It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher murder.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by eletheia

Have a look at this site as well: LINK

From the summary prepared by unpaid volunteers from Perugia Murder File to promote a better understanding of the circumstances surrounding the death of Meredith Kercher and the case against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito in the English-speaking world.

That link proved very interesting and particularly in view of the posters who

keep screaming "where is the evidence" and there is "no evidence implicating Amanda

Knox in the crime"!! ?? REALY??

Of particular interest is scrolling down the link to >>>

# Pathology :- Injuries, time and cause of death and conclusions . . .

# Summary of pathology findings . . .

# Forensic investigation . . .

# Exhibit 36 the double DNA knife . . . which had (although very small quantities)

the DNA of both Amanda Knox and Meredith on it and was found in

Raffaelo Sollecito's strongly smelling of bleach flat . . . wonder how that got

there?????....

Someone? involved must have taken it from one accommodation to the other?

Seems that would be a logical conclusion?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Snarl
she (Amanda Knox herself mind you), in an official statement, to the police, placed herself at the scene of the crime

interrogation by 12 cops, over five days, multiple slaps in the head, foreign language, no lawyer allowed, young ....

Her footprints (in Meredith Kercher's blood) were identified at the scene of the crime, walking in a direction away from the victim. ...

It could be damning ... but there is conflicting information on that.
Seattle News - 'Bloody Footprints' tested negative for blood
Bathroom footprints tested negative for blood and negative for Victims DNA - Suppressed from trial by prosecutor
FBI Agent discusses the 'missing evidence' IE 'the footprints'

even if you refuse to accept it.

If I see conclusive evidence of guilt, I'll gladly accept it.
So far ... I"m not seeing it.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

eletheia
particularly in view of the posters who keep screaming "where is the evidence" and there is "no evidence implicating Amanda Knox in the crime"!! ?? REALY??

REALLY!!
back atchya.

eletheia
# Exhibit 36 the double DNA knife . . . which had (although very small quantities)
the DNA of both Amanda Knox and Meredith on it

Already addressed. The knife didn't fit the victim wounds and the 'few cells' of Amandas on the knife was because she cooked with that knife and also cells came from cross contamination in the lab. And there was no Meredith DNA on the knife.

No Trace of Victim DNA on Knife
No Victim DNA on Knife - NY Daily News

"The results of the report categorically exclude that the knife was the murder weapon," said Giulia Bongiorno, Sollecito's lawyer, according to The Guardian. "It is the latest demonstration that there is nothing linking the crime with Raffaele and Amanda, because the only connection was the murder weapon, but this report excludes that it is it."

As for the few cells from Amanda on the handle .. she had used the knife for cooking AND there was cross contamination from the Italian crime lab. (I already gave this information).

MSN News- 'Knox Knife' not murder weapon

BBC News - How does DNA Contamination Occur

"You can't really wash the blood off and leave the DNA in any practical sense. That means that the few cells or molecules might have been from the laboratory after they amplified Miss Kercher's DNA," he explains.

By amplification, Dr Hampikian is referring to the common process by which millions of copies are made from isolated DNA strands, using a method called "polymerase chain reaction", or PCR.

This concern was not his alone. There have been claims that the initial evidence was handled using dirty gloves and that investigators entered the crime scene without protective clothing. The defence team also said that the amount of DNA was too small to be accurately attributable to Miss Knox and that it could have been contaminated.

Rudy Guede left his bloody fingerprints behind. He has admitted to the crime. He has apologized.

edit on 2/3/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

(post by NickDC202 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Information on the person who admitted doing the crime.
He has apologized to the family of the victim.

Rudy Guede

How can we say with complete certainty that Rudy Guede murdered Meredith Kercher? Unlike Amanda and Raffaele, Guede was arrested after the evidence collected at the crime scene was analyzed and that evidence points right to him—no one else, just him. There was no rush to judgment when it came to arresting Rudy Guede. Investigators found Guede’s hand print on a pillow case found under the victim’s body. The fingerprints led police to their suspect.

The evidence of Guede’s guilt is irrefutable and should have been more than sufficient to secure a life sentence. Guede admitted he was in Meredith’s room at the time of the attack. His DNA, along with Meredith’s blood, was found on Meredith's purse. His shoeprints, set in Meredith’s blood, were found in the bedroom and in the hallway leading out the front door. As mentioned above, his handprint, in Meredith’s blood, was found on a pillowcase underneath her body. Most importantly, Guede’s DNA was found inside Meredith’s body.

Guede also had a history of break-ins similar to that seen at the cottage. One week prior to the murder, Guede was caught breaking into a nursery school by the school's owner, Maria Del Prato, when she arrived unexpectedly during off hours with two repairmen. Del Prato along with the repairmen kept Guede at the nursery and called the police.

In Rudy Guedes statement he said he was alone during the killing. Later he changed it to try to 'get a deal'.
Seattle News - Guedes says "Knox not there"

Express News UK - Guede Apologizes to Victims Family

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Your quoted sources>>>

'Seattle News' and 'FBI Agent Discusses the 'missing evidence' i.e. the footprints

See . . . that is thousands of miles away from the actual crime scene, so

surely must be considered supposition?? and not evidence as that

presented by Monica Napoleoni the Head of the Homicide Squad, who was

first at the actual crime scene

INTERROGATION?

Every suspect is interrogated, why should Amanda Knox be any different?

It has also been said (uncorroborated I believe) that she

was starved?? However the above Inspector, Monica Napoleoni has said

she was given buns and camomile tea and slept!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Information on the person who admitted doing the crime.
He has apologized to the family of the victim.

Rudy Guede

How can we say with complete certainty that Rudy Guede murdered Meredith Kercher? Unlike Amanda and Raffaele, Guede was arrested after the evidence collected at the crime scene was analyzed and that evidence points right to him—no one else, just him. There was no rush to judgment when it came to arresting Rudy Guede. Investigators found Guede’s hand print on a pillow case found under the victim’s body. The fingerprints led police to their suspect.

The evidence of Guede’s guilt is irrefutable and should have been more than sufficient to secure a life sentence. Guede admitted he was in Meredith’s room at the time of the attack. His DNA, along with Meredith’s blood, was found on Meredith's purse. His shoeprints, set in Meredith’s blood, were found in the bedroom and in the hallway leading out the front door. As mentioned above, his handprint, in Meredith’s blood, was found on a pillowcase underneath her body. Most importantly, Guede’s DNA was found inside Meredith’s body.

Guede also had a history of break-ins similar to that seen at the cottage. One week prior to the murder, Guede was caught breaking into a nursery school by the school's owner, Maria Del Prato, when she arrived unexpectedly during off hours with two repairmen. Del Prato along with the repairmen kept Guede at the nursery and called the police.

In Rudy Guedes statement he said he was alone during the killing. Later he changed it to try to 'get a deal'.
Seattle News - Guedes says "Knox not there"

Express News UK - Guede Apologizes to Victims Family

Dear Still Thinks the Boys Wrongfully Convicted in the Central Park Jogger Case Are Guilty Because; you know...:

According to the Innocence Project:
www.innocenceproject.org...

False Confessions In about 25% of DNA exoneration cases, innocent defendants made incriminating statements, delivered outright confessions or pled guilty. These cases show that confessions are not always prompted by internal knowledge or actual guilt, but are sometimes motivated by external influences.

Additionally, you seem to put a lot of weight behind the Guede apology while completely ignoring reports of Sollecito doing the same act of contrition...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

eletheia
See . . . that is thousands of miles away from the actual crime scene,

Does that change the facts about the faulty 'evidence'?
Does that change the facts about the corrupt prosecution?

Every suspect is interrogated, why should Amanda Knox be any different?

Five days? 12 cops? Slaps in the head? No lawyer? Different language?
Doesn't sound like a prosecutor trying to get the truth.

As for the 'starving' vs 'camomile tea' ... I"m sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.
She wasn't starved. She probably missed meals.
And I highly doubt that there was a sweet lady cop serving tea and naps.

So anyways, this is a conspiracy site and we discuss when things are 'off'.
I'm seeing a bunch of stuff that can be 'off' here.
Others say they dont' see it. That's fine. But I sure do.
I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of Italian justice.
(heck .. I wouldn't want to be on the end of American justice either)
Not when Italy throws scientists in jail for 'not predicting earthquakes'. Ya' know?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Cases like this are why I am against the death penalty. Too many innocent people are in jail for life or on death row due to faulty evidence. As I said a few pages back - years ago I read the book - Actual Innocence: When Justice Goes Wrong and How to Make it Right, by Barry Scheck. I suggest folks read it. Perhaps they'll be more aware of all the lab errors that happen and how zealous prosecutors have put innocent people behind bars, all to get a 'win'. This is why, IMHO, evidence in a case like this has to be absolute. And I'm not seeing any absolute evidence.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

FlyersFan

eletheia
See . . . that is thousands of miles away from the actual crime scene,

Does that change the facts about the faulty 'evidence'?
Does that change the facts about the corrupt prosecution?

I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of Italian justice.
(heck .. I wouldn't want to be on the end of American justice either)
Not when Italy throws scientists in jail for 'not predicting earthquakes'. Ya' know?

This is not evidence of some sort of guilt?

Kercher murder: Sollecito found near Austria border www.bbc.co.uk...

Italian police have found Raffaele Sollecito near the Austrian border after a court reinstated his guilty verdict for the murder of Briton Meredith Kercher in 2007. Sollecito's passport was confiscated but his lawyer said his client had never thought of fleeing.

The travel ban on Sollecito was part of the verdict handed down by the court in Florence on Thursday. The court noted that there was a "real and actual the danger that Sollecito could escape Italian justice". He is free to move within Italy until the verdict is confirmed, normally the task of the supreme Court of Cassation. Lawyers for both Knox and Sollecito have said they will appeal to the Court of Cassation. Sollecito had been in the courtroom in Florence earlier in the day on Thursday but was not there for the ruling. Police reportedly found Sollecito with his girlfriend in a hotel in Venzone, about 40km (24 miles) from the Austrian border and also close to Slovenia, in the early hours of Friday. Venzone is 322km from Florence.

A police statement read: "Raffaele Sollecito... was notified of the cautionary measures of the travel ban and the confiscation of his passport."

He was taken voluntarily to a police station in Udine.

Apparently when Sollecito attempts to flee you give him a pass, but when O.J. did something similar in 1994 you condemned him for it...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
An interesting blog here to do with it all.

www.allthingscrimeblog.com...

BTW I can't believe they have a facebook page (AK and RS) and people are calling the Kercher family scumbags and such for wanting justice for Meredith.
Looks like to me the publicist the Knox family hired to paint knox as sweetness and light has worked...(Who hires a publicist in this position if not guilty?).
edit on 3-2-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

No not already fully addressed ......

There is speculation that it is not necessary for a knife to go right up to

the hilt to cause wounds and damage, and it could quite easily have only

gone in partially

And yes the cells on the knife handle could be because Amanda Knox had

cooked with it . . . but answer me this Why then was Meredith's DNA

found on the blade end of that very same knife??

I also get the idea that the US media's reporting which you keep quoting from

is far from neutral and definitely biased toward the innocence of Amanda Knox.

Whereas the reporting of other medias ie Italy and the UK among others seems

much more middle of the road and less biased.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

boymonkey74
I can't believe they have a facebook page (AK and RS) and people are calling the Kercher family scumbags and such for wanting justice for Meredith.

Whoever is running those is disgusting. You never know who puts up facebook pages like that. In the past, both Knox and her ex-boyfriend have expressed sympathy for the family of the victim. The facebook page sounds just the opposite of previous statements issued. But at any rate ... 'YIKES" to the facebook page. Wow.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

No it does not change FACTS . . . IF indeed they are facts?

However for evidence I, and I should imagine most people are more

likely to believe someone who was actually there on the spot, than

biased reporting from someone miles away!?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

eletheia
a knife to go right up to the hilt to cause wounds and damage, and it could quite easily have only gone in partially

In the whole way .. in partially ... bottom line is it doesn't fit.

Why then was Meredith's DNA found on the blade end of that very same knife??

There wasn't any. Check the links I gave.

I also get the idea that the US media's reporting which you keep quoting from is far from neutral and definitely biased toward the innocence of Amanda Knox.

Funny ... most of the reporting here has shown the Italian media to be 'far from neutral and definitely biased toward the guilt of Amanda Knox'.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Heck did you see the sun (rag newspaper) after the verdict? I expected impartial journalism but heck they went right for knox calling her guilty.
(Still think she is though
).

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

eletheia
I should imagine most people are more likely to believe someone who was actually there on the spot, than
biased reporting from someone miles away!?

I should imagine most people are more likely to believe facts, rather than a (proven) corrupt prosecutors 'good word' that what he is presenting to a judge is actually reliable.

I guess it comes down to this ... you have decided to accept the information coming out of the Italian prosecutors office. I have decided to accept the information that the prosecutors office screwed up. And as I said, after having read 'Actual Innocence', I now take a very hard look at all 'evidence' before passing judgement on someone for something like this. Too many people have been railroaded into a false 'guilty' verdict in order to satisfy the 'gotta' win' mentality of a prosecutor. Im not seeing hard evidence of guilt.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

She might be ... but I"m just not seeing the evidence that proves it.
No solid evidence = not guilty. IMHO.
And quick verdicts based on 'she's a witch and doesn't flush poop' ... that is unsettling.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

NickDC202
Apparently when Sollecito attempts to flee you give him a pass, but when O.J. did something similar in 1994 you condemned him for it...

That's a lie. Knock it off.
- I have said NOTHING about Sollecito. Not a darn thing.
- I have not given anyone a 'free pass' about any alleged 'attempt to flee'.
- I wasn't even on these boards in 1994 so you have no idea what I said or didnt' say about OJ Simpson.

The topic - Amanda Knox found guilty (again) in Italian Court.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

FlyersFan
If I see conclusive evidence of guilt, I'll gladly accept it.
So far ... I"m not seeing it.

It's all good. I've spoken for the deceased ... not here to participate in ganging up on the lone remaining voice from the opposition.

Out.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join