It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher murder.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Love - for the family and the victim!

This international case I have loosely followed since it's announcement and
their has been a serious case of miscarriage of justice - but to whom is
still the question needing answered.

Amanda has been portrayed as a victim and a killer with yet another
court case ahead of her to prove her innocence or guilt, which by effect
will quell the case.

Is she a victim herself or does she carry the same guilt as O.J. did?
(didn't ACTUALLY do it, but guilty just the same)

The additional court procedures will this time I believe show a different side to
all including Italy's judicial system.

The extradition procedure will be allowed to proceed but (you heard it here first)
miss Knox will quietly 'disappear' with the help of her family.

Myself - I have NOT chosen her innocence or guilt until the final verdict as
their very well could be new evidence showing such guilt as the Italian authorities
seem to think.

What I do find curious regarding miss Knox's unorthedox behavior during questioning is her
complete lack of shock towards her room mates demise.

As someone whom has spent more than enough time behind bars -
being locked up with killers shows you just the same personality as miss Knox did...
they are disassociated with reality!

Seriously - think about it...killers kill, they are different than the rest of the population.
They generally show NO remorse and act out after a murder as if they had just came from
a birthday party or some meaningless event.

Is Amanda guilty?
She has not admitted to this crime - but her body language is completely suspicious.

I await the outcome - unless as I've stated...with the help of her family, Amanda disappears.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Answer me one question

Why did Knox lie? First she told Police that she was in the apartment where the murder took place on the night it occurred
She then changed her story and said she was somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

When did she originally claim she was in the apartment, when she was being interrogated in a language she wasn't fluent in?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

celticniall
why do you think Knox didnt go back if she was so sure of her innocence? cos she isnt innocent.

Oh please ..... there is no way she should have gone anywhere near that corrupt cesspool of a kangaroo court. No innocent person would trust that. To say she's guilty because she was smart enough not to trust those proven corrupt officials ... well that's just absurd.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Skyfloating
These pedestrian views, stated in an absolute tone, by people who couldnt possibly know whether she is guilty or not...thats the most annoying thing about internet discussion forums.

1 - My position isn't 'pedestrian'. Wanna talk about 'tones' of posts ...

2 - There is no evidence of her guilt. Therefore, innocent unless proven guilty.

3 - She wasnt' proven guilty. She was declared guilty. Big difference.

edit on 1/31/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

redhorse
the poster you targeted here has gone around this mulberry bush several times with facts from the case, and opinions expressed as opinions. *shrug*

Sorry, I have no idea what that means.

I posted information supporting my point that she hasn't been proven guilty.
I posted information showing the prosecutor is corrupt and has tried to put innocent people in jail before this.
I posted information showing the evidence was corrupted.
I posted information from a few different sources stating that the case against Knox is nonexistent.

She spent four years in prison for a crime that there is no evidence she's guilty of.
Not proven guilty = innocent ... IMHO.

Here in America we dont' throw people in jail for the rest of their lives based on 'oooh... the evil look I think I see in their eyes" ... or based on a person doing Yoga in an interrogation room to try to calm down. We put people in jail for solid evidence. In the Knox case, there isn't any.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

eNumbra

When did she originally claim she was in the apartment, when she was being interrogated in a language she wasn't fluent in?

Then by the same assumption how did she suddenly become fluent to change her story?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

FlyersFan

redhorse
the poster you targeted here has gone around this mulberry bush several times with facts from the case, and opinions expressed as opinions. *shrug*

Here in America we dont' throw people in jail for the rest of their lives based on 'oooh... the evil look I think I see in their eyes" ... or based on a person doing Yoga in an interrogation room to try to calm down. We put people in jail for solid evidence. In the Knox case, there isn't any.

Utter bollocks.

Here is a list of American miscarriages of justice.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It seems to me we're all getting lost in details to end up missing the forest for all those ugly trees in the way

Whether she did it or not is not a US concern. On a personal level, I'm pretty skeptical that she did it too...but again, that's not relevant or important. Apparently, her case still has a whole additional level to go through too, so extradition isn't the issue now...but when/if Italy makes a formal request for it? I think it DOES come down to law, but it's not guilt or innocence law. It's international law and treaty.

The U.S. does have a specific and individual treaty with Italy on extradition and it's pretty specific in terms, too. Near as I've been able to determine, this one is what currently applies.

Italy - United States Extradition Treaty / Oct 13, 1983

This should open to the right page with the Archives embedded reader, not having to start a browser one. If not, page 571 is where the English language text to the treaty is and it's immediately followed by the same treaty in Italian.

Double Jeopardy seems the main concern and that's Article VI.

Now the US can always get caught up in the 'Justice' within the Italian Justice system but there is something real important to consider in the old saying about rocks and glass houses, IMO.

We can certainly exit the treaty, but if one of the terms for exception doesn't cover it in this case? I don't think we can disregard a basic extradition treaty on perception of verdicts....lest it be done to US on every case in the future with reverse circumstances.

Add to that...no US citizen will ever likely be allowed out of Italian Custody (at least) again, for much of anything, if this goes badly for having sent her home on agreement of returning...(as I understand the terms when she left) and she doesn't return. Future Americans won't appreciate that much, I'm sure.

This is an allied nation and a friend...not an enemy or even adversary. Treaties are very serious things...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

alldaylong

FlyersFan

redhorse

Utter bollocks.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wait... I thought one of your major points was that we should trust the judicial system and their guilty verdict. So, miscarriages of justice do occur, it would seem. Go figure.

So, maybe... Just maybe she isn't guilty...?

Oh wait... You would convict her on her "guilty eyes", but since miscarriages of justice occur in the U.S. then that is... alright...? I'm confused here.

It seems like you are just grabbing onto whatever straw you think will help convince you of her guilt as you think of them willy-nilly.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And she was acquitted of the crime.

They cannot now go back on that, it is double jeopardy. They tried her, she appealed the verdict and was acquitted. That's it without the introduction of new evidence.

She was acquitted and released in 2011, without any limitations.
edit on 31-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
How anyone could take these incompetent, flagrantly insane psychopaths seriously is beyond my comprehension. Put a robe on a douche bag and color him "your honor". What a disgusting sham. Shame on Italy and shame shame on anyone who deny the real evidence.
edit on 31-1-2014 by kazanoom because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2014 by kazanoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

redhorse

alldaylong

FlyersFan

redhorse

Utter bollocks.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wait... I thought one of your major points was that we should trust the judicial system and their guilty verdict. So, miscarriages of justice do occur, it would seem. Go figure.

So, maybe... Just maybe she isn't guilty...?

Oh wait... You would convict her on her "guilty eyes", but since miscarriages of justice occur in the U.S. then that is... alright...? I'm confused here.

It seems like you are just grabbing onto whatever straw you think will help convince you of her guilt as you think of them willy-nilly.

Did you actually read what i was replying to?

A statement was made that in America people are not put into prison without solid evidence.

I showed that was complete nonsense.

It had no bearing on Knox. In my mind she is guilty as charged.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They cannot now go back on that, it is double jeopardy. They tried her, she appealed the verdict and was acquitted. That's it without the introduction of new evidence.

They can go back on it.
This is Italy, not The US. You need to get your head around that. US law is not the law of the world, don't you know?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
She won't be sent back,and rightfully so...I don't like are current U.S judicial system,but it's stellar compared to Italy's "keep trying them until they're guilty"..The real outrage should be about the corrupt Italian pervert prosecutor..

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

alldaylong

OpinionatedB
reply to

They can go back on it.
This is Italy, not The US. You need to get your head around that. US law is not the law of the world, don't you know?

True, but if the court deciding whether or not Amanda determines that to send her back to Italy would violate basic US law principles then they probably won't send her back. There have been numerous instances of other countries refusing to extradite murderers back to the USA until they were given promises that they would not face the death penalty.
edit on pm3031pm30America/Chicago by azdaze because: correcting typo

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Why go back? Just so they can railroad you again?

I watched several documentaries on this case, and the evidence is well weak to put it politely. The Italian public and media found decided she was guilty basically because she kissed her boyfriend for 0.5 seconds too long. Nonsense.

Just Stay out of Italy Amanda, they are all looking to save face, these types hate to be wrong.

This is the type of stuff that scares the crap out of me when I think of travelling abroad as an American.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think this case is indicative on how segments of society (crossing cultural boundaries) view women accused of crimes and it is alarming. There is a subconscious mistrust of women when they are accused of crimes, especially of this nature, that they are sinister it reminds me of the witch trials. I think that as a society we need to address this. Just look at the posts here and elsewhere and we see references such as "look at her eyes" and "she looks guilty" and "she was kissing her bf at the court" etc. I think we have a long way to go to see exactly why this occurs. It seems like some type of quirk in human nature.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Harvin because: added quote marks

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Amanda Knox is so afraid that she will be extradited to Italy, she has gone into hiding

in the Good Morning America studio.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The Treaty between Italy and the United States clearly states we will NOT extradite in the case of a double jeopardy. Italy signed the treaty, for Italy to even ask the US for extradition would be a violation on their part.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join