It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't navigate ATS via Mozilla Firefox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My current browser is Google Chrome, and I'm having no problems.

But when I switch to Firefox (which I prefer), I can't use ATS properly.

I can see the posts but can't see the avatars and can't post.

The 'myATS' button doesn't work, it keeps bringing up 'forums'.

If I try to access my profile, I just get "Error. No member specified."

Yet it allows me to see my list of posts and threads.

I'm logged in but can't log out.

What gives?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I'm running Firefox just fine. What OS are you using and which version of Firefox? Try clearing your cache, that might help.

Link on how to do this: support.mozilla.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You should use Opera. That's what I use, don't have to worry about Google monitoring everything you view on the internet as well as the weird bugs that firefox seems to generate.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Windows Vista 32-bit.

Firefox 26.0

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Update your java and flash plug-in(not active-x).

Clear your cache, as suggested.

Check any add-ons you are using.

I run Firefox on ATS, almost exclusively at this point.

Also, run a good junkware program, such as "ADWCleaner". You can get it here Save to desktop>right-click>run as administrator.

edit on 1/30/2014 by Klassified because: links

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Firefox works fine for me.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I had that problem once, but can't remember how i rectified it. Fairly sure i cleared the cache, which resulted in everything being fixed up...

Good luck

edit on 30-1-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Those all sound like how ATS works when you aren't logged in. Silly question, but are you sure that you're logged in with Firefox? Being logged in with Chrome doesn't log you in with a different browser.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
You should use Opera. That's what I use, don't have to worry about Google monitoring everything you view on the internet as well as the weird bugs that firefox seems to generate.

Your isp does that!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Okay, I've deleted the cache - no joy.

Would uninstalling then reinstalling Firefox help?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Okay, not sure if this may be the problem, couple of weeks ago I downloaded mozzilla from the official site, somehow when I clicked on the address bar a dropdown page appeared for add-ons, the list had bing, google, some other stuff but I declined and moved on, somehow I picked up malware called conduit, it is a virus, I know because I spent last four days trying to get rid of it. It is a search engine browser hacker, it has been hacking IE, Google Chrome, Mozzilla but predominantly Mozzilla, it sends pages elsewhere, and redirects files and info. You may not have it and it could be as others posters say, just not logged in properly. Check your address/url search bar after you search something/anything on your regular search bar on mozzilla, look in the address bar to see if it says conduit anywhere in there, if it does, post back here, i never installed the bugger and it actually made itself my default browser, blocked my windows security, and tried to stop me from entering my computer in safemode. Its a bad one! In the mean time, good luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There's no logical reason for this. ATS works perfectly well with Firefox (and in my case Waterfox, a 64-bit variant). It really does sound like you aren't logged in, but a real possibility is that an addon or extension is causing this. Start Firefox in safe mode, see if that fixes the problem, then reintroduce addons/extensions one by one.

Then again, if it works in Chrome, why worry? Just stick to that.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SummerLightning

I'm logged in all right, in fact I can't log out!

BTW, Firefox works perfectly well on every other site, it's just ATS.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

CJCrawley
Okay, I've deleted the cache - no joy.

Would uninstalling then reinstalling Firefox help?

Hmm, i think you should uninstall/reinstall. That should most definitely fix your problem. When you do, just make sure you backup or record your bookmarks and add-ons.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Right.

I'm officially confused.

I deleted the cache - didn't work.

I uninstalled then reinstalled Firefox - didn't work.

I'm using IE right now, so that works.

I know GC works...and I suspect any browser works.

It's just MFF.

Why doesn't that work?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Well, i'm out of ideas, lol. I swear i had the same problem as you (on MFF as well), but the things you tried, actually worked for me...

Maybe you should send some messages to the mods/admins, if possible. See if they have any ideas?

Sorry i can't be of more help.

Daas.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that my husband was trying to make an account and thanks to this post he could make it ( sign up doesn't work on firefox apparently)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Delete all cookies associated with ATS within your Firefox browser. I had this same exact issue last night and I just fixed it via cookie deletion.

top topics

join