It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Yea those Celts were and are really into their magic. They probably ate mushrooms and stared at things until they, the thing, started spinning.

edit on 15-5-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

On the subject of Orion...

The earliest known "depiction" of the constellation of Orion was found on a pre-historic mammoth ivory carving.
Found in a cave in Ach Valley, Germany in 1979. Estimated to be 32k-38k yrs old!! WOW! (Who lived in that area at that time??)

According to the Babylonian Star catalogues, Orion was known as the "Heavenly Shepherd" or "True Shepherd of Anu".

It was sacred to Papshukal and Ninshubur (Minor Gods fulfilling the roles of "messengers to the Gods").
And... PAPSHUKAL was closely associated with the figure of a WALKING BIRD ON BABYLONIAN BOUNDARY STONES!

Remember our "Birdmen" friends from earlier in the thread?

I think I remember ancient Egyptian references to Orion as being associated with Osiris? (Male) and it's "companion" Sirius with Isis (female).
Orion nearly always seems to be seen as a "Hunter" in the ancient traditions?? (Re-enforcing the "male" association?)

cool stuff.

G

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains
a reply to: beansidhe

St Patrick?

(at any rate this style propaganda memorial is well established in the Thrace)

Could be older. This is 8th century BC.

Isaiah....
the Lord will punish with his sword—
his fierce, great and powerful sword—
Leviathan the gliding serpent,
Leviathan the coiling serpent;
he will slay the monster of the sea.

I believe this is Etruscan.

edit on 16-5-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Narmer Egypt (in the full image Narmer is also holding the front locks of a kneeling captive.

Mixteca

These images demonstrate the age but more importantly the widespread distribution, and there are many more flung far afield, of the Orion ass unifier, conqueror ect. Goes back to the most ancient ideas about the Orion constellation as prophesy of a coming ordained world dominator. Or Boötes depending. However Orion is really the only constellation that even remotely demonstrates a human figure really.

Here Narmer, mace head, is clearly demonstrated as Boötes or SHU.PA. in Babylonian.

edit on 16-5-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

To the point is the use of Boötes figure in Pictish propaganda monuments. The dogs of war flushing assorted beasts. Pictish style is closer to Thracian use and style.

More. Spear is consistent with Boötes.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ok, I am deciphering this pagan stone in Göbekli Tepe

I think the lower carving depict the moon. Crescent and the whole moon, like this

As for the upper carving, my wild guess is, the milky way. That is the Sagittarius Arm, divided into two parts

The Astronomer

edit on 24-5-2015 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sorry, everyone, for thread abandonment. I've had a problem with computer wires until I had a brainwave - buy a new plug. Genius, and problem solved.

I've got a lot of catching up to do, but let me throw this in as a reminder:

The constellations of Taurus and Auriga are actually fused together into a large pattern in the sky which tells the tale of Hu Gadarn, the first man to link oxen to the plough. The entire assembly starts with Bootes the herdsman, that role now taken by Hu Gadarn, moves in a line through Ursa Major and comes down through Auriga to Taurus the oxen. If Hu is handling the plough, then it is easy to see why the seven stars of Ursa Major are so named in British tradition, although why Auriga is seen as the link to the oxen is now lost. In Welsh folk tales, Hu Gadarn rescues the land from a fearful monster, the Afanc (associated with Scorpius).

Bootes is a good call, I hadn't made the Egyptian connection.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

On your top picture, are they two figures holding hands? In profile, facing each other.
If you can decipher some more of Gobekli Tepe (no big ask
) keep us up to date, because it seems like these astronomical symbols are the oldest and most globally recognised of all symbols.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
Sorry, everyone, for thread abandonment. I've had a problem with computer wires until I had a brainwave - buy a new plug. Genius, and problem solved.

You see? This is what I am talking about. This is how the Picts beat up the Romans. It brings tears to my eyes.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Cool

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

Hi BEANS!!!!

OK, bear with me here... I'm just thinking out loud AGAIN!!! LOL sorry!

In Ove's top picture... it does look to me like 2 figures holding hands (They almost look like chubby shrews??)
But, could the gap between them... look like the wheat stalk that we talked about earlier??
(I remember that we couldn't figure out why the "wheat stalk" image kept cropping up and presumed it was to do with harvest or similar??? what if the wheat stalk was a representation of the gap between those two figures (or constellations)? - Could the previous Wheat Stalk carvings be a derivation or alternate depiction of these same figures/constellations?)

kindest regards,
Big G

PS - the 2nd "moon" image looks like a Mill stone to me!
LINK to Millstone image
edit on 6-11-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

edit on 6-11-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: to add link

edit on 6-11-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: to fix photo links

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Hey Gordi!

I love ATS, it makes me laugh and cry within the space of minutes - chubby shrews.

what if the wheat stalk was a representation of the gap between those two figures (or constellations)

The gap where the lights comes in? (still missing Leonard Cohen)
I don't know, it could have began as that, of course. I like the thought of that, very much. Let's go with that for a bit and see where it takes us.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

I love ATS, it makes me laugh and cry within the space of minutes

I think I mostly just cry.
But it wasn't what ATS or anything did to me.

It's what I did to me...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Well, there's none of us perfect, nope, not a single one. Keep on going, you'll get there in the end.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think I'm finally losing the plot!
I noticed that the double-circle images (like in the Z-rod) looked like Con-rods from an internal combustion engine... "rods"???

So, I started looking at engine diagrams.... bear with me!! I KNOW... I KNOW!!!

I came across some diagrams and photos of engine parts from a Rotary engine...
I KNOW that it's just co-incidence.... but..... take a look?

Is it just me?

Also found a neat diagram of how an ancient crane might have worked and the angles reminded me of a V-Rod!
(Or compasses) that we've seen so often.

I'll get ma coat.... LOL

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

It is a well known FACT that the Picts developed the combustion engine, an idea stolen off them and later patented by a foreign interloper.
There's a whole lot of Pict in your pictures, though!

We thought about compass/sextant for the V-rod, you're right, I remember, but the funny thing is I have always thought that the z-rods looked mechanical. They're always drawn that way. BUT WHY?? This will drive me bonkers, I swear.

Ok, so what if the v-rods do represent a crane angle as opposed to the phases of the moon? Let me investigate some Iron Age building practices, or what we know of them. It's not a bad idea.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

You mean I can loosen my straight jacket a wee bit??

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

WOW! The Scoonies are back! Well anyway I used to think that nick name cover the lot buy I see its for the area of Fife only?

Anyways hows you guys been? We created the greatest thread ever! I still roll info we dug up here around in my thoughts every day it seems.

By he way how do yous guys like our new Scott Pres? We haven't had one in years.......a few Irish here and there maybe.

edit on 18-11-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Hi Log! :::waves:::

I'm doing fine, and you're right! The Pagan Stones thread ROCKS! (See what I did there...? LOL)
I remember reading the first few pages with my jaw hanging open until i managed to join in a wee bit.

It would be great if we could take it to the next level and make some fresh breakthroughs.

Uhm, on Scots Pres..... uhm.... I take the 5th!!!

Nice to see you again!
G

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Hey Log!!! Big hugs to you! Jocks is fine, we're not proud.
Although, technically Gordi's a weegie.

Since we're all here, we should give this another go - I had so much fun with this thread. Let me help Gordi off with his straight jacket and we'll get moving.
Having said that, I need to head out but I'll be back later tonight.

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98 >>

join