It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief of Police Harassed by Feds, Fired After Signing Pledge to Uphold Constitution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

A police chief was detained and harassed by federal agents while traveling to a constitutional convention before returning home to be told he was fired and ordered to disband his police department after signing a pledge to uphold the bill of rights.
Police Chief Shane Harger of the Jemez Springs, NM Police Department was flying out of Albuquerque Airport last week on his way to a Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) convention taking place in Las Vegas. CSPOA is an organization headed up by Sheriff Richard Mack under which law enforcement officers gather to re-affirm their commitment to uphold and defend the Constitution.
Before passing security, Harger was approached by a TSA agent who asked the police chief to show his credentials. Moments later, a man claiming to be a “federal agent” also asked to see Harger’s credentials before telling him he was a “person of interest.” The federal agent then demanded to know where Harger was traveling to and why.
When Harger told the federal agent he was attending the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association Convention in Las Vegas, he was detained for 35 minutes before finally being allowed to board the airplane.
On Tuesday January 28, a day after his return, Harger was placed on administrative leave and ordered by Sandoval County, NM, Sheriff Douglas C. Wood to disband his entire police department due to his “political affiliations”.

Source Infowars

I call your attention to this little gem: " Harger was placed on administrative leave and ordered by Sandoval County, NM, Sheriff Douglas C. Wood to disband his entire police department due to his “political affiliations”."

Political Affiliations? Really

This is yet another sign that this nation is in deep trouble.

A Brave New World indeed. We are distracted by entertainment and pleasure while behind the scenes the Republic Dies.

Eta more sources

Souce USA Prepares

About the Org he was visiting
edit on 5842014-01-30T12:58:58-06:002014-01-30T12:58:58-06:00fpm1 by SWCCFAN because: Eta more sources

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well, I'll be expecting to see the "Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) convention" all banding together to defend this guy, other wise their Association aint worth a toss.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

This is one reason you don't answer questions to goon TSA or Federal agents without using vague generalities or having a lawyer present. Anything you say will be used against you, in or out of court.

Too bad for the chief, we need all the people we can get who support the Bill of Rights. If he could get that dismissal in writing he would have a court case.
edit on 834pm5050pm12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Since I got off the no fly list I try to avoid flying.

I get questioned every time and I was told if I didn't tell them where I was going to and what I would be doing I would not be allowed to board the A/C with my 5yo son.

Now I choose to make the 2 day drive from northern NV to South MS.

edit on 3242014-01-30T13:10:32-06:002014-01-30T13:10:32-06:00fpm1 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

They already knew the answers before they detained him at the airport.....

Is it a "conspiracy"(?) now that law enforcement officers are being fired for upholding the Constitution?

Would it now make sense that higher ups in the military are being framed up and booted out of the military for refusing to obey unlawful orders?

If this story is factual, then we might as well hang it up as far as expecting the Feds and government to obey and uphold our Constitutional rights! Not to mention, doing the right thing to get our country back on track? I guess the cat is out of the bag that the US government has gone rogue?

Kind of makes sense when you read about leo's murdering and abusing "unlawfully" people and getting away with it.....

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

US border states have two kinds of cops, in my experience : the county sheriff's departments , state police , big-city departments - all suck at the homeland security teat. And, small town departments which don't.

My town ( 3 miles from Mexico ) has no armored vehicles , helicopters , or well-funded paramilitaries. The sheriff's dept. does. These agencies have become whores...

The border ( including New Mexico...I am in Arizona ) is a war zone . In war zones, the local cops are pushed round ( and worse ) just like everybody else.

The sheriff in your post probably doesn't even know he is bordering on treason... probably couldn't picture himself a whore !

Thanks, S/F.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just placed a call to the CSPOA I left a message asking for confirmation about what happen and when they call me back I will ask what they intend to do about it. I will post the results of the call on this thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

I know How it is down there. I picked up a security Contracting Job doing Oil Field Security. A few months ago they had 2 workers killed by the Drug cartel and the local LE does not have the resources to provide security.

Having worked with Emergency Management I have seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears that the federal grants come with strings attached.

Basically if you swear loyalty to the feds they will give you "cool" stuff.

I guess these guys all said thanks but no thanks.
edit on 3942014-01-30T13:29:39-06:002014-01-30T13:29:39-06:00fpm1 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I call BS.

What authority does a county sheriff have to order a police department to disband?

If they have that power this is the first time I have ever heard of it.

I need a better source then InfoWars.
edit on 30-1-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Uh? What?

In what broken down, havent been paying attention to history to get your ranks from world, does a sheriff outrank a Chief? That there is some total and utter bullcrap for a start.

And furthermore, this should be the only news being shown in, or coming out of, the USA, until this man is re-instated. Since when the hell can one police officer order the disbandment of an entire police force? This whole affair sounds like a total crock of crap to me. I hope that the Chief gets all the support in the world from the people he has been trying to protect the persons, property, and rights of.

This here, is damned appalling.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

Actually the Sheriff has that power. He is elected where as the chief was appointed.

The County Sheriff is the Highest elected law man in this country. Even the feds are supposed to ask his permission to operate in his county.

Eta:

Oath keepers link to the story
edit on 2742014-01-30T14:32:27-06:002014-01-30T14:32:27-06:00fpm1 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Another link from The Daily Paul

Its real...

I called an left another message with the CSPOA for their position on this issue.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I see from some comments on infowars that a few people have called in to the city in NM and the guy is not fired.. The entire story might be wrong or mistaken, not sure.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Shane Harger, Police Chief
80 Jemez Springs Plz # B
Jemez Springs, NM 87025

575-829-3345
[email protected]

I called and left a message.

Still no word from the CSPOA...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Alrighty, I have to chime in here. I live in New Mexico and this Shane Harger name rang a big bell. It turns out that he was right in the middle of a murder case involving the wife of a cheating scum APD officer who "committed suicide" (the wife, not the cop).

Here's a story on some of the situation: Linky

He was 'asked' to cooperate with the Levi Chavez legal team. I believe he refused and was subsequently fired from his job as a Valencia County Deputy. The story goes into way more detail about this.

I don't know the veracity of his latest incident with the TSA, but it seems to be that Mr. Harger has had a bounty on his head for quite some time now. Seems that there may be much more to this story than meets the eye. Not sure if it the same Shane Harger, but what are the odds?

As for Levi Chavez, he got away with suiciding his wife. Corruption is deep and strong here in the old west.
edit on 30-1-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ok I called and talked to the PR person for the town.

She said that the Police Chief is new and still in the 6 month probationary period. She said he has not been ordered to disband and even if he was the Sheriff doesn't have the authority. She continued to say they have been receiving harassing phone calls and have been called all kinds of names for sending their cheif to the CSPOA convention.

I thanked her for her time and in the process of contacting the County Sheriffs office for comment.

ETA: The town paid for him to attend the CSPOA meeting.
edit on 0142014-01-30T15:06:01-06:002014-01-30T15:06:01-06:00fpm1 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

UPDATE: Police Chief Shane Harger and Sheriff Richard Mack will both appear on Infowars Nightly News tonight to discuss this story. Harger is meeting with other Jemez Springs law enforcement officials tonight to discuss his position.

Also the Headline changed on infowars to: Chief of Police Harassed by Feds, Placed on Leave After Signing Pledge to Uphold Constitution.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Wait a min. she said they received calls in which people called them nasty names for sending him to a conference relating to upholding the rights of the people?!?!?! WTF is going on with people that makes them angry about this. I am flabbergasted considering most towns and cities I've lived in couldn't give a sh*t about a citizens rights when it conflicts with what they want. I feel like I'm living in that damned movie Idiocracy!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

SWCCFAN

UPDATE: Police Chief Shane Harger and Sheriff Richard Mack will both appear on Infowars Nightly News tonight to discuss this story. Harger is meeting with other Jemez Springs law enforcement officials tonight to discuss his position.

Also the Headline changed on infowars to: Chief of Police Harassed by Feds, Placed on Leave After Signing Pledge to Uphold Constitution.

Sounds like the towns legal team as well as the PR team stepped in and notified those in charge of the sh*t storm they would cause by removing him. Maybe the FEDs gave the order not caring how it faired for the mayor or whoever, but once the scope of the blowback was determined they tried to soften their position a bit.
edit on 30-1-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I won't be able to watch, so an update after would be cool. Let us know if the Chavez case comes up and if they think that has any bearing on his 'selection' by TSA. You never know what kind of interagency affiliations corrupt people weave.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join