It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My encounters with the unknown.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

The Buzzing sound.

Is it almost like a chainsaw in the distance, low roar kind of thing?

Many people hear this type of sound when they are experiencing a "___" trip, and I believe I have read instances where people are meditating and they hear the same thing as thier Kundalini "rises".

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by richisdisturbed

I don't even have a theory on it. I really have no idea what it could be. It is strange that it is seen all over the world.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

QuietSpeech
Many people hear this type of sound when they are experiencing a "___" trip, and I believe I have read instances where people are meditating and they hear the same thing as thier Kundalini "rises".

In Terrence McKenna's book True Hallucinations, 2 brothers experiment with psilicybin and dimethyltryptamine, and associate a low buzzing sound like insects to be a hallmark of the experience. They also associate the sound with a certain internal philosopher's stone, where the drugs and the particular noise, when combined together, lead to certain changes in the body and consiousness. His brother, when exposed to the sound one of the first times, shouts in fear "I don't want to be an insect!" or something like that.

People on Don't Mess w/ Texas report seeing various beings, some of which are said to create reality through language. There may be a link between the hum and this phenomenon too. My fanciful thought is that the sound is linked to the Om in Yogic thought: language becoming reality certainly seems similar to a "sound of creation". Although its also possible that being creating language through sound is entirely a result of a combination of visual hallucination, auditory hallucination, and synesthesia.

Some may write off such notions as nonsense of people on drugs, but I believe such studies give a level of insight into humanity that would otherwise be impossible.
edit on 1/31/1414 by conundrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

QuietSpeech
reply to post by BASSPLYR

The Buzzing sound.

Is it almost like a chainsaw in the distance, low roar kind of thing?

It didn't sound like a chainsaw in all honesty, I don't know how to describe it to be fair - The best way would be to say it sounded like the engine of an 18 wheeler, but much louder. That isn't a perfect analogy, but I don't really know how to describe it any other way.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Logarock

conundrummer

Logarock

Fylgje
Here's yet another account of someone seeing the shadow that wears a top hat.

I've seen the black shadow with a top hat, and sometimes with a cape on. My family has seen that thing many times. It's strange to me that people all over the world see it and describe the exact same thing. Thanks for sharing.

Believe it or not and for whatever its worth to anyone, I have a book, the Harvard collection of Sumerian cylinder seals. There is a figure with.....yes a top hat on one of the seals.

Could you post a picture of this?

I will try. The Top hat guy is seal 1246 as listed in the book.

Some of you guys should order a copy of this book and we can discuss it online. The seals are numbered for reference and are spread out like a sheet for easy viewing. It would be very rewarding if some of us had copies and we could discuss.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Logarock because: n

Did you manage to try & upload a picture, by chance? I haven't had a chance to scour the net for a copy yet, due to time constraints with work & that, but I shall be having a look sometime this weekend.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join