It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Right, here goes.
Tell me what I'm getting right and wrong here.

- 'Bowed dog' - has antecedence in Babylonian symbols for Gods
- Snake - maybe the sun as it passes along through the equinoxes
- Beastie - no idea - a kelpie or a constellation?
- Disc and rectangle -???
- Crescent and V rod - lunar measurements, maybe like the mariner's sextant?
- Comb - almost certainly a 'rite of passage' symbol - becoming a man, very much of this earth (not otherworld). Collecting the comb from Twyrch's hair etc etc suggests this.
- Mirror - the lunar, feminine counterpart to the comb, perhaps.
- Triple oval -???
- Z rod - something about life/death/rebirth, perhaps
- Flower - tree of life?? Tribe of Reuben???
- Arch - ???
-Double discs -probably sun discs - showing the equinoxes, movement of the year?
- Ogee (like a bit of cloth) - ???
- Rectangle/comb case- ???
- Notched rectangle - spirit doorway
- Cauldron/triple disc -???

Also, but not shown:

-Tuning fork - ???
- Shears, tongs etc - blacksmith tools

We're getting there!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

You might like this bean, if you haven't seen it already.

Stargates are real.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe a few questions to the author about some of the symbols could be an idea?

I think the double disc is connected to wormholes/stargates. It's one he'll of a big thread, would take a week to read lol.

I might drop in there tomorrow and ask a few.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

I know you do, sorry, I didn't include them in the list. I don't understand them very well, so they slipped my mind (it doesn't take much!).
That looks like a mammoth thread, but yes that's a great idea to ask for a stargate opinion there. Put a link in here to your answers, if you don't mind, so we can see what you say (that seems a bit nosey, but I'm curious lol!).

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
Right, here goes.
Tell me what I'm getting right and wrong here.

- 'Bowed dog' - has antecedence in Babylonian symbols for Gods
- Snake - maybe the sun as it passes along through the equinoxes
- Beastie - no idea - a kelpie or a constellation?
- Disc and rectangle -???
- Crescent and V rod - lunar measurements, maybe like the mariner's sextant?
- Comb - almost certainly a 'rite of passage' symbol - becoming a man, very much of this earth (not otherworld). Collecting the comb from Twyrch's hair etc etc suggests this.
- Mirror - the lunar, feminine counterpart to the comb, perhaps.
- Triple oval -???
- Z rod - something about life/death/rebirth, perhaps
- Flower - tree of life?? Tribe of Reuben???
- Arch - ???
-Double discs -probably sun discs - showing the equinoxes, movement of the year?
- Ogee (like a bit of cloth) - ???
- Notched rectangle - spirit doorway

Also, but not shown:

-Tuning fork - ???
- Shears, tongs etc - blacksmith tools

We're getting there!

If I may, hehe.

- 'Bowed dog' - has antecedence in Babylonian symbols for Gods - Yes, definitely
- Snake - maybe the sun as it passes along through the equinoxes - Possibly
- Beastie - no idea - a kelpie or a constellation? - The latter I'd say
- Disc and rectangle -??? - Open Minded
- Crescent and V rod - lunar measurements, maybe like the mariner's sextant? Keeping an open mind.
- Comb - almost certainly a 'rite of passage' symbol - becoming a man, very much of this earth (not otherworld) Collecting the comb from Twyrch's hair etc etc suggests this. - Right of passage / Adulthood
- Mirror - the lunar, feminine counterpart to the comb, perhaps. - Contact with ancestors
- Triple oval -??? - I missed that bit

- Z rod - something about life/death/rebirth, perhaps - Again, open minded.
- Flower - tree of life?? Tribe of Reuben??? - Possibly yes. Babylonian, Thracian, many possibilities.
- Arch - ??? - Romanach (all over Europe and south western Asia ((Examples)[ /b]))
-Double discs -probably sun discs - showing the equinoxes, movement of the year? - Sun, Moon or Equinox.
- Ogee (like a bit of cloth) - ??? - Berber / Moor influence.
- Rectangle/comb case- ??? - Babylonian / Sumerian origins?
- Notched rectangle - spirit doorway - Romanach Vercovicium or Romanach Mithraeum.
- Cauldron/triple disc -??? - Danish, Viking origins?

Also, but not shown:

-Tuning fork - ??? - Healing properties? Definitely used by both Celts and Egyptians.

I'm a little behind you though, you know you're passed the four month anniversary of starting this thread Beany? Still going strong so congrats, it's got interest, people want to know these things. I know I do, especially this year hehe..

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I know you do, sorry, I didn't include them in the list. I don't understand them very well, so they slipped my mind (it doesn't take much!).
That looks like a mammoth thread, but yes that's a great idea to ask for a stargate opinion there. Put a link in here to your answers, if you don't mind, so we can see what you say (that seems a bit nosey, but I'm curious lol!).

I posted these questions, just as a general enquiry. I will post the reply when I get it.

327pages! Wow.

I think I'll just ask you some questions op! You may have been asked and all ready covered what I want to know, but sifting through 300+ pages! Lol

I wanted to ask about symbols and metaphors used by ancient people for Stargates.

Also is a stargate a wormhole?

I have inklings, but your knowledge on this subject seems to be vast.

Could things like mirrors, circles and double discs, swirls/spirals, serpents represent stargates and worm holes in ancient rock carvings?

Eg.

Water seems to play a big part in the structure/medium in which to travel but I feel this is used symbolically to represent something we can't see.

Do you think there was a worldwide use of these magic doors once upon a time?

Many thanks

~wifi

edit on 4-6-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

- 'Bowed dog' - gatekeeper
- Snake - wormhole
- Beastie - mythical creature/vehicle
- Disc and rectangle -key/door/wormhole
- Crescent and V rod - direction of wormhole/souls journey to/from diferent realities
- Comb - divine feminin
- Mirror - reflection, as above so below
- Triple oval -???
- Z rod - comic energy/ray (power)
- Flower - wormhole structure
- Arch - bridge connection
-Double discs - wormhole/stargate connection
- Ogee (like a bit of cloth) - ??? Space fabric? (knot work)
- Notched rectangle - spirit doorway- metaphorical doorway.

Also, but not shown:

-Tuning fork - ??? Frequency tuning

It has been noted that these pre cultures were very shamanic and magical in nature.

Some of these stones could be recorded spells.

When using magic, physicle objects are used symbolically in the physical to represent and evoke unseen forces...

Eg.

We separate him, together with his accomplices and abettors, from the precious body and blood of the Lord and from the society of all Christians; we exclude him from our Holy Mother, the Church in Heaven, and on earth; we declare him excommunicate and anathema; we judge him damned, with the Devil and his angels and all the reprobate, to eternal fire until he shall recover himself from the toils of the devil and return to amendment and to penitence.
After reciting this the priests would respond "So be it!" The bishop would ring a bell to evoke a death toll, close a holy book to symbolize the ex-communicant's separation from the church, and snuff out a candle or candles, knocking them to the floor to represent the target's soul being extinguished and removed from the light of God.

Symbols are used like physical object but are placed onto floors and walls to create doorway for entities And energies to come and go through.

Just a "magical" thought.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

yeah i have considered that. like the spiral artworks. one of the problems in this area is some astronomy symbology seems to be intermingled and in some cases, may even seem to be saying a totally different thing, while using symbols that would otherwise fit a gate/wormhole reference.

for example, the precession of the equinoxes. a scholar who did a study on ancient astronomy, came up with various ancient artworks to support his theory that looked suspiciously gate/wormhole related, but which he claimed showed the ancient astronomers charting precession. i'm really stumped on that one because to me, they look very wormhole/gate related. and i mean VERY.

could you link me to a larger version of the image in your post or link me to where you got it? is it a gobleki tepe art?

To which I replied.

a reply to: undo

It is Pictish... Pre- Celtic I can do better and link you to a thread full of these stones.

I recently joined in the thread when the wormhole symbology stood out to me. I find it interesting that all modern acedemia is pointing towards sun worship, so as if to distract masses of people from truth.

So they may just pop in.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

oh my, this will take some research before i can get even an inkling of an idea what is going on on these stones. i haven't studied the picts yet.

Lol.

i will state for the record though, that the example of platonic solids provided at the stone balls link, looks suspiciously like the various stages of embryonic development/cell division.

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

Link to further posts.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ramcheck

Hey hey! 4 months! Wow!
Yes it feels very pertinent this year of all years - we'll have it wrapped up before September, I'm sure! Do you know, I left work today and saw a saltire in the sky. The person I was with claimed it was just aeroplane trails, but I wasn't so sure...

Ok, we're agreeing on some definites here and there's some need a lot more work. But there seems to be a pattern emerging, or rather a glimpse into their mindset, I feel.
I like your Berber/Moor idea - something Carthagey for the so-called Ogee. I also really like the healing idea of the tuning fork - that 'feels' right, like something they might do, and advertise. I'm going to check something I read a while ago about tuning forks.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Oh that's cool, Wifi!

You know wormholes are above my brain capacity, and there are no stories that have remained about them BUT, but the stories that are prevalent in Scotland's folktales are often about people who meet the fairy folk, go away with them for an hour or two only to return 8,9,10 years later unaware that so much time has passed. Scottish fairies aren't sweet winged things, they're more like MIBs - very creepy.

Two things that jump out straight away from your post -the beastie as a vehicle. That is interesting, very interesting. A kind of psychopomp or as a spirit 'body' to be inhabited for an otherworld journey? And spells.
Some of the stones definitely look magical to me. Here's a good example:

You see what doesn't fit is the obviously religious iconography alongside all the other symbols. To me that suggests that they saw all the symbols as religious and could happily co-exist together. In their minds they were decent, God fearing folk ( as we would say) and so saw all the symbols as spiritual/magical.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Oh that's cool, Wifi!

You know wormholes are above my brain capacity,

I'm sure they are not, you don't need to be a quantum boffin, just have a sound concept.

Apparently the paradox says you could go through a wormhole back in time and shoot yourself. Riding something like a beastie in the spirit plane is the way to do it. You would be in another realm just out of harms way, a safe guard to prevent disaster, also apparently, keeping within the laws of physics means it is wholly possible.

and there are no stories that have remained about them BUT, but the stories that are prevalent in Scotland's folktales are often about people who meet the fairy folk, go away with them for an hour or two only to return 8,9,10 years later unaware that so much time has passed. Scottish fairies aren't sweet winged things, they're more like MIBs - very creepy.

That's interesting, men in black? Is that a metaphor? I'd like to hear a proper description.

I interpreted it as a big black woman wearing a sparkly dress(the cosmos) then the jungle came alive and took me!

Two things that jump out straight away from your post -the beastie as a vehicle. That is interesting, very interesting. A kind of psychopomp or as a spirit 'body' to be inhabited for an otherworld journey? And spells.
Some of the stones definitely look magical to me. Here's a good example:

Yep, been there done that! Lol. The dragon door. This is why I ask is this really forgotten?

You see what doesn't fit is the obviously religious iconography alongside all the other symbols. To me that suggests that they saw all the symbols as religious and could happily co-exist together. In their minds they were decent, God fearing folk ( as we would say) and so saw all the symbols as spiritual/magical.

I agree, this is one of the reasons they were privileged to access to other worlds/realms.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

This is just for fun, but oh the joys of googling. You never know what you'll find!

Pict stone, Trusty's Hill, Dumfries and Galloway:
(Bottom pic)

Bellow's Falls, New England:

Surely not!!?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Interesting that zardust mentioned a cell in relation to the double disc...

Watch this!

Posted by goldenobserver about this labyrinth video.

I believe that it is a reference to Wormholes, as i'm sure you are on to as well.

The angle which she passes through IS the key, in reality anyway. Notice that even though she just goes to the left and right the wall never changes or morphs or ripples or anything. She just "reads between the lines" so to speak, or looks beyond her immediate view, looks beyond her "now". By doing this, she can take a 1st class electric slide right through the fabric of time, through a crack in the matrix.  The door was hidden in plain sight. 

I dunno, I have just had so many visions and thoughts about that angle lately. I can not find the words for it, my mind is still trying to comprehend it, which is hard seeing as I can not step towards that angle (yet anyway lol). That is why I call it the impossible angle. It is as if it is a space between the physical and the astral. 

l first came to be aware of this angle when meditating a few months ago. I could feel my astral body, but noticed that it was sitting at a slightly out of line angel in relation to my physical body. I was immediately blown away by the feeling of the angle, if that makes sense. Like I said, I could NOT completely comprehend it, but I could SO STRONGLY feel it's importance.

That angle is 100% accurately portrayed by the film clip. That lets me know that someone somewhere has answers. I really do feel that it is the key to freely going between planes. Maybe i'm wrong, but my heart tells me I am not

Posted by me earlier today...

Watch this video my friend...

Pay attention to what happens right at the end. You are going to love this!

Watch the whole video though, I'm hoping it will make the video In my last post make sense.

Be water my friend. Lol

I am seeing that exact angle and description and movement in this symbol.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Dbl post

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ramcheck

Hmm. Sound healing/tuning fork searches takes you to some very dark places, alongside chakras and forms of ear-candles - new agey things that make me twitch (please don't tell me you're a sound-healer. Apologies in advance, if so!).

However, apparently this is old hat to the ancients:

The sanatorium at Dendera, Egypt where patients would lie in small stone 'cells' for music and dream therapy.

The Egyptians believed that vowel sounds were sacred, so much so that their written hieroglyphic language contains no vowels. We can, therefore, safely assume that vowel sound chant carried a powerful significance for their priests.

Egyptian priestesses used sistra, a type of musical rattle instrument with metal discs that creates not only a pleasant jangling sound but, as we now know, also generates copious amounts of ultrasound. Ultrasound is an effective healing modality and is used today in hospitals and clinics so it is entirely possible that ceremonies in which many sistra were used were not merely employed to enhance the musical soundscape but were intended to enhance the healing effect.

Sound healing

The link is worth a read. Greeks, Egyptians, Tibetans - lots of cultures have used sound for healing. Mae's Howe, again much, much older than our stones, but same country, has been recognised as having sonic/acoustic properties.
Funnily enough, Rosslyn pops up in the article too:

An example, among many cultures that use vowel sound chant, are the Tibetan monks who have a tradition extending back at least a thousand years. One of the earliest western scholars to reach Cathay (modern day Tibet but then a province of China) was Sir Gilbert Hay, the architect of Rosslyn Chapel, near Edinburgh, Scotland.

As a musical instrument the gong has wonderful healing properties because it contains virtually the whole spectrum of audible sound. Human cells, immersed in the gong's sound field, absorb the frequencies they need—a kind of sonic food—and reject what is not needed.

We cannot know for certain whether Sir Gilbert brought back this healing knowledge to Scotland but anyone who has experienced the wonderful acoustics of the Rosslyn Crypt will know that this is not accidental. It is also likely that Sir Gilbert acquired cymatics knowledge in Cathay that he employed in creation of the Rosslyn Cubes. These are cube-like carved stone structures that decorate the ceiling of the Lady Chapel and in which he embedded a sacred melody in cymatic sound symbols. Thomas and Stuart Mitchell recently decoded this music and it takes the form of the beautiful Rosslyn Motet.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Human cells, immersed in the gong's sound field, absorb the frequencies they need

Mind blown! Again! Lol.

Goodnight!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That's a great video. Yes maybe the same angle, they certainly insisted on maintaining that angle in the Z rod. The V rod also has a specific angle - I think that's what keeps pulling me back to the idea of measuring.
Very interesting that you see movement being depicted (always funny) in the brooch's Z rod and discs. They could be showing movement, couldn't they? Spinning in opposite directions.
Hmm.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Ha ha ha!
I didn't do that on purpose, honest!

Night night!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I was up in Pictland again today, seeing my Dad who is pretty ill. He spent his life on fishing boats. It was the way he said 'Peterhead', more like pettr -as the Norse are said to have called the Picts, that put them into my mind, while talking about the fishing industry. Anyway, it must have all simmered in there for a while, and I wondered about their fishing and sailing abilities. They were said to have been pirates (but then they would be, of course) but they would also have fished for their families.
Notwithstanding the Sea Peoples connection, the 'settled' Picts would still have fished.
My Dad showed me this 'Mariner's quadrant' - it was an eye opener:

Maritime History

It says in that article linked that these were introduced by the Arabs in the 10th c. I wonder. There's an uncanny similarity in the angles.

I had a look at the word sextant, it's meanings and origin.. I kept getting a vision of third eye and sixth sense while reading it, but I found sextant is also a constalation.

sex·tant  (skstnt)
n.
1. A navigational instrument containing a graduated 60-degree arc, used for measuring the altitudes of celestial bodies to determine latitude and longitude.
2. Sextant See Sextan

[New Latin sextns, sextant-, from Latin, sixth part (so called because the instrument's arc is a sixth of a circle), from sextus, sixth; see s(w)eks in Indo-European roots.]

sextant (ˈsɛkstənt)
n
1. (Navigation) an optical instrument used in navigation and consisting of a telescope through which a sighting of a heavenly body is taken, with protractors for determining its angular distance above the horizon or from another heavenly body
2. (Tools) an optical instrument used in navigation and consisting of a telescope through which a sighting of a heavenly body is taken, with protractors for determining its angular distance above the horizon or from another heavenly body
3. (Mathematics) a sixth part of a circle having an arc which subtends an angle of 60°
[C17: from Latin sextāns one sixth of a unit]

Sex·tans  (skstnz)
n.
A constellation in the equatorial region of the sky near Leo and Hydra. Also called Sextant.
[New Latin sextns, sextant; see sextant.]

www.constellationsofwords.com...

What writers on myth have written on Ourania from this Theoi Project webpage:

"And the sweet-voiced cock [the poet] of lyre-ruling Ourania." - Greek Lyric IV Bacchylides, Frag 3

"Since fine-throned Ourania has sent me from Pieria [cult centre of the Mousai in northern Greece] a golden cargo-boat laden with glorious songs." - Greek Lyric IV Bacchylides, Frag 16

"For the name of each Mousa, they say, men have found a reason appropriate to her: ... Ourania, because men who have been instructed by her she raises aloft to heaven (ouranos), for it is a fact that imagination and the power of thought lift men’s souls to heavenly heights." - Diodorus Siculus, Library of History 4.7.1

"Corymbus of Helicon ... formerly the Musae’s friend, to whom Uranie herself, knowing full well his Stygian destiny, had long foretold his death by the position of the stars [the goddess presided over astronomy as well as astrology]." - Statius, Thebaid 8.548

"[the Mousa] Ourania, who knew all the courses of the stars, a revolving globe like the speckled form of Argos." - Nonnus, Dionysiaca 33.55 [Argos, Argus, became the Peacock, Pavo, representing the starry sky]

Sextan in Latin also means a 'sixth', and SEX is the abbreviation for this constellation, and resembles our word sex from Latin sexus. Latin sex (six), and sex from Latin sexus (the condition of being male or female), are not recognized cognates. According to Ayto Latin sexus has traditionally been explained as a relative of Latin secare 'cut' (source of English section, sector, and insect, the creatures with six legs, etc), as if it denoted etymologically that 'section' of the population which is male or female. The use of the word sex for 'sexual intercourse' was first recorded in the works of D H Lawrence.

The fact that the alpha and beta stars of Sextans are right on the zero latitude line on the celestial equator might have some significance; as though they were marking the coming together of the two hemispheres, the north/south, and by extension the masculine/feminine natures of the spheres of the heavens, that are divided by the celestial equator.

"The number six is expressed either in the hexagon [hex- from Greek hex, six], or, better still, in the six-pointed star formed by a pair of inverted triangles. This, in Hindu terms, represents the lingam penetrating the yoni" [The Penguin Dictionary of Symbols].

Could it be the crescent and vrod?

That sort of tied lots of our theories together! No?

Didnt someone else thought the vrod/crescent was a constellation earlier in the thread?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Oh Wifi! So its a conspiracy! Pointing to the very clear aspects of the sun to deflect folks from the worm hole thingy and ect. Personally I would love to study these stones without having to consider taking '___' or eating a big fat mushroom of some type to gain a better understanding. lol As if what? There's not enough of the esoteric in sun worship? Rather tedious and boring. But no the sun doesn't pass through the underworld or float through the sky on the solar barge. The moon is a giant rock! The real story is how the sun and moon were set in their order, the moon a time piece ect and to answer this the pagans go up in the mountains and sniff volcanic gas and exacerbate their befuddled conundrum.

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join