It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA | Six Decades of a Warming Earth Shown in 15 Second Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Sorry for the delay, I was on another thread.

Btw. every disaster should be followed, you don't just pick one, and ignore the rest.

But Global Warming isn't a 'disaster', is it? Like Fukushima, for instance.

The "mainstream" media spouts global warming all day. Meltdowns… zip.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Two things:

1: NASA gets lambasted on this site daily for hiding things, cover-ups, photo shops, and general idiocy. Now suddenly to everyone they are a credible source on something?

2: This year alone the schools have been closed 5 days for extreme cold temperatures. Businesses have been shut down several days also. Guess how many days of school or work have been missed because of hot temps? Zero.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wow those were some pretty colors.

Obama said gw was a fact, in his state of confusion campaign speech. so it must be true.

Time to pay up suckers.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ahhh yes, another statement for global warming..
I am sure we will see plenty of people begin their rant of how
it is not happening.. "But look at the Cold sweeping across the nation,
how is it possible the globe is warming" Well lets just see what happens this summer
again.. I will bet it is Very wet in spots and Hotter than usual. That is of course
if the Chemtrails are not laid heavier than last year.. and by the way,. it has been
sooo nice this cold winter in wisconsin, NOT seeing a Haze in the air from Chemtrailing.

I believe the earth IS warming, But I also believe the next Major cooling is closely near by.

James Lovelock forecasted these extreme swings in weather over ten years ago, his advice..
learn to survive the arctic.(not verbatim)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by Mianeye

Sorry for the delay, I was on another thread.

Btw. every disaster should be followed, you don't just pick one, and ignore the rest.

But Global Warming isn't a 'disaster', is it? Like Fukushima, for instance.

The "mainstream" media spouts global warming all day. Meltdowns… zip.

I would say, we can't determine it as a disaster yet, but should we then wait untill it can be determined as a disaster, cause it might be to late when we reach that point.

Like Fuku, it became a disaster even though it could clearly be seen before it happened, but no one bothered to warn or stop it.

Let me redo the line you quoted.

Every POSIBLE disaster should be followed, you don't just pick one and ignore the rest.

edit on 30-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Since the collapse of the soviet union, half of the weather stations in Russia have been abandoned, so any world wide mean average is a bit skewed to say the least.
Also I just cannot see how less than half of one percent of the atmosphere, (CO2) can have so much effect on the rest, big green house growers even buy CO2 producing machines to put in their green houses!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Was this before or after they "normalized" the data?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Every POSIBLE disaster should be followed, you don't just pick one and ignore the rest.

No problem. That is what we are doing here. Thank you for the replies.

ETA: By the by, I starred every post on this page. Good stuff, ATS.
edit on 30-1-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Just an FYI...

Also, global is not a euphemism for the United States of America!

You give some people too much credit by limiting it to America = global. Hell, many times it's more like "the city I live in had snow yesterday and we never have snow, so global warming is fake." People here will say the weatherman sucks because he said it would rain yesterday and it didn't rain at my house. Never mind that it rained in the viewing area (which is what the forecast is for) that no good weather dude got it wrong!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

So the nearly 100% of all scientits that have looked into this and concluded that global warming is in fact occurring are wrong? I think I'll side with them thank you.

Also 95% of scientists agree that the recent spike in mean timp is human caused. Want links? Do some reading.

Do you people understand the meaning of the word 'fact' ?

The fact is global warming is happening. There is some ( very little) debate on what is causing the recent spike.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would love to see alarmists pay attention to CO2 producers like soda and beer manufactures.

A 12oz(350ml) can of soda contains roughly 50oz(1.4L) of CO2.
On average the US consumes 50gal(190L) every year per capita.(2010)
This translates to 200gal(760L) of CO2 per capita.(estimated 1.52Kg ~standard molar volume rounded off a bit)
So 1.52Kg * 308,745,538(US population 2010) is 469293 Metric Tonnes of CO2 from the US alone.
Humans Breathing Globally         (2,168,000,000 Metric Tonnes/year/) ← This is about 9% of Burning Fossil Fuels Globally
Burning of Fossil Fuels Globally     (24,136,000,000 tonnes/year/globally)

Keeping in mind that beer is carbonated and not included in the figures. One could surmise that carbonated beverages in total are a much higher number. Please understand that this was done using averages and rounded numbers to reduce calculation times. Also, I couldn't find consumption rates on a global scale but I did find rates for individual countries which I am not going to add up because it's incomplete and would be incorrect. Simple searches will find you the information on what is taken from where (ex: how much CO2 is in soda).

I hope somebody somewhere finds this at least entertaining. It was fun to put together while waiting for my laundry to finish. : )

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

So, for all the naysayers, here's the proof... from NASA:

"Global Warming" became a household name when Al Gore come out with is An Inconvenient Truth documentary.

There was bickering all around as conflicting research came out suggesting the the Earth's climate was cyclical in nature, and that Global Warming was a misnomer as we were only experiencing climate change.

But, the question has always been, "who is to blame?" Are humans causing global warming or is the Earth just going through it's natural cycles? Conspiracy theories flourished on both sides.

Some people think global warming is caused by humans. Any "scientist" offering evidence otherwise is obviously bought and paid for by the oil and coal industries.

Other people believe that the Earth is just going through it's natural cycles, and governments jumped at the opportunity to distort facts to fit their agendas. They can use misinformation to implement draconian laws and more taxes (like the carbon tax). This is also the threat that can help them implement their NWO, as it affects the entire world. And, of course, if a scientist does offer evidence that global warming is caused by humans, they are bought and paid for by the government.

Then their are the people who accuse everyone that does not agree with them of being "naysayers" or "climate change deniers."

It's interesting how the double-speak has taken hold. It used to specifically be called "man made global warming" and now it's simply called "climate change."

No one is denying that our climate is changing. You would have to be dumb, def, and blind not to notice weather patterns changing. The question has always been "are humans to blame?"

Or is the Earth going through a natural cycle that is unaffected by our activities?
Or is our sun warming up and having an affect on the planets that orbit it?
Or is our solar system going through some crazy, galactic energy field that's messing with the climates of the various planets throughout our solar system?

Who knows.

Really, it is hard to trust anyone because there are too many agendas at play.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

So the nearly 100% of all scientits that have looked into this and concluded that global warming is in fact occurring are wrong? I think I'll side with them thank you.

Nearly 100% of scientists don't agree on anything. In fact the opposite is true. There are many theories and camps of theories.

Like "Global Warming" for instance. We are just repeating what we hear the most about from media.

You stop becoming scientific when you become theoretic, by the way.

"Theories" are not "science".

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

1: NASA gets lambasted on this site daily for hiding things, cover-ups, photo shops, and general idiocy. Now suddenly to everyone they are a credible source on something?

ATS is not a collective, hive-mind.

Some people here trust NASA. Others do not.

When one does not, that does not mean we all do not. Vice versa.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

But facts is science. And the fact is global warming is occurring.

that is not a theory

-Alien

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rockn82

Thanks for that. I appreciate we are messing with our air. So do cows…

Cow farts

What are you doing to reduce the problem of Global Warming?

"Why… I'm eating the cows." --Ron Satterwhite

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Alien Abduct
reply to post by intrptr

that is not a theory

-Alien

The Earth is flat : FACT circa 1400 AD

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Or is the Earth going through a natural cycle that is unaffected by our activities?
Or is our sun warming up and having an affect on the planets that orbit it?
Or is our solar system going through some crazy, galactic energy field that's messing with the climates of the various planets throughout our solar system?
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

It could be ALL of the above, inc. human burning of fossil fuel, we really don't know...Yet.

But one thing that should be taken in to concideration, is the lack of plantlife to absorb, the co2.

It is no secret that a huge chunk of plantlife have been destroyd by human and switched out with concret and asfalt and crop fields, so even though Earth has had periods with high co2 levels before, nature could balance it out by it's own.

That is the problem with the co2 that no one ever mention in here.

And a sidenote: NASA has never been proven to lie...ever, the reason they are being blamed for lying, is because of the ufo phenomena, and as UFO has never been proven to exist(extra terrestial that is) well, how can NASA be lying.

It's a bad excuse for people who has no argument of what NASA present, it's pathetic.

edit on 30-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

rockn82

Alien Abduct
reply to post by intrptr

that is not a theory

-Alien

The Earth is flat : FACT circa 1400 AD

but that was proven wrong so I encourage you to overturn the fact that global warming is occurring go ahead and prove that wrong .

-Alien

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I think you slightly missed my point. There are some things that we know as "fact" which will be proven wrong when we garner a further understanding of those "facts". The reference to the world being flat was quite simply that. It was a fact that was proven wrong as time went on. Just because somebody tells you something is a fact you should not discount all other information relating to the information being given.

You asked that I prove them wrong. Well, first off my intention is neither to support or deny "global warming". That being said, there are "facts" that we know of today that do severely impact the whole anthropological global warming issue. Is the Earth getting warmer? Perhaps.
      Aside from the data showing that the last 15 years has seen no rise in the mean temperature (Breitbart). Along with this back in 2003 it was announced that Pluto's atmosphere has increased in density as it is moving away from the sun. This is an indication of the dwarf planet heating up. What is the cause for this shocking heating? After all it was revealed that this warming is occurring during its orbit as it moves away from the sun. Now I have seen a couple debunkers try and say that it has taken on heat, kind of like the Earth does, and it takes a bit to cool back down but for me the explanation can be discounted out of hand. The Earth does not take months to "cool" off from being nearer to the Sun in it's orbit(NY Times). In 2007 National Geographic did a story on Mars and how it was warming up(National Geographic). Still down the road are stories of other planets in our solar system warming up. Is the Earth warming? Again I say perhaps. Could it be because of our Sun? Perhaps. Do I believe it is because of humans? No. That is just silly.
     Now I have entertained your question as to proving them wrong (although admittedly not in great detail) but perhaps you will honor me with a similar rebuttal. If I am to prove to you they are wrong, please prove to me that if the solar system is heating up then why can't Earth be warming like the rest of the planets?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join