It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something wrong with the snow in Virginia...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Alright guys, a friend of mine posted a video on facebook within the passed hour that lead to a lot of us all across the state taking a closer look at the snow. The video (it's private or i'd share) shows him taking a ball of snow and holding a lighter to it. But what happened next is what had us all talking. The snow wouldn't met. Not only would the snow not melt, but it turned black and smelled like chemicals. Of course I decided to go and try it on my own. I live way on the outskirts of the city. I went outside and got a cup of snow. The snow right now is a very fine powder, so I compressed it into a ball. Next, I held a regular Bic lighter up to the snow to see the results. I was surprised to get the exact same results. The snow just would not melt. It turned black and the smell was disgusting, a VERY obvious chemical smell. I still have the ball sitting next to me on a napkin. It's between 80 and 85 degrees inside my house, the 1x1 inch ball of snow has been sitting on my desk for the last hour, and hasn't melted at all. It's just sitting there. Anyone else had an experience like this before? What do you think it could be? Chemtrails? Some of us were wondering if the evaporated water from the WV chemical spill a few hours away could be in the rain and snow.

If you have snow on the ground in your city right now, go try it out for yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by peaceblaster

Not sure why I fell for this...but I just tried it here in north Idaho....melted, no black mess and no smell other than my pride

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Not sure why I fell for this...but I just tried it here in north Idaho....melted, no black mess and no smell other than my pride

Honestly you should be proud that you tested it yourself...not all people would do that...believing this at face value...now that would be something to be ashamed of.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Sly1one

UxoriousMagnus

Honestly you should be proud that you tested it yourself...not all people would do that...believing this at face value...now that would be something to be ashamed of.

LOL...thanks Sly....that makes me feel better....just pictured my kids out playing in fake chemical snow...had to check

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I took a video, i'm in the process of uploading it to youtube. Will post a link when i'm finished!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have noticed that before too. Snow doesn't actually melt any faster when you hold lighter to it. Its due physics. As substance melts, it requires energy, so it cools the snow around the melting part. If the snow is very cold, you have no changes to melt it with lighter, as it requires more energy. Even the vaporization requires energy, that further makes it colder.

And the black stuff, is pitch or something like that.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

What would cause the gross smell? It's really really strong and stinks to high heaven.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I've tried to get this video embedded every which way and yeah I did read the guide. Anyways, here's the video. The first time it didn't melt at all, but as you can see this time it melted a little but it still turned black and the smell is absolutely awful.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

Amazing!

If I hadn't seen those YouTube videos I wouldn't have believed this.

How many states are covered in this stuff?

This material needs to be analyzed ASAP, so people can take precautions!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm in Virginia here and we got some of that snow still piled up. My dog usually likes to eat it so I will go outside and get him a small bowl and spoon a little into the bowl then bring it in for him to enjoy. This time I got the snow and he wouldn't touch it. It sat in the bowl and melted away.

I have not seen these videos yet, and am intrigued enough that I will attempt to do this later today when the sun comes up. We live way out in the country so I should be able to get some from the back yard that hasn't been tainted with road chemicals. I will come back and post my findings afterwards. It's weird for sure and I almost can't wait to test it.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

What the crap?? I'm so cuddled up, warm and snug...and now, at darn near 5am, I Really want too go ouside to make a snowball so I can light it on fire!!!

Damnu denial of ignorance!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Def post your findings when you get around to it!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

I've talked to people and seen evidence from ATL, North Carolina, New Jersey, and Virginia thus far. It seems to vary in areas. Some parts of even the same city are seeing different results - some with regular snow, some with whatever the hell this other stuff is.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
sigh - the " black stuff " is carbon `soot` from the lighter what disturbs me is that I have to explain this

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I haven't tried to melt my snow here in Rhode Island yet as I'm to comfy in bed, but I can say something that I noticed the last couple years is how clean my car is after it snows. I mean it looks like it was just waxed professionally. I'm pretty sure I posted about it somewhere on here last year. I have also noticed that it isn't just my car. The wife' as well as other cars driving around town.

So take a little note of that and see if that is happening where you are as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

What about the smell?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have some family down south.

I'll report our findings as soon as I can convince my mom to go outside and burn some snow.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm not even going to try this - I know my snow melts normally. It's out there 6 months out of the year.

I'd be worried about the air quality all year long, if snow is falling through the air and picking up chemicals....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join