It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher murder.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A court in Italy has reinstated the guilty verdicts against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito for the murder of UK student Meredith Kercher in 2007.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well the courts have decided that she and her ex are guilty..so should she go back and face the music? Will the Italians ask for her to be extradited? should the US authorities hand her over If they ask?.

Lets not forget that Meredith Kercher was killed in a brutal attack and the Italians at least think Knox and her ex did it.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sadly she got away with murder.

Here's hoping hell is real....

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

No way she'll be sent to Italy, or of course go voluntarily, the case was a sham from day one. Her ex-boyfriend stayed, and was ordered to surrender his passport (so he's not back in prison?).

From your source:

Sollecito was ordered to surrender his passport. Extradition proceedings against Ms Knox, who refused to return to Italy for the case, may now begin.

Thursday's fresh appeal hearing was ordered by Italy's highest court, the supreme court in Rome.

It had found that the 2011 appeal - which acquitted the pair - was flawed.

The court in Florence heard from Knox's defence team in the morning, before the two judges and eight jurors retired to deliberate on a verdict.

edit on 30-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

boymonkey74
.so should she go back and face the music?

No. She spent four years in jail for a crime she didn't commit. She was convicted on gossip and anti-American bias in the newspapers there. Nothing more. Looking at the facts of the case, it's really insane that she was charged at all.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Didn't she say before that she would not go back? I guess that meant voluntarily.
I wonder if they will expedite her?

My heart goes out to the victims family. This has been drug out far to long, with no "real" justice for them.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That is your opinion. Not fact.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

chiefsmom

My heart goes out to the victims family. This has been drug out far to long, with no "real" justice for them.

They had justice, the murderer was tried and convicted. It just wasn't Knox or her former boyfriend.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

But according to the Italian courts it was them also. Shouldn't the US justice system respect their findings and help extradite her?.
She has been tried (again) and found guilty, in my book she is a murderer.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Nah, she's as clean as the new fallen snow-cones in mid- America. The case was brought on next to no evidence, the prosecutor is a known harasser and someone who makes up stories (see Douglas Preston's book, he almost had Preston charged with a serious crime if I recall), and she was already released as not-guilty (how many swings at the ball do they get?).

en.wikipedia.org... Wikipedia page on Douglas Preston.

Preston has criticized the conduct of Italian prosecutor Giuliano Mignini in the trial of American student Amanda Knox, one of three convicted of the murder of British student Meredith Kercher in Perugia in 2007. In April 2009, Preston appeared in a segment of ''48 Hours'' on [[CBS]], in which he argued that the case against Knox was "based on lies, superstition, and crazy conspiracy theories". In December 2009, after the verdict had been announced, he appeared on ''Anderson Cooper 360°'' on CNN and described his own interrogation by Mignini. Preston said of Mignini, "this is a very abusive prosecutor. He makes up theories. He's ... obsessed with satanic sex".

+5 more 
link   

Jefferton

Um ... no.

The fact is that the 'facts' in Italy were nothing more than gossip and it wouldn't have held up in an American court of law ... that's how flimsy the so called 'evidence' in the Italian case was.

Amanda Knox was Railroaded ... CBS News

Huffington Post - The Bizarre Pursuit of Amanda Knox

As I show in The Annals of Unsolved Crime, there was not a scintilla of evidence that placed her at the murder scene. Nor was there a witness. The case proceeded from a wild theory of prosecutor Giuliano Mignini that she was a "she devil." The same prosecutor had previously made a fool of himself in the so-called "Monster of Florence" case by blaming a non-existent satanic cult for the suicide of a Perugian doctor, and was now trying to redeem himself by spinning another Satanic cult crime.

link   

boymonkey74
Will the Italians ask for her to be extradited? should the US authorities hand her over If they ask?

The US constitution protects Amanda Knox from being extradited. Specifically, the 5th Amendment "...nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb". Knox was acquitted in her retrial; therefore, by US law, she cannot be retried again for the same crime; else it is double jeopardy and a violation of the US constitution.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If we have an extradition treaty then yes she should be forced to go back. The same if any American was over there and we wanted to force them back here. The law is the law. I am on the fence about this case. I have a hard time believing that all of LE over there is that corrupt to frame one female from the USA. Doesn't make any sense.

Edit to add:

Yeah we do have a treaty with them. Which means she will be forced to go back. They can fight it but every murderer I have ever seen in history loses.

en.wikipedia.org...

LeatherNLace
The US constitution protects Amanda Knox from being extradited. Specifically, the 5th Amendment "...nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb". Knox was acquitted in her retrial; therefore, by US law, she cannot be retried again for the same crime; else it is double jeopardy and a violation of the US constitution.

No it does not.

The US-Italy extradition treaty only protects Americans from extradition to face prosecution again in Italy for an offence that has already been dealt with by the US legal system. “This is not applicable in this situation,” said Professor Julian Ku, who teaches transnational law at Hofstra University.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 30-1-2014 by Pimpintology because: of formatting purposes.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I believe she's lied from the outset. And unfortunately I don't think the US will ever hand her over to the Italians.

She's hiding something, IMO there's no doubt of that. I doubt she even had a direct hand in the murder but she sure knows something... Meredith's family deserve to know the whole truth. If she IS withholding any important info and then takes it to her grave then I hope she burns in hell.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Pimpintology
If we have an extradition treaty then yes she should be forced to go back. The same if any American was over there and we wanted to force them back here. The law is the law. I am on the fence about this case. I have a hard time believing that all of LE over there is that corrupt to frame one female from the USA. Doesn't make any sense.

Edit to add:

Yeah we do have a treaty with them. Which means she will be forced to go back. They can fight it but every murderer I have ever seen in history loses.

en.wikipedia.org...

LeatherNLace

No it does not.

The US-Italy extradition treaty only protects Americans from extradition to face prosecution again in Italy for an offence that has already been dealt with by the US legal system. “This is not applicable in this situation,” said Professor Julian Ku, who teaches transnational law at Hofstra University.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Yes it does too. Treaties do not trump the US Constitution.

From the text of the US-Italy Extradition Treaty:

ARTICLE VI
Non Bis in Idem

Extradition shall not be granted when the person sought has been convicted, acquitted or pardoned, or has served the sentence imposed, by the Requested Party for the same acts for which extradition is requested.

www.mcnabbassociates.com...

edit on 30-1-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there's a bounty on this perverted "woman"?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If Knox is innocent then i am a Martian.

Let's hope she gets what she deserves............a long stretch inside.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

And it is your opinion she got away with murder. Not fact.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

She is convicted of murder...that is the fact.
To me it is ok to call her a murderer and call that a fact because she has been convicted in court.
BTW it isn't counted as double jeopardy in her case seeing as it is a continuation of the original trial.
edit on 30-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Jefferton

Flyers Fan has beaten me to the reply, but he is spot on with what he said.

From the hours of interrogations w/o legal presence on her behalf to no direct physical evidence of being the culprit... what else is needed?

Have you read up on the antics of Giuliano Mignini even?

Derek

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

edit on 30-1-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join