It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Habits of Highly Empathic People

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hmmm. Jeez. Way to take things too serious.
edit on 3-2-2014 by pleasethink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

Not intentionally. If you're being genuine or sarcastic it's hard to tell....

Excuse me; again, I apologize if I misunderstood. It's been a bumpy ride over the last 2 days.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Hey wildtimes!
I'm so sad to see the fighting in this thread.
Seriously, every thread I enjoy lately turns into a freaking brouhaha of arguments and insults.

I checked in (this thread) a couple of days ago, and everyone was kung-fu fighting! I didn't know whether to 'duck and cover', or hit the floor lurking! (lol)

Anyways, back to the topic....have you ever been in a relationship with an empath? I can honestly say 'no' to that question, and would like to find out what you and others have to say!
Here is a cyber *hug* for you....let's get back to our discussion...
jacygirl

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

.have you ever been in a relationship with an empath? I can honestly say 'no' to that question, and would like to find out what you and others have to say!

Well, so far only on here!!

As for the 'evil', 'cold' kind, well yes.
I've had a couple of relationships with takers/users, the sort that can tell us 'vulnerable' ones from across the room and talk us into 'trusting' them.
Dangerous.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

pleasethink
Hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl. Anyways, this is nice and kind. I can appreciate your feelings. I would like to add something if I may. My father was a pastor of a church when I was very little. He was a pastor of a church again right before he died. In between he was a counselor, a hospice worker and a prison outreach counselor. He spent time going from prisoners, to abused children, to people on drugs, and in the end he gave food to homeless people. In fact he held a dinner every Wednesday night and was partially responsible for a food bank where anyone could receive food. I spent most of my life questioning his beliefs, and trying to stump him because I hated God or even the idea of Him. I went to jail, went through massive drug addiction and was a all around bad person. I used to blame this on him all the time. He never stopped reaching out to me. Towards the end of his life he started to wear down physically as he contracted hepatitis c after(or during) his time in Vietnam as a marine. It was towards this time that I realized he was my hero, and I was such a terrible person for giving him the strife I did. He did all this because he believed the Bible. I would give my life to have one minute to tell him I loved him.

That's an amazing story, actually made me cry,I have seen this happen so many times, and i am not sure why, when children have this unexplainable hatred for a parent,

I have a cousin whose daughter hasn't spoken to her for many years and she still doesn't know why.

Sometimes my kids snap at me for the most ridiculous reason, I truly don't get it.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'd like to apologize for gunking up this thread with insults earlier on.

I don't do well with individuals pushing beliefs that I view as causing more harm than good.

That in no way releases my personal responsibility for how I chose to react. I was in the wrong, and apologize.

Bowing out of this thread.

Good day to all.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

webedoomed,
That was good of you to apologize, but you don't have to leave!
Can't we discuss things from all our different perspectives? It doesn't have to turn into an argument.
I'm interested in hearing what other people think/feel/believe without feeling the need to judge.
If we just all sat around nodding, it would kinda be a circle jerk, lol....

I am the way I am, and honestly...I haven't met many other people like me. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out where others are coming from, but I feel less alone when I read posts from like-minded souls.

Argh! I'm sorry. This is NOT a quality post.
My non-empathic partner is talking incessantly at me while I try to type this...like a 4-yr. old wanting Mommy's attention. *sigh*

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

You don't have to leave - although people have gotten adamant, we all have our reasons.
Your apology shows integrity - and to be honest, I'll have to go back through and read the whole thread, because I don't remember who flamed who...

must not have been a big deal, because usually I remember truly offensive posts, and the members who post them.
(Part of being sensitive, I think).

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Where are you?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join