It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher murder.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Here you go!!

ETA: Since your request is at the bottom of the page ... you may wanna edit your support request out now.
edit on 3112014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Haha thanks. Awesome song.. so fitting too.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

What is all this feeling BS?

I don't think it matters one iota what any of us feel. Justice doesn't have feelings.

Justice examines facts, and not one other thing. Feelings are for witch hunts and media trials, which don't resemble justice in the least.

Facts. That's all that matters. Not how you feel.

I am sure you would understand the importance of facts if you realized how many people in the past were killed for being witches but were not any such thing. But, their murderers sure "felt" they were guilty.

BTW, the murderer is in jail, you know... the one who was covered in the victims blood and whose fingerprints were everywhere.
edit on 1-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its not anyone trying to redefine the law. That provision in the treaty, the one Italy signed that says we, the US, refuse to extradite in the case of double jeopardy, is the only point here. And without any new evidence on the Italian courts part, then it IS double jeopardy.

Treaty's like this keep Americans safe from injustice while they are abroad. This provision is one that if the United States goes back on and ignores and accepts a double jeopardy case, then they just let down every single American who would ever like to travel abroad.

I for one would prefer to know my government will uphold their promises on treaty's and to me, and one of their promises to me as a citizen of the United States is that they will keep me safe from being tried continuously in other countries in double jeopardy cases.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Aleister

But according to the Italian courts it was them also. Shouldn't the US justice system respect their findings and help extradite her?.
She has been tried (again) and found guilty, in my book she is a murderer.

Italian courts are some of the most corrupt in the world. If anything, they let them convict once she left just to save face from the media debacle that ensued previously.

I seriously doubt an extradition. I think at this point, it's all politics.

One of Mignini's witnesses against Knox was Antonio Curalato, a homeless anarchist who slept on a bench near Knox's house. He testified on who was near the house that night, and he also remembered seeing a party bus on the night of the killing. Burleigh's book shows that that bus was not scheduled to run on the night of Kercher's death.

Curalato turned out to be a serial witness and heroin addict whom the police had persuaded to testify in two other murder cases.

***** It's not just that Knox was falsely accused. It's that her entire life was ruined in the process, in the most vindictive and sexist way possible. At one point, Burleigh reveals, a police official posing as a doctor informed Knox she had HIV, and asked her to name all her previous sexual partners so they could be alerted to the risk. She did so, and only found out later that it was a trick — the Italian cops just wanted to know about her sex life. (Her boyfriend at the time, Raffaele Sollecito, was also eventually acquitted of aiding in Kercher's murder.)

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 1-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Neither of us are lawyers. Neither of us works in the court system of Italy or the United States, do we? I haven't read the transcripts of these proceedings in Italy. Have you? I don't know the case like the Judges and Court members in Italy do...and I doubt anyone here does unless they attended the trial over there.

We can argue this with nothing gained and nothing changed for weeks...or just agree that courts will be deciding this and those who will be fighting it have already outlined that treaty and that specific part of it as at least one factor to be decided.

We can state she's innocent all day long ...and it makes -0- difference to anyone, anywhere. Simply put, this is a matter between nations and it'll have to be settled between nations. It's far beyond guilt or innocence of one girl in a murder since she came back and split the Italian process the way it has been. It's made a mess....but again, a mess the United States and Italian Supreme Courts will almost certainly be the final word on, for both nations.

I'm not sure how much more there is to debate in legal, not emotional terms. Emotionally speaking tho? There is also a victim here, and that victim also has a family. The Italian process isn't over...and they deserve as much as seeing it though, IMO.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

celticniall
reply to post by Kryties

.......innocent cos the US media says so.....

she is guilty and most people outside the US can see that.

Yes that is the actions of a guilt person, trying to escape....why do you think Knox didnt go back if she was so sure of her innocence? cos she isnt innocent.

I'm outside the US and I emphatically believe they are innocent, so what does that say about your little theory?

Oh and Sollecito wasn't trying to escape, the media specifically said he was found NEAR the border but said nothing about him trying to escape. Methinks you are only reading what you want to read and dismissing any other information that doesn't point to their guilt.

As to your ridiculous theory that they are guilty because Knox didn't return to Italy - that can just as easily be explained by them not wanting to be jailed for something they didn't do by a known corrupt system hell bent on jailing them anyway.
edit on 1/2/2014 by Kryties because: DYAC

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

alldaylong
A statement was made that in America people are not put into prison without solid evidence.
I showed that was complete nonsense.

That's how it's SUPPOSED to work here. People aren't tossed in jail because of 'the look I think I see in her eyes' ... or because the tabloid press comes up with cute nicknames like foxy-knoxy. It's SUPPOSED to be based on evidence. And there was no evidence to support any kind of conviction with Knox. NONE.

But to you that's just fine and dandy because the USA, on occasion, has miscarriages of justice.
So why not just have miscarriages of justice everywhere and not try to follow the rules of evidence.
Right? /sarcasm

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Snarl
What I do care about is that the family of Meredith Kercher won't get to see justice prevail.

The man who was proven to have done this is in jail. He was convicted on solid evidence.
He even apologized to the family for having done the crime. The family has justice.
Putting Knox in jail for a crime she evidently didn't commit would NOT be justice.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The courts will be deciding this, yes... but I as an American citizen will have an absolute distrust of my government ever protecting me if they allow a double jeopardy case to be tried against an American. It's in the treaty for a reason.

To me, I don't care if she is guilty, nor do I care if she is innocent. What matters here, are facts of the treaty, and the fact of the case. She was acquitted. It is now in the realm of double jeopardy.

And THAT is all that matters. Not what anyone "feels"

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

That's just it... Did she get acquitted and have the process actually end at that point and then restart (as it does do in our system for trial to appeal) or is this an ongoing process in Italy? That is the technical point as I understand it here. If Italy's system for murder convictions is supposed to be a multi-level....then is it double jeopardy when the process never actually ended for a 'final' judgement?

Perhaps it IS time we, as a nation, look back over these treaties for updating as needed to how values have shifted. They haven't shifted in major ways, but this is a real good example. What was a pretty cold and unforgiving approach in international affairs right over the top of the individual in the 80's...when that treaty was written...is definitely not how it is now, 30 years later.

Unfortunately, it is that 30 year old mindset/approach and language they'll have to challenge and win if it comes to that. Who knows tho.....if there is a whole new level for her case now, she may still end up acquitted...isn't that right? (I'm almost lost with how the Italian system works here)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

My understanding is that it was an actual acquittal.

I don't see why we would need as a nation to reevaluate these treaties and reword them. Exactly what are you wanting to see changed in treaties like this?

I don't see any problem with the wording of this treaty to be honest, and I am unclear what you are seeing as incorrect or that should be changed.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Snarl

BTW, the murderer is in jail, you know... the one who was covered in the victims blood and whose fingerprints were everywhere.

You mean you're satisfied when one person goes to jail for the death of another? And the collaborators get to walk? Pin the whole thing on the black guy and wash the rest of it away (like her bloody shoe prints at the scene)?

Why do you think there were three primary defendants? Why do you think the US didn't send in the cavalry during the four years Ms. Knox spent behind bars as a guest of the Italian penal system?

Do ya think OJ was innocent? What about Casey Anthony? Did you know Jodi Aria has over 80,000 Twitter followers?

I'm not caught up in the drama of this thing. Just expressing my opinion. Thanks for yours!!

-Cheers

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If Knox is forced to go back to Italy to be put in prison by the American government, then Americans will think twice before going over to Italy and spending their tourist money. We'd know we aren't safe from a mob mentality ruled corrupt legal system over there and it'll turn some folks off to travel (and spending $$ in Italy). If Knox can be treated like this ... any of us can. I would hope our laws would protect Americans from retrial after retrial by foreign gov'ts until they get the verdict that they like. Thank goodness our laws here protect us from this kind of process.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Americans ought to consider that whether Knox is extradited or not. Knox is lucky she's still not behind bars over there. Their justice system may be dorked up for charging her in the first place ... but it dorked up just as bad in letting her go.

Who knows ... maybe two wrongs make a right in Italy. LOL

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Snarl
You mean you're satisfied when one person goes to jail for the death of another? And the collaborators get to walk? Pin the whole thing on the black guy and wash the rest of it away (like her bloody shoe prints at the scene)?

No one 'pinned it' on the black guy. The EVIDENCE proved he did it. And he apologized to the family for the murder. He's the murderer and he's in jail for it.

There is no evidence that Knox collaborated.

There was no 'Knox bloody shoe print'. That was tabloid press lies and proven wrong by forensic testing.

Stop reading tabloids. Read the facts.

Seattle News

“CSI technique leads Italian police to bloody footprint in Foxy Knoxy’s bedroom,” Britain’s sleazy Daily Mail once claimed. Until recently, even Wikipedia insisted that police had found bloody, luminol-revealed footprints in the “house of horrors.” Prosecutors claimed the prints were “compatible” with the feet of U.S. college student Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, the ex-lovers convicted of the murder of Meredith Kercher. Their alleged co-conspirator, petty burglar Rudy Guede, left bloody shoeprints from the victim’s bedroom to the front door.

Yet investigators had tested the luminol footprints for blood and found them lacking, a truth carefully hidden from December 17, 2007 (when they were collected) until September 2009, when defense expert Sarah Gino outed the negative test during the trial that led to Knox and Sollecito’s conviction. Even now “bloody footprints” are the Knox case’s most persistent urban legend.

“Luminol identified nine prints in the cottage, but none were derived from blood,” notes Oggi investigative reporter Maria D’Alia in The Crime of Perugia: The Other Truth, a refreshingly fact-based book on the Knox case.

edit on 2/1/2014 by FlyersFan because: spacing

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

People like OJ got their day in court. Nothing else matters. If the court system found him innocent then it matters not what the court of public opinion says.

One of the great things about America is our justice system. That all facts will be heard in cases, and facts alone. Not what anyone's opinion might be.

In some instances it seems to have fault, but I would rather take a tiny bit of fault and a lot of justice over a lot of injustice any day of the week. And the fact is, the greatest injustice to any man is the court of public opinion.

That is why witches were once burned at the stake.
edit on 1-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

if they had nothing to do with it then why the false alibi's and holes in their stories? do you believe the whole marijuana amnesia story?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Stop reading tabloids. Read the facts.

I don't read any tabloids. -giggle-

I do like ATS!!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Snarl
I don't read any tabloids.

Theeeeeeeeeen ... where'dya get the fake bloody shoe print story thing?

I do like ATS!!

It's early for booze but I'll join you in a cyber beer.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join