It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It Just Keeps Running and Running"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

There is a tiny electric motor that rotates the mirror. So it isn't possible to do without electricity altogether? The inventor signals his disagreement. "Eight milliamperes at nine volts", he says. That is only a control mechanism. The power at the shaft is much greater. Engel also thought about a mechanical drive for the mirror directly from the rotor shaft, but opted against this as it would considerably increase mechanical complexity.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I'm just trying to clarify "the laws of physics."

I'm not a physicist either. There are these laws they have coined that are the basis of every "known" barrier that exists.

If I am allowed to say it like that.

Link

These laws are so far, immutable. That means unbreakable.

It doesn't mean though, that when we broke the sound barrier we broke the laws of Physics.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

Thank you, an expert to the rescue.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Mary Rose
Hasslberger also posted this YouTube video . . .

Sterling Allan has posted this comment about the URL published in that video:

[Note: the Magniwork url is a pirating of
to promote a scam set of plans. This engine has been developed by Zahid Kaleem from Karachi, Pakistan. . . . ]

Directory:Thomas Engel's Magnet Motor

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

the link says that the 'mirror' disk must be rotated. What rotates it? Where does that power come from?

Too bad (or convenient) we can't ask the inventor that, huh?

The mysterious connection of a "mirror" and what light(?) has to do with this "invention".

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The motor under the table that spins up the disk of magnets runs on several amps of AC. This one definitely puts in more work than it gets out.

Good example from the Charlatans.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by oblvion

Thank you, an expert to the rescue.

Just off the top of my head this is an "over unity" device, which is one that "creates" energy from nothing, breaks at least a couple of the laws of thermodynamics.

law of thermodynamics
n
1. (General Physics) any of three principles governing the relationships between different forms of energy. The first law of thermodynamics (law of conservation of energy) states that the change in the internal energy of a system is equal to the sum of the heat added to the system and the work done on it. The second law of thermodynamics states that heat cannot be transferred from a colder to a hotter body within a system without net changes occurring in other bodies within that system; in any irreversible process, entropy always increases. The third law of thermodynamics (Nernst heat theorem) states that it is impossible to reduce the temperature of a system to absolute zero in a finite number of steps

2. (General Physics) Also called: zeroth law of thermodynamics the principle that if two bodies are each in thermal equilibrium with a third body then the first two bodies are in thermal equilibrium with each other

www.thefreedictionary.com...

In short, if this thing could make more energy than was put into it, it would be like GOD creating somthing from nothing.

This is an impossibilty as we understand the universe at present, and these laws are the basis for all of our technologies. So I would say we have a pretty good grasp of them.
edit on 2014bThursdayv5720141 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So the earths magnetism will stop finally? is that what happened to mars?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
More from the translation of the German article:

Mr. Engel is convinced that his machine uses the enormous energy which is inherent in quanta, those inconceivably small components of atoms which were first described by the physicist Max Planck in the early part of the last century. He therefore calls his machine an "quantum deviation apparatus". Somethings are still unclear, also for the inventor himself. Somewhere in Germany, a businessman has a second such motor at his company, which runs with 1200 RPM. The man called some days ago he says, and recounted that, when the motor was covered with an acrylic hood, its rotational speed diminished. Engel does not know the reason for this.

The expression "quantum motor" brings some bad associations with it, since some cheats, about a decade ago, used that name to collect money for a machine which never materialized. Engel's motor is quite different from that, apart from a similarity in the description. The inventor does not need money. He says he wants to give away the motor because mankind needs affordable energy. It has to be further developed until some years in the future, we will be making electricity with it in the basements of our housing units.

blog.hasslberger.com...

Also, regarding the inventor:

This one was honored in 1972 with the prestigious Rudolf Diesel Medal for inventors, he has well over a hundred patents to his name and has been lecturing at universities all over the world.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

pikestaff
So the earths magnetism will stop finally? is that what happened to mars?

Yes indeed it is, with no magnetic shield the solar wind just blew its entire atmosphere off into space, as the surface pressure dropped, all the water evaporated quickly, now there is no water ( we know of) and basically no atmosphere, there is one, it is just about the same as on earth at like 50,000 feet.

This all occured because Mars is so much smaller so cant insulate its core like Earth, and ( we believe at present) there is alot less uranium to keep its core warm enough to stay molten.

Once Earth's uranium has decayed into lead, or at least enough to generate less heat than needed to keep the iron core molten and liquid, the earth's magnetic shield will fail, and the solar wind will strip off our atmosphere as well, causing the water to evaporate quickly as it is under such low pressure, and the earth will be barren and lifeless in only a couple million years after the core solidifies.

OP sorry for going off topic, but it is a science thread, and he was asking a science question.
edit on 2014bThursdayv1820141 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Mary Rose
More from the translation of the German article:

Mr. Engel is convinced that his machine uses the enormous energy which is inherent in quanta, those inconceivably small components of atoms which were first described by the physicist Max Planck in the early part of the last century. He therefore calls his machine an "quantum deviation apparatus". Somethings are still unclear, also for the inventor himself. Somewhere in Germany, a businessman has a second such motor at his company, which runs with 1200 RPM. The man called some days ago he says, and recounted that, when the motor was covered with an acrylic hood, its rotational speed diminished. Engel does not know the reason for this.

The expression "quantum motor" brings some bad associations with it, since some cheats, about a decade ago, used that name to collect money for a machine which never materialized. Engel's motor is quite different from that, apart from a similarity in the description. The inventor does not need money. He says he wants to give away the motor because mankind needs affordable energy. It has to be further developed until some years in the future, we will be making electricity with it in the basements of our housing units.

blog.hasslberger.com...

Also, regarding the inventor:

This one was honored in 1972 with the prestigious Rudolf Diesel Medal for inventors, he has well over a hundred patents to his name and has been lecturing at universities all over the world.

Wait......is he saying he is harnessing zero point energy? The quantum foam which is the base line of all space time, it is the smallest quanta we know of, it is to state it simply......pure posibilty, pure energy, at the smallest level all space at all points, is full of millions of fundamental particles popping in and out of existence, none stop all the time.

If he is claiming the be accessing this energy with a home made, DIY device............not really very plausible.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

intrptr

Theres this old adage…

"something from nothing…"

I really wish it were true. It would have to violate the known laws of Physics, though.

As soon as he puts a load on the shaft to produce power enough to turn a generator that gets more energy out than is put in, let me know.

Physics is kind of like law, there are always loopholes - for example. dams generate power through the "perpetual motion" of waterfalls, which is really just water losing potential energy - now, the interesting thing to me is how much energy that is - think of raising a lake bed 20 meters that is only 20 x 20 meters. That would make 8000 cubic meters - no! I can't believe it... I don't know how to do this... I think it would take an integral at this point... any takers?

You guys want to know something cool? The mass of 1 cubic meter of water is exactly 1000 kg! The British calibrated off of that!

I am gonna go with PE = mgh

m - 8000
g - 9.8
h - 20

potential energy = 1.568 million joules - anyway - I am just trying to figure out how much "battery power" a lake like that could hold.

Although here are some real equations.

Source

Water has a density of ρ = 1000 kg/m³, so if we know how many cubic meters of water flow through the dam each second (F), the power available to the dam will be P = ηρFgh. We have inserted η to represent the efficiency of the dam—usually around 90% (η≈0.90).

The height of the water behind the dam is the relevant height for the potential energy calculation, even if a given parcel of water is collected at the bottom of the dam. This is because the pressure of the water above provides the motive force. In the absence of turbines or other restrictions, the water would emerge from the penstock at a velocity of v = sqrt(2gh) so that a flow, F, would require an area A = F/v. For example, Hoover Dam, at 222 m high (in the days when Lake Mead was full!) would eject water at a stunning 67 m/s (150 m.p.h.) if a big hole opened up in the bottom. At the nominal flow rate of 1000 m³/s, this corresponds to a hole about 4 m in diameter. I think we should do it.

So now... the point I'm making in all of this is the magnets have some energy in them because they are magnets. Although I still want to brush up on my physics if anyone wants to take me on -

But here is the deal, what energy went into making those neodymium magnets? What the scientist is doing in this case is increasing the efficiency of the generator he is using to convert that energy to electricity.

edit on 30amThu, 30 Jan 2014 09:26:00 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

oblvion
Wait......is he saying he is harnessing zero point energy?

I don't know.

But if it is to be harnessed, wouldn't it just be drawn in to a device from the environment surrounding the device?

I'm wondering about the acrylic hood on a similar device Engel got the phone call about:

. . . when the motor was covered with an acrylic hood, its rotational speed diminished. Engel does not know the reason for this.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

daskakik

There is a tiny electric motor that rotates the mirror. So it isn't possible to do without electricity altogether? The inventor signals his disagreement. "Eight milliamperes at nine volts", he says. That is only a control mechanism. The power at the shaft is much greater. Engel also thought about a mechanical drive for the mirror directly from the rotor shaft, but opted against this as it would considerably increase mechanical complexity.

Thanks for that, I apparently read the article too quickly and missed it.

I wonder how the mirror disk can have a torque effect on the rotor without back torque on it (or at least very little, judging by the 8 mA at 9 volts)?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
From what I understand, for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. To every push there is a pull. In order to make any set of magnets do what they claim they would have to have monopoles.

I've looked at every which way of spinning magnets around. I even have hundreds of dollars in all kinds of magnets from ferrous to neo's to cobalt. I have some I can't even bring into the house because they are so big and powerful and I don't even trust myself around them. I spun them, and put them in all kinds of order, and did everything I can with them and I just can't break the laws of thermodynamics.

But, that being said, they are so much fun to play with, and you can still make motors and generators with them.

edit on 30-1-2014 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Mary Rose

oblvion
Wait......is he saying he is harnessing zero point energy?

I don't know.

But if it is to be harnessed, wouldn't it just be drawn in to a device from the environment surrounding the device?

I'm wondering about the acrylic hood on a similar device Engel got the phone call about:

. . . when the motor was covered with an acrylic hood, its rotational speed diminished. Engel does not know the reason for this.

Well techincally it would exist in the components of the device,and the air around ( even if it were in a perfect vacuum) the device.

If you take any object and had GOD's microscope, you would be able to zoom in and see the quatumn foam, you could even look at absolutely empty space and it would still exist.

It is thought to be the "fabric" that the universe is made of.

That is odd to me as well, though we have no proof of this actually occuring, that an acrylic hood would slow it down, this makes me think it is possibly harnessing somthing else from outside, like radio or microwaves...etc.

time will tell as myself and others look more deeply into this......well most likely others, as I have to go to bed right now for work in a few hours.

I will delve further into this later on after work though.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Fromabove
From what I understand, for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. To every push there is a pull. In order to make any set of magnets do what they claim they would have to have monopoles.

I've looked at every which way of spinning magnets around. I even have hundreds of dollars in all kinds of magnets from ferrous to neo's to cobalt. I have some I can't even bring into the house because they are so big and powerful and I don't even trust myself around them. I spun them, and put them in all kinds of order, and did everything I can with them and I just can't break the laws of thermodynamics.

But, that being said, they are so much fun to play with, and you can still make motors and generators with them.

Exactly!!!!!!

It is all about fun when playing with magnets.

On a side note, place your head really close to one of those really big and strong ones, this has been known to give one a GOD moment.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
After not finding a single actual video showing the device working, I went back to read the article. I understand that he spins a magnet and causes the other disk magnets to spin. Been there done that. But it's neither practical or useful for work. The more work being done the greater the amount of energy needed by the "mirror magnet"

Sooo... it seems I still have time to crack z code.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Greetings,

1st of all this device is not breaking any laws of physics. This fellow like many others are learning how to use magnetic fields to produce useful work. Magnets are stored energy so it should not be surprising that we are starting to develop their potential.

There have been many variations of the use of magnets to produce work going back before the 1900s.

The mirror is a magnetic that is rotated to provide opposite magnetic fields to"push?" against the alternating magnetic fields on the disk. No voodoo here. Keep in mind that this is a translation so the use of the word mirror is not one I would choose although it is technically correct.

I was in contact with a person who was developing a viable magnetic motor/generator but work on it stopped when the financier passed on. He was at a point where it was producing electrical currant and would have been able to power a house when fully developed. The unit was about 24' sq x 8' deep.

The government over several decades has confiscated over 5000 units of varying advance technology to prevent public use. Right now there are suppressed devices that could be powering our homes and bossiness for free.

As these, and other devices producing free energy become available you are going to see open oppression by the government and utility companies against their use. These technologies are a potential big, big money loser for government and utility companies.
Your government is a business (fascism) and as business does not like to lose money.

You are enslaved. You just haven't been willing to admit it.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

oblvion

Fromabove

Exactly!!!!!!

It is all about fun when playing with magnets.

On a side note, place your head really close to one of those really big and strong ones, this has been known to give one a GOD moment.

I have to tell you that I'm actually careful not to have any one pole side of any magnet facing directly at my head. I know of course they're too weak to do anything, but with what we know right now??? Although, I did discover how to glean an electromagnet force from my hands that registered almost 2 volts of ac current. And dc as well. And when I did this, I had other friends hold hands with me and the voltage went up. I knew it was electromagnetic because the device I used was made of iron. Anyway, I don't want to get too far off topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join