It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The latest geo-engineering panic - fake "polar vortex" snow - (INTERNET HOAX)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Snow melts, right?

So how come this stuff isn't melting and is turning black??

And similarly on YT:

The comments in the 2nd one pretty much say it all - people in Georgia don't see that much snow, and really just don't know how it actually behaves - this is a great opportunity to deny ignorance

Fake snow and burning snow debunked
edit on 1-2-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Dammit... S/F just because of ' dammit ' factor. Thanks for post. Be kind, though- everybody has there own strengths and weaknesses... you never know, you might someday need someone to help validate a suspect peach...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

This IS me being nice

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

Yeah but there's little or no "it's chemtrails, the sky is falling, they're out to kill us" over-reaction on that thread (which I hadn't actually seen tbh)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Lingweenie

Yeah but there's little or no "it's chemtrails, the sky is falling, they're out to kill us" over-reaction on that thread (which I hadn't actually seen tbh)

The sky would be falling if it weren't for chemtrails, buddy ! And, they are all out to kill me. I know all about their agenda ! And snow, and peaches. So there.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Yup, had one of my chemtrail obsessed buddies sending videos like these around via email.

I commend your efforts Aloysius, and yes I am going to send that guy the link you posted, but something tells me he isn't going to look at it for longer than a "normal contrail is supposed to last".

Einstein said "we cannot despair of humanity since we ourselves are human beings" but I gotta tell you the whole chemtrail faith brings me close.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The explanation that you put forth is interesting but not comprehensive and, in addition, departs from reality.

Colored Snow Chemistry

Gray or black snow can result from precipitation through soot or petroleum-based contaminants. The snow may be oily and smelly. This type of snow tends to be seen early in the snowfall of a heavily polluted area or one which has experienced a recent spill or accident. Any chemical in the air may become incorporated into snow, causing it to become colored.

A smell of burning plastic was mentioned. Plastic is petroleum based.

I don't think Atlanta is alone in snow pollution. In fact, I think we'd be hard pressed to find snow these days that wasn't polluted in some way. Reactions to burning are going to be based at least somewhat on pollutant content.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

So what you are saying is that using a cigarette lighter makes the snow polluted? Because it isn't black or grey when it is picked up - it only becomes so in the flame.

and yes - then the plastics smell is indeed hydrocarbons - because the combustion of the fuel is not complete.

seems to me what you have found there is perfectly true - and nothing at all to do with the topic - which is the apparent non-melting of snow, and it's apparent "burning" in a flame as evidenced by it becoming black.

edit on 30-1-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: Add YT vids

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Like I said (tried to say): your explanation is endearing, if naive.

Where is the pristine snow? Not in our world. Not anymore.

Therefore, we need to consider more variables. Hardly off-topic. Snow polluted by petroleum is not going to burn or melt in the same way as snowy white snow? Is it?

Of course not.

(You didn't say we couldn't use the entire video - including smells - to reply!)

(If something is smelling like plastic while turning black, what is it? Snow? I'm thinking no...I'm thinking pollution.)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

(If something is smelling like plastic while turning black, what is it? Snow? I'm thinking no...I'm thinking pollution.)

The smell comes from the burnt lighter fluid. It is real easy to test. Take a lighter and a metallic kitchen spoon and burn it the same way they did the snow.

It will smell like burnt plastic. No snow necessary.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

luxordelphi

Like I said (tried to say): your explanation is endearing, if naive.

Where is the pristine snow? Not in our world. Not anymore.

that guys back yard in the video looked quite white....and there was no smell before any burning.

Did you actually analyse any pollutants from it, or are you just making stuff up?

Therefore, we need to consider more variables. Hardly off-topic. Snow polluted by petroleum is not going to burn or melt in the same way as snowy white snow? Is it?

therefore nothing - you inventing stuff doesnt' constitute a reason for anything.

(You didn't say we couldn't use the entire video - including smells - to reply!)

Like I said - incomplete combustion from the flame being interfered with leaves unburned fuel which equals smell.

Here's part 2 where he shows how you can have smell and no smell, black and no black - from the same lighter and the same piece of snow, just by moving the flame around to have complete or incomplete combustion.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

people in Georgia don't see that much snow, and really just don't know how it actually behaves - this is a great opportunity to deny ignorance

I wish it were that easy.

As someone that sees this first hand every time it happens, I can tell you snow brings out the ignorance here in Ga. as the video shows.

It really does boggle the mind how people just try to make a conspiracy out of anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
After I burnt it

Before i burnt it

This works I just tested it myself it smells and my hands smell now. I will get more pics tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Another simple debunking of this myth:

new topics

top topics

join