in SP, but the nightmare itself is not a hallmark of a conscious SP experience.

It sounds like you are experiencing a mild form of lucid dream or out-of-body experiences, both are commonly associated with sleep paralysis.

The visual & auditory hallucinations you mention are almost always reported by those who experience SP. However, I've never seen them reported when the experiencer has the ability to move any part of their body, other than their eyes. They can't even scream, it comes out very quiet and sounds garbled - because the person is unable to move their mouth, tongue, or neck.

You have a higher potential for successfully inducing OBEs, due to the fact that you experience some form of waking SP. They are amazing. When you induce an OBE, you must consciously enter SP, then separate your conscious from your physical body, without exiting your mild sleep stage. It can take effort and understanding, but it's well worth the effort to succeed.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
esteay812

Dang, you beat me to it about being able to better induce an OBE or a lucid dream state. Anyways, long story short here's something that helped me a lot in inducing lucid dreams through sleep paralysis.

i.imgur.com...
edit on 31-1-2014 by 112233 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join