It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The The Pictish Beasti looks a lot more like a sea horse than a dolphin IMO, but I don't believe those are that far north.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ThisIsMyRifle

Hi, welcome to ATS!
I think you're right about a seahorse or rather a sea-horse, a kelpie.

Pictish beastie page

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Michty me! That is a really interesting link, it's going to take a bit of reading:

From 250-100 BC, Samartia from the East invaded south Russia; this forced the Sagetae (Scythians) that lived there further west into the Teutones (Germany), Swithoid, and some went north into Poland. These warlike descendents of Gad came to be called ‘Getae’ or ‘Gauthie’ and later as ‘Goths.’ Among them also were the Scuths (later called Scots).

More links about goidelic/gaelic coming from Gad/God. Thanks Z x

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I could bore you to death with the Saka, Sakya, Shaka, Sukka connections. I may in the future, no time now. I'll tell you this though. Sidharthas name is Sakya-muni Buddha. They are of the solar clan Shakyamuni. Raama comes from that clan.

Isaac = Y-saac = Staff of Saaca, or Prince of Sakya

Remember Ab-Raam =Father (of) Raama.

edit on 30 6 2014 by zardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Now that is really interesting, because quite often the King David 'icon' appears on the stones:

Monifieth

Dupplin Cross

The figure is usually explained as King David, but I couldn't figure out why that story would be important to the Picts, amongst all the many other old testament stories.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

I'll hold you to that, and I'll warn you that it is almost impossible to bore me where this topic is concerned!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
There are too many comments on this for me to read through them all in a reasonable amount of time, but could some or most of these be their interpretations of constellations? Seeing as how many ancient cultures used the stars to tell stories and such. Just by some of their carvings ie. the serpent and zrod, or the discs and zrods, it looks like connecting the "dots" or stars.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If you click where I wrote 'Pictish Beastie page' on my response to you above it will take you straight to the post on page 74 or 75 where (I think) we finally put all the pieces of the beastie together.
I reckon it's an afanc/kelpie and it shows the constellation Scorpius. There's a much better explanation if you follow the link, but to give you an idea here's the beastie:

and Scorpius:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I hadn't heard of Gad before - I was thinking about Dan you see - and if I'm honest, I wanted to rule him out. Things would be much simpler if we could stick to the (almost) tolerated notion of the tribe of Dan and Scots/Irish connection. But of course the Picts were not Scots, as we know. And low and behold, in the 'mythical' section of the Pictish Chronicles (the King's list) who should appear after the fabled Cinge?

Our list of Pictish Kings begins properly with King Gede. As with Cruithne and his seven sons, it is the view of many historians that the names of all the earliest kings, from Gede (No. 1) right up to, though not including, Brude son of Mailcon (No.38), are also mythical. That is not a view that is automatically shared by this author, who sees no reason to reject the validity of the King Lists, and is prepared to accept their provenance.

Sons of Scotland

Early Scotland

In the second link, Gede is mentioned also as 'Gud'.
So the father of all the Picts is Cinge (remember pharoah Cingris?) and his successor is the mysterious Gede/Gud.

And where's Gordi? Did you know Gordi, that one of Gad's sons was called Haggi? You couldn't make this stuff up!!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

It looks like to some large degree that they all hung out together. Dan was the maritime facilitator ect.

Think of the several kingdoms/tribes that were minting coins before the Roman invasion. All of these had some sort of hereditary claim probably. According to the Roman recorders there were some sharp differences between some of these tribes. One that comes to mind often is that the Silurian's were noticeably darker with black curly hair living next to the ginger mountain boys.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Hi Beans - I'm just "lurking" LOL

YEAH! Gede / Gud / Gad / GOD / ....GORDI !!!!!
...I KNEW IT!!!! LOL

I think that it's becoming obvious that there are very many connections between the ancient tribes, which have been lost or obscured over time. Gede / Gud / Gad is a very plausible one to me, (especially bearing in mind that the modern "English" written names are presumably "translations" of older languages, or in some cases "interpretations" of spoken words?)

Haggi! aye I think that one cropped up earlier in the thread? Brilliant!

Righty - I am off for a week or 10 days holidays!! Up in Aviemore, then Stonehaven.
Probably wont be near a computer, but keep up the good work while I'm away!!
You guys ROCK!

G

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hi,

I did not went through all the thread but I just wanted to share.
I was looking at some pagan stone I had on my computer this morning and then I went back to my reading on water from Viktor Schauberger. I've seen a lot of circle with some kind of wave on the pagan stone and I taught that it was looking a lot like Viktor handmade scheme of water vortex which is supposed to be very good for the soil and harvest.

Here's Viktor handmade drawing of water vortex

And here's one of a picture of what I think looks like Viktor sketch

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: atomik22

I mentioned about water earlier kind of being a medium for the mind to make sense in instead of a void.

Psychonautics they were...

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe walter russel touched on vortex machanics, but multiple vortex means he was eons behind the Picts...

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-7-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The Silurians, that's right, so they did. And the Caledonians were tall and blonde, allegedly. Yes, they do seem to have had a sense of cohesion, knowing that they could call upon each other if they needed to -much like family really.
I haven't had much luck with Perth's double headed eagle yet, but I'm not giving up!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: atomik22
a reply to: Wifibrains

That's interesting, his sketch is identical to the triskeles all over these stones, and other Celtic things.
You've reminded me that the Picts had waterwheels - I meant to add that in when we were thinking about wheels:

(Not this one, obviously, but like this one)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I took a look at a Perth area name registry, genealogy, and there are a fair amount of French surnames floating around. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Pretty interresting. I think they had a better understanding of water than we have... Like the egyptians. Also, it seems that the "water vortex" is linked to harvest like the stone I embedded which seems to have something growing from it... A tree or wheat maybe.

The dog on the bottom look like a horn of some sort. A horn is also often depicted on egyptian hieroglyph. Edward Leedskalnin has also a horn on one of his Coral Castle wall.

Well I am maybe linking too much things which are not related. Who knows!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
My bad, I totally over looked the link before posting.

I am glad to see sometimes my hunches work out as true though!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

They do, don't they? You have good instincts. I believe very strongly in 'folk memory' for want of a better phrase, or maybe 'clan memory' is a better way of putting it - ideas, thoughts, beliefs (memories?) that can be triggered under the right circumstances.
Maybe you were tapping into yours? Either way, I'm sure the beastie is a constellation, as for the others I'm not so sure but it's possible. The animals on the stones could represent their respective constellations, certainly.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

YEAH! Gede / Gud / Gad / GOD / ....GORDI !!!!! ...I KNEW IT!!!! LOL I think that it's becoming obvious that there are very many connections between the ancient tribes, which have been lost or obscured over time. Gede / Gud / Gad is a very plausible one to me, (especially bearing in mind that the modern "English" written names are presumably "translations" of older languages, or in some cases "interpretations" of spoken words?)

Oh no! Your Holiness, forgive us, we knew not whom we were dealing with!

Interpretations of spoken words is right -I think regional accents must have a large part to play in this. Like Aberdonians say 'fit' for 'what' -is that F for W substitution a Pictish leftover? Probably, I would guess. It's also possible that that was why Columba needed a translator when he came over. Same language, just different pronounciation. So the Picts might well have spoken Gaelic, rather than Welsh, or their version of it.

Gede/Gud - Gad is pretty coincidental you have to admit. Most academics, it would appear, claim that this is a mythical king, but what if it is? The point would still be a claim to Gede/Gad, a link, a memory, a story worth remembering and one important to remember. Why would they do that unless they wanted to pass on through the generations -to us - the story of where they came from?

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join