It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher murder.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by FlySolo

What about the parents of the poor girl she has been found guilty of murdering?.
She tries to paint this picture of poor me but I just see it as guilt, she lied and lied under questioning, tried to set someone else up for it and her money has gotten her off...for now.
I hope she does get extradited and serves the time in jail like she deserves.

Like someone else said here, just because she was found guilty doesn't mean she's actually guilty. They will hang you in Italy for not properly predicting an earthquake. Really? How confident do you feel about a system that can actually do that to scientists? Sure, she did some dumb things but you know, I know, and anyone with common sense knows cartwheels and smooching doesn't equate to murder. Yes, she threw the pub owner under the bus but that doesn't prove murder either.

It would be a sad day for you or anyone to be convicted because you didn't act 'properly'. tsk tsk what a shame. As for the Kercher family, they got their justice already. The other guy did it and he's rotting in jail

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
yeah, this is going to be the issue .. they're gonna burn some bridges if Italy requests extradition and they deny it .. not to mention losing all leverage when requesting extraditions themselves .. going to be interesting to see what happens

Wrabbit2000
I'm a bit late to this so just take my regular two cents for a penny and a half on depreciation.

If the Italians make a formal and legal extradition request and we don't honor whatever the precise text is between nations on extradition matters (and I don't know what that is to a legal degree), we may as well never even bother asking for another criminal in another nation be returned to us. For much of anything...

Murder is the ultimate issue to play with extradition on. Especially with a nation that is an ally and a fairly strong one at that. I mean, really, can we have one ally left in the world? Err.. even Italy?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
To all those "Law is the law" types, I sincerely hope you never find out how malleable and unjust that mighty Law can be.

I wasn't there, but from all I've read, there is more doubt than not about the woman's guilt.

I'm also not one to deride another country's justice system just because it's different than what I'm used to, but in this case Italy looks pretty silly.

link   
The fact that anyone is arguing over trial/retrial and whether or not double jeopardy applies here is a serious lack of reading comprehension.

The court did not order a retrial.

A court in Italy has reinstated the guilty verdicts against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito for the murder of UK student Meredith Kercher in 2007.

Guilty.
Acquitted on appeal.
Nah, screw that she's tote's guit' anyway.

I never bothered to follow this case but damned if the last 30 minutes of reading didn't put me off Italy entirely.

link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I said exactly what you said almost verbatim.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

No the Kercher family have not had closure, they may have when the guilty are locked up but they are glad she has been found guilty.

I read somewhere that the double jeopardy law may not work because the aquittal was not done by jury and it must be jury lead for it to be seen as an aquittal.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

FlySolo
reply to post by JayinAR

I said exactly what you said almost verbatim.

I noticed that. Haha
Great minds I guess.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by JayinAR

but they are glad she has been found guilty.

Of course they're glad she was found guilty.

Any family would be glad anyone was found guilty of the murder of a family member, regardless of how much of a sham it may or may not be. Someone being punished for the crime just has that effect.

link   
that may apply to Italy .. but none of that exists here .. if you're acquitted here, it's over .. a not guilty verdict cannot be overturned or appealled in the United States .. that's the whole point of double jeopardy .. the only way an acquittal can be thrown out is if you were acquitted because you bribed a judge or something crazy like that ..

so the question is the U.S. obligated to honor Italian law before honoring their own law

Zaphod58
reply to post by dude77

If there is a procedural error in the trial the verdict can be overturned and often is. You can't rearrest them on the same charges but if the verdict is overturned the first trial never happened. The Italian court found problems with the evidence and statements made in the original trial which got the verdict overturned and a new trial ordered.

A retrial is NOT double jeopardy except in some cases of a mistrial.

edit on 30-1-2014 by dude77 because: (no reason given)

link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by JayinAR

No the Kercher family have not had closure, they may have when the guilty are locked up but they are glad she has been found guilty.

I read somewhere that the double jeopardy law may not work because the aquittal was not done by jury and it must be jury lead for it to be seen as an aquittal.

They may not like their closure, but they got it.

The law doesn't give a damn if you disagree with it.

Note the post illustrating that they merely reversed the verdicts here. That crap is laughable.

The judge handled the retrial, and then as if he had a change of heart he said "nah screw it. She is guilty"...DESPITE ZERO evidence suggesting she did.

There is no way she will be extradited and Iwould be willing to wager on it.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Because it's the truth.
edit on 30-1-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

It was two judges and a jury who have found her guilty.
It all boils down to who you believe etc I never believed her and neither does the Italians but I guess many USAers will just back up a fellow country man.
In 60 days the courts will release why they came to a guilty verdict and more facts will be released so I will be back then.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by JayinAR

It was two judges and a jury who have found her guilty.
It all boils down to who you believe etc I never believed her and neither does the Italians but I guess many USAers will just back up a fellow country man.
In 60 days the courts will release why they came to a guilty verdict and more facts will be released so I will be back then.

You're kidding me, right?
I am not "defending her because I am American."
Hell, I suspect she had a hand in it.

I am defending her because our Constitution defends her. A treaty does not supercede the US Constitution.

She was acquitted. Yes, there was a jury the first go round, but round two they cleaned up the circus act a bit and a single judge acquitted her.
Now they are simply overturning the verdict.

Haha. They said she was innocent. In America that CLOSES THE CASE.
She is protected under the 5th amendment of the US Constitution.
edit on 30-1-2014 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It all boils down to who you believe

Hang on. You jogged my memory. I think it was a 60 minutes program or some journalism regarding the original prosecutor being involved in disingenuous and questionable behavior stacking cases. Give me a minute to dig it up

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Not anti american at all but I do see that many Americans are sticking up for her because she is an american.
Fine If your justice system allows people to commit murder and get off just because she was acquitted once but many countries did away with those laws due to them being outdated. (we did in the UK and have sent people to jail the 2nd time around due to new evidence).
Anyhow she has been found guilty and I hope the US send this murderer to jail where she belongs.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by JayinAR

Not anti american at all but I do see that many Americans are sticking up for her because she is an american.
Fine If your justice system allows people to commit murder and get off just because she was acquitted once but many countries did away with those laws due to them being outdated. (we did in the UK and have sent people to jail the 2nd time around due to new evidence).
Anyhow she has been found guilty and I hope the US send this murderer to jail where she belongs.

Again, this same court system tried scientists for manslaughter for missing an EQ prediction.
This same prosecutor tries all his cases from a position that the bad guys are in cahoots with the devil.

If you think our system is outdated and you are advocating this sham of judicial process I guess I would rather live in the middle ages right here in America.

Again, I would be willing to wager she isn't extradited.

I have no vested interest in the particulars of this case. Just calling it like I see it and nationality has NOTHING to do with it.

ETA: "but chief inspector, Ms. Knox has no apparent motive, nor is there any evidence tying her to the VERY BLOODY crime scene!"

"Haha, you rookies will never learn! If the suspect was a manipulative satanist, we dint need motives or evidence!"

Kangaroo court at its finest. But sure, we will just believe the silliness because why exactly?

Witch hunt is exactly what this is.
edit on 30-1-2014 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I just found this and thought I would share. It looks interesting to follow...

Knox's attorney, Ted Simon, said there will certainly be an appeal and cautioned that extradition shouldn't yet be a part of the conversation surrounding the case.

"It's really not in play right now, because first of all, she has another appeal to the Supreme Court of Italy," he told CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. "In Italy, under their system, you're still actually presumed innocent until that third, final stage."
Source: CNN

I didn't realize this still had a whole level yet to play out.. Hmm..

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by JayinAR

Really?

Because I see American's sticking up for her because the law sticks up for her and because the facts of the case paint the Italian justice system and the prosecutor in the case as being woefully unjust.

If you're going to interpret that as "cause 'merica", I suppose I can't stop you, but you can't act like it's not an opinion painted with a soft coating of bigotry.
edit on 1/30/2014 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Ok, I think you ought to look at this...
Giuliano Mignini - the prosecutor who believed this was a ritualistic murder was also involved in another notorious case known as the "Monster of Florence"

A series of murders that took place around Florence, Italy between 1968 and 1985 were known as the Monster of Florence murders. At different points in time, four different people were tried and convicted for the crimes (and subsequently released in most cases). Newspaper critics have expressed the view that the true killer (or killers) have never been identified by the police

Dr. Francesco Narducci's body was recovered from Lake Trasimeno near Perugia, Italy, in 1985 and was initially determined to be a drowning.[12][13] His body was discovered a month after the final double-murder linked to the Monster of Florence. Police and prosecutors initially investigated Narducci's death as connected to the murders after a number of anonymous letters were received, but police were unable to find evidence of a connection.[14][15] In the summer of 2001, police wiretaps recorded a conversation threatening a woman that if she did not pay what was owed she would end up like Narducci.[14][15] Subsequent threatening phone calls to the same woman referred to the "murder of Pacciani" (one of the suspects in the Monster of Florence Case who was found dead in suspicious circumstances[16]) and said that both had been killed by members of a secret society for betraying them.[17] In early 2002, Mignini had Narducci's body exhumed and examined. Mignini believed that the body was not decomposed enough to be Narducci's. A medical examination determined that the body was in fact Narducci's. Mignini then theorised that the body had been swapped twice.[14] Mignini alleged that Narducci had been involved in a secret society and killed to keep quiet and that his father, Ugo Narducci, a member of a masonic lodge, had masterminded the cover up.[18][19] Mignini's theory involved a complicated conspiracy of 20 people, including government officials and law enforcement officers. Mignini indicted 20 people and charged them with the concealment of Narducci's murder. The charges were eventually dismissed.[20] Narducci's family and colleagues believe that his death was a suicide.

And there's more...
Allegations of abuse of office.

In 2006, Mignini was charged with abuse of office for allegedly ordering the illegal wiretapping of the phones of various police officers and journalists involved in the Monster of Florence case.[21] In January 2010, a Florence court found him guilty of exceeding the powers of his office but acquitted of the remaining charges.[5] He was given a 16-month suspended sentence.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is the guy who started all this bullcrap, about a pot smoking sexual orgy that became violent. Really? This alone should make you question the veracity of the entire narrative.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I just found this and thought I would share. It looks interesting to follow...

Knox's attorney, Ted Simon, said there will certainly be an appeal and cautioned that extradition shouldn't yet be a part of the conversation surrounding the case.

"It's really not in play right now, because first of all, she has another appeal to the Supreme Court of Italy," he told CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. "In Italy, under their system, you're still actually presumed innocent until that third, final stage."
Source: CNN

I didn't realize this still had a whole level yet to play out.. Hmm..

Okay. Is anyone else getting the Ponies and Balloons feel off of this whole thing? So, first they say sordid, ritualistic murder, then they say "Oh whoops, sorry got that wrong, throw it all out", and then back to sleaze-weirdness-she-did-it-more sleaze, and then they're going to have ANOTHER pass at this. This is just bizarre. Do the courts in Italy just operate hand in hand with tabloids to provide fodder?
edit on 30-1-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2014 by redhorse because: in a hurry

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join