It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Logarock

....We should consider the possibility that Scotland became the combat zone, an arena of sorts for Celts from everywhere, perhaps staging in Ireland and moving over in mass under the Irish hero's and high kings who probably considered Scotland to be part of Ireland and as some suggest all of Britain under their rule or tribute before Rome. These early Irish ruling families were well known to be bloody and warlike for the large part.

Consider the possibility that Celts and Gauls from all over the oppressive Roman empire could resort to Ireland and the possibilities the island provided for staging large armies into Scotland as a joint unified Celtic resistance front. History tells us that when the Romans finally withdrew from Britain back to the mainland the Irish no less invaded France with a large army to aid the Gauls. This is also around the time that Germanic tribes were forcing themselves on the western flank of Gaul in sort of a pincer move, Franks from the east and armies from the north....

I'm Loving that Idea Log!
Fills a lot of the gaps, so to speak, and makes perfect sense at the same time.
Nice One.
G

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Wifibrains
...Here is a side by side comparison of the Pictish beast and the horse head nebula.
It's pretty good.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hi WiFi, Welcome to the Rabbit Hole!! LOL
That isn't "pretty good". It's unbelievably good!!!
Nice One, and Good Spot!
G

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

beansidhe

The beastie is some sort of composite -dolphinesque thing, and we're still wondering about it's meaning.

"S" is for Sea Serpent Yew See Surreptitiously?
The Sign of Sigma's Nature through a Signature Shaped as the Sine.
It's the Source of the Seahorse that Soars, check the Sores.
It bites it's own Ankle because it's the Anchor, the Cosmic Knot of Naught of which we been Caught.
(That's it's tail that goes into a knot and into it's mouth apparently S+X)

Suddenly Simon Says...
Shhh...it's Secret...Supposedly.

edit on 10-4-2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

Wifibrains
...Here is a side by side comparison of the Pictish beast and the horse head nebula.
It's pretty good.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hi WiFi, Welcome to the Rabbit Hole!! LOL
That isn't "pretty good". It's unbelievably good!!!
Nice One, and Good Spot!
G

Hi G,

I would be interested to know if there are any geological formations in Scotland that would match as a reflection of this shape on the ground, and this symbol is a signature of a pattern within "the image" the Picts where some how able to interpret and record.

~wifi

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 10-4-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Here are some comparisons between names on the two lists. The 1st name is on the Scottish list the 2nd on the Irish list.

Artgal-Art Imlech
Aed Findliath-Aed Allan
Domnall-Domnall Mac Aedo
Mael Muire-Mael Sechnaill Mac Domnaill

Here's what I was looking for:

Of these traditions, some are probably of British origin,
some are the traditions of the Picts themselves,
and some connected with the Irish fables. It is
undoubted that a gTcat (sic) part of the population of
Ulster, though latterly confined within narrow
limits, consisted of a people termed likewise Cruithne,
and that there was also a settlement of them in
Meath ; and there can be little doubt that they were,
in point of fact, the same people. There is even
reason to conclude that, down to the beginning of
the seventh century, they were so closely connected
as to form but one nation. At a time when the...

...whole of the north of Scotland and part of the
north of Ireland was peopled by the same race of
Cruithne, there must have been much intercourse
between them, and both countries must have been
viewed by them as one territory.
Whether, there-
fore, the traditions represent them as first arriving
in Ireland and proceeding to Scotland, or first arri\njig (sic)
in Scotland and passing over to Ireland, it amounts,
in point of fact, to no more than that Cruithne of
the same race were to be found in both countries.

Preface, The Chronicles of the Picts

This is starting to sound more like it. The writer goes on to explain how the matrilineal lineage of the Kings has caused confusion with King's list, and gave rise to the stories that the Picts demanded wives from the Irish.
So the people you've identified above are not even necessarily different people, or could easily have been married or related. The more I think about the Celtic Resistance (as I now like to think of them), the more I like it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Yeah, it is good, it's quite remarkable in fact. Here comes stupid question number one: would they have been able to see this nebula without a telescope? Is it visible to us just with our eyes?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Here is the orion cloud complex also showing the constalation, we can't see these clouds entirely with the naked eye.

The Orion Molecular Cloud Complex (also often referred to as simply the Orion Complex) refers to a large group of bright nebulae, dark clouds, and young stars located in the constellation of Orion. The cloud itself is between 1,500 and 1,600 light-years away and is hundreds of light-years across. Several parts of the nebula can be observed through binoculars and small telescopes, with some parts (such as the Orion Nebula) being visible to the naked eye.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The horse is in the cloud by the lowest star on Orion's Belt.

edit on 10-4-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Point of fact the Horsehead Nebula was discovered by a Scot

(although not until 1888)

It is however, not visible by the naked eye. I regrettably have to write that off.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Aaargh, that's a pity because that would have been a superb match. Just look at it, it's incredible:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

beansidhe

Aaargh, that's a pity because that would have been a superb match. Just look at it, it's incredible:

It's beautiful, wishful thinking haha. just a pity Hubble Telescope doesn't come as human standard vision.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Ramcheck

Point of fact the Horsehead Nebula was discovered by a Scot

(although not until 1888)

It is however, not visible by the naked eye. I regrettably have to write that off.

That is interesting. Maybe he rediscovered it! Not to take anything away from the Scottish of course.
the Pictish beast was native to that reagion. The Loch Ness monster could be another manifestation of this cloud in the consciousness of the locals.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Ramcheck

beansidhe

It's beautiful, wishful thinking haha. just a pity Hubble Telescope doesn't comen.m.wikipedia.org... as human standard vision.

I would not right it off that they wernt able to sense these things somehow.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Wifibrains

That is interesting. Maybe he rediscovered it! Not to take anything away from the Scottish of course.
the Pictish beast was native to that reagion. The Loch Ness monster could be another manifestation of this cloud in the consciousness of the locals.

Again, that would be pretty sweet but the Loch Ness Monster was just a photo of an Elephant swimming, in Loch Ness. Apart from these damn stones we're not that complex a people.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

muzzleflash

beansidhe

The beastie is some sort of composite -dolphinesque thing, and we're still wondering about it's meaning.

"S" is for Sea Serpent Yew See Surreptitiously?
The Sign of Sigma's Nature through a Signature Shaped as the Sine.
It's the Source of the Seahorse that Soars, check the Sores.
It bites it's own Ankle because it's the Anchor, the Cosmic Knot of Naught of which we been Caught.
(That's it's tail that goes into a knot and into it's mouth apparently S+X)

Suddenly Simon Says...
Shhh...it's Secret...Supposedly.

edit on 10-4-2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Why do roughly 90% of your posts sound like a mash-up of a Sesame Street episode and a soliloquy by V from V for Vendetta?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by parad0x122

Does it matter? In the grand scheme of things, it's not ok with you if someone wants to express themselves in their own way?
Wow.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ramcheck

Wifibrains

Again, that would be pretty sweet but the Loch Ness Monster was just a photo of an Elephant swimming, in Loch Ness. Apart from these damn stones we're not that complex a people.

Oh, I thought the legend of nessy went back further than the photo! My bad? Lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

I have no problem with people expressing themselves.

I just posed a question: Why do it in that manner?

Furthermore, do you have a problem with others asking for clarification on a nearly indecipherable / unintelligible block of words?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

When St Columba was booted out of Ireland, for being awful, he claimed to have sent a beast back into the water, which had killed a Pict. After performing this miracle, the folk who were sent to welcome him were so in awe of him that they converted to his religion on the spot, or so the story goes.
There's more than Nessie, there's Morag of Loch Morar and countless sightings around Orkney and the Western Isles of things from hundreds of years ago.
But now you're exposing me as a Nessie nerd, so I'll stop, lol!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Wifibrains

Ramcheck

Wifibrains

Oh, I thought the legend of nessy went back further than the photo! My bad? Lol.

The story of this cryptid goes only as far back as 1933 afaik.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join