It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hmm. Some conflicting stories, but a common theme:

In Gaelic, it is Slighe Chlann Uisnich (the track of the children of Uisneach) and there is one story which you can read here explaining how a young woman fell in love with one of Uisneach's sons. They were buried apart, but the trees that grew from their graves joined over time to form an arch. Hmm, possible.

In Welsh, it is either Caer Wydion (House/fort of Gwydion) or Sarn Gwydion:

His uncle Gwydion searched for him and found him as the constellation Aquila after traversing Sarn Gwydion>, the Milky Way, and eventually restored him to life again. This story ties in with religious beliefs regarding the birth, death and re-birth of the sun from Celtic legends.

Under a Celtic Sky

And in Irish books, it is Bothar Bo Finne (Track of White Cow):

In Irish legends the Milky Way appears as Bothar Bo Finne - 'The Track of the White Cow'. Thinking for a moment about the source of milk and its characteristic colour makes this a poetic but rational extension of the Milky Way. In a recent article in The Ley Hunter [12] Nigel Jackson has argued that this links further to a wider European mythology in which the Daena or 'lactating cow' acts as psychopomp empowering spirit. Jackson also notes that in Lancashire dialect too the Milky Way was the 'Cow's Path'. Although I do not want to repeat the details of this article, the conclusion of Jackson's article is that there may be 'a mythic affinity between the churchway/deathroad and the Milky Way as the 'Way of Souls'.'

Royal Roads and the Milky Way

So spirit doorway/Milky Way/galactic centre/gate to the otherworld?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A couple more:

In the second picture, the Z rod reminds me of a plumb-bob. Comb and mirror seems to be a common partner for the 'gate' too.

I'm going to hunt for more stories!

Edit: They all look like plumb-bobs now. Anyone else see that?
edit on 23-8-2014 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Looks like Horus, Gateway of the Sun, Equinox ect.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It just popped into my head - re: Goidel Glas, Glas = Green etc
That Osiris was often depicted as being green skinned???

LINK to Secrets In Plain Sight site

from ancientegypt.co.uk:

Osiris Appearance: A mummified man wearing a white cone-like headdress with feathers
Osiris was the god of the dead, and ruler of the underworld.
Osiris was the brother/husband of Isis, and the brother of Nepthys and Seth. He was also the father of Horus. As well as being a god of the dead, Osiris was a god of resurrection and fertility. In fact, the ancient Egyptians believed that Osiris gave them the gift of barley, one of their most important crops. A large temple was built to honour Osiris at Abydos

Any connections?

G

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

a reply to: Logarock

So you both, at this moment, thought of an Egyptian response? That's weird, or else you two are in synch!
Osiris is Seth's brother (lettuce eater and strangeness) - I think I remember.
Green has a very long history of symbolising resurrection then? (Someone else had a thread about 'green' today, I was drawn to that too...)
If Osiris is underworld/rebirth/growth so too is Goidel Glas, bringer of language, son of Scotia (the Egyptian princess, how fitting..?).

ETA -Gordi, who is that wee cutie in your av? He's adorable!
edit on 28-8-2014 by beansidhe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Hi Beans,
That would be Callum, my eldest son, when he was a wee boy of 3yrs or so, sporting his very first Kilt!
G

PS - His baby pic is EVEN cuter!!! LOL

edit on 28-8-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Ooh, look at his CHEEKS! He's adorable! And those blue eyes!! I've got an urge to post pics of my babies now, but I'll wait for an appropriate thread, lol!
But I will post some green weirdness:

The constellation of Gemini is seen by the Celts not as twins but as two men battling over the love of a woman. They are Gwyn and Gwyrthur, the sons of Greidawl who seek the hand of the lady in red, Creudyladd. Ladies in red are seen in modern times as of dubious repute, but in ancient times red was the colour a bride wore as an outward expression of her virginity.

This story has become synonymous with Sir Gawain and the Green Knight in Arthurian legend and is referred to in the folk song, “Green grow the rushes oh”. In Celtic traditions, Gwyn and Gwyrthur are known as the “Rivals of May” and are interpreted as being the light and dark halves of the year battling it out as they set at midnight on the first of May, the Celtic feast of Beltane, the start of the summer season and hence important agriculturally for the growth and harvest of crops.

Under a Celtic Sky

So a Beltane link, makes you think of resurrection and vibrancy, regrowth.

The Burryman or Burry Man is the central figure in an annual ceremony or ritual, the Burryman's Parade, that takes place in South Queensferry, (Gaelic Cas Chaolais) near Edinburgh, on the south bank of the Firth of Forth in Scotland, on the second Friday of August. The custom is associated with, but separate from, the town's Ferry Fair.[1] The meaning of this ceremony has long been forgotten, but it has been the cause of much speculation.[2] It is sometimes said that the custom was first recorded in 1687 (when the right to hold the Ferry Fair was originally granted[3]), but it is widely believed to be much older.

Similar ceremonies used to be held in other Scottish fishing communities, notably Buckie on the Moray Firth and Fraserburgh, to 'raise the herring' when there had been a poor fishing season.

Burryman - wiki

Not just us Scots who are bonkers, here are some English types:

Jack-in-the-Green

Goidel Glas does seem to represent something about rebirth and renewal - a messenger between planes perhaps.

And er, Gordi...your sig is outstandingly 'Goidel'! Lol!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
A couple more:

I found this pic in my file and posted it for some comparison.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Seeing it like that, and considering the notched rectangle as the Milky Way for a minute, would make the eagle...Aquila?

Aquila lies just a few degrees North of the celestial equator. The alpha star, Altair, is a vertex of the Summer Triangle asterism. The constellation is best seen in the summer as it is located along the Milky Way. Because of this location along the line of our galaxy, many clusters and nebulae are found within its borders, but they are dim and there are few galaxies.

Aquila wiki

To the Welsh, Perseus represents their hero Llew Llaw Gyffes, who was the child of Arianrhod (herself represented by the constellation Coronae Borealis). He was killed by his treacherous wife and her lover but, at the moment of his death, his soul turned into an eagle: Gwalchmai or the “hawk of May”. His uncle Gwydion searched for him and found him as the constellation Aquila after traversing Sarn Gwydion>, the Milky Way, and eventually restored him to life again. This story ties in with religious beliefs regarding the birth, death and re-birth of the sun from Celtic legends.

Under a Celtic Sky

I really think we're onto something here!!

eta: I need to check out this Gwalchmai fellow/hawk of May

edit on 31-8-2014 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

These Pict stones, we have said before but its worth repeating, seem to have connections way back. Before any evidence of Thrace, Norse ect in Alba. Which indicates a long, long standing connection with the parts of the old world being considered while the main body of the Celts were in their infancy elsewhere, pre Milesian.

Or they represent longstanding connections to other parts that were transferred later. There is indication in Hebrew records that outpost or connections remained in Egypt at the fall of Jerusalem. And with the "Isles" at the same time being established. What a jigsaw.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

What did I just say? LOL I am babbling but wasn't drinking at the time!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

No, no you're right! In a mixed up, jigsaw way, you're right. I've been busy, but I'm going to get back to this tonight. I want to look at the Milky Way and it's depiction in other cultures and times. I think we're right to think of ancient rather than Dark Age, there's plenty of evidence to suggest these stones are much older than suggested

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You know something - this is ancient stuff, and a direct link back to it. Look at this:

It's the Milky Way, or rather the shape of it as we see it. This writer from Native Science makes a good case for the Swedish petroglyphs showing the Milky Way, often misinterpreted as a boat:

or seen as a man:

In the 'man' picture, the centre or fixed pole upon which the Milky Way 'spins' is seen as a sun wheel type shape. Again, another example of the fixed centre and spinning stars within a Milky Way figure:

The first thing of note, in this theory, is the similar shape of the styilised Milky Way...

...to our 'h' shaped rectangles:

The second thing is our own spinning man:

Shown here driving a sword through Samson, as Samson strikes a Philistine.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

You know something - this is ancient stuff, and a direct link back to it. Look at this:

Wow I have been waiting to jump back in. (Had no broadband and limited capabilities. Hi everyone!
)

The above picture follows the same curvature as the astrological sign wave.

I'll garb a picture....

Again, gone but not forgotten... More occult.

I love how in that world there is just one land mass, everything is connected.

Spirit science on sine waves...

(Did I post this earlier?)

edit on 5-9-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Hey Wifi, good to see you!!

Sine wave, yes it is that shape now you say it. The thing is, the Swedish rock carvings are from around 1500- 500 BC, Bronze age, pre-Milesian stuff. And it looks like we're still seeing them in Dark Age Scotland (there are very few phrases as bleak as Dark Age Scotland!)

I think this is a pretty solid argument for our notched rectangles being Milky Way/star gateways if you will.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I had posted something similar in the stargates are real thread not so long ago.

So do we think they are actual stargates or metaphysical? I'm sure the human body and consciousness play into it.

Could the Picts have been visiting "the other side" whilst still alive and well? Phsycodelics could allow this, but so can knowing the secrets of rebirth and regeneration.

Death can be symbolic, kind of like the blackness or negrido (spelling?) in alchemy, and a metaphor for a doorway in a mystery school. A kind of experience to be lived.

edit on 6-9-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Where is this picture from please....

Is there anymore information about it?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It's from here: Milky Way Contours. His articles are quite good; he sees petroglyphs as depicting the Milky Way rather than Sun worship.

I think, from what I've read to date, that the Picts would have seen this as a metaphorical gateway. We know they believed in reincarnation and it seems like they thought the Milky Way/notched rectangle was the doorway to the afterlife. I think. Maybe.
That's not to say that the druids didn't practice altered-state otherworld visits. Maes Howe is one example of a chambered tomb where the acoustics have been found to induce altered states of consciousness. In fact, lots of stories of otherworldy types like fairies exist, and music is usually involved. Men lured by the sounds or music of the fairies, they visit the fairy realm and return an hour or two later only to find that years have passed. That's a pretty prevalent theme in fairy stories.
I wonder what Iolo Morganwg has to say about this (I shall have a look).

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Thanks, I have been working on this... It's about the third eye, but metphorically, also a possible doorway.

tpuc.org...

I seem to be mapping out the way back to "that place." Lol.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Is that a relative of beastie? bottom centre of the picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join