It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 California Towns Will Run Out of Water in the Next 60 to 120 days

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I live right in between #s 2 and 3 on the list. They don't mention us for some reason, but it would almost be impossible for us to not be right alongside them in this situation. I think it's about time to move away from this area.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
People in these communities need to seriously consider stocking up on bottled water NOW.

There are going to be plenty of retailers more than willing to raise prices as the reserves dwindle, bottled water is already more expensive than fuel.

And it's not just Americas that's drying up, Soon enough water will be the new gold.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Nein, they can just get it from Mexico (i'm sure they will be happy to provide).. unless the other side of the border is having the same issue, in which case...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I could not agree more with that. Common sense has truly disappeared now a days.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Because they are chem trailing on purpose to create a drought.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Kaifan
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Nein, they can just get it from Mexico (i'm sure they will be happy to provide).. unless the other side of the border is having the same issue, in which case...

Actually no because there is a water war going on.

You have five states and Mexico fighting over the Colorado.

The Colorado no longer reaches the sea.

It has actually created a desert in Mexico and changed their ecology.

But decades of population growth, climate change and damming in the American Southwest have now desiccated the river in its lowest reaches, turning a once-lush Mexican delta into a desert. The river’s demise began with the 1922 Colorado River Compact, a deal by seven western states to divide up its water. Eventually, Mexico was allotted just 10 percent of the flow.

where the colorado runs dry

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
How about that hairy old suggestion of towing glacier ice down from the Arctic and cofferdamming it next to the shoreline and as it melts, pump it into the reservoir?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

It would make more sense not to inhabit an arid area that has no water....

Just saying and I live in the desert.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Correction: growing food in a desert is dumb because they don't fully use desert growing practices. Israel does a better job growing crops and conserving water than does California.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So have a word with your government. Instead of spending trillions of Dollars on the military industrial complex spend a few millions and build a couple of hundred desalination plants. The Pacific Ocean (on your doorstep) has trillions of millions of gallons just waiting to be desalinated. Job done.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Hollie
Why can't they simply mine/harvest water from the ocean like we do down here?

Brawndo, it's go electrolytes. LOL Sorry I couldn't resist. The electrolytes in the sea aka the salt would kill the crops eventually. It would actually involve work for them to pull water from the ocean. IMO I think crops should be moved somewhere else anyhow with the rise in radioactivity on the west coast or the potential there of.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Hollie
Why can't they simply mine/harvest water from the ocean like we do down here? Is there not a coastline for them to work from? They are already importing loads of ground water as it is. What's the problem as to why they aren't collecting from their own coastline? Please educate me on this!

A desalination plant requires a power station to operate, nuclear powered, coal or gas. Los Angeles could certainly have their own desalination plants, it's not like they are short of power stations. But there's only one reactor in the entire state of California (Diablo Canyon Power Plant).

But it would the construction of water pipelines going from the ocean shoreline, across the mountains and fault-line, then distributed across the state that would be the problem.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If Californians want more water they can mive to British Columbia where it come from
and pay taxes to the land that keeps them alive.

The California vacation is over. Back to reality.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Someone suggested moving to the Ozarks.

Please don't. We like the low crime life, thankya much.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

pikestaff
How about that hairy old suggestion of towing glacier ice down from the Arctic and cofferdamming it next to the shoreline and as it melts, pump it into the reservoir?

Umm, because arctic ice does not fall within the borders of California. The State can approach Alaska but remember most arctic ice falls within Canadian Boundaries.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hrm.

I woke up to this on the radio, this morning:

Are we really that short?

More secrets, more water? The NSA data center in Bluffdale could require as many as 1.7 million gallons of water per day to operate and keep computers cool. Initial reported estimates suggested the center would use 1,200 gallons per minute, but more recent estimates suggest the usage could be closer to half that amount.

“Our planning is anywhere from 1,000 acre-feet per year to 2,000 acre-feet per year, and that represents – if it was 1,000 acre-feet per year, that would be about 1 percent of our total demand,” said Jordan Valley River Conservancy District assistant general manager and chief engineer Alan Packard.

Now, THAT may be worth looking into.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Seems to me it would be reasonably efficient, compared to the usual cost of desalinating sea water, if we just dug a canal to keep the Salton Sea filling from the Sea of Cortez. Besides the natural geothermal source there (which is what Iceland used to solve their water purification problems) there's also the Mojave sun. We could solve this problem in just a couple of years, put a huge dent in unemployment, and make abundant water the basis of our economic security. Of course scarcity is good for the rich and abundance is good for the people, so it's not surprising that this problem has been ignored as it loomed over us for the past 50 years.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
Why don't they just do some Cloud Seeding?

Cloud seeding is no longer considered a fringe science, and is considered a mainstream tool to improve rain precipitation and snow. New technology and research have produced reliable results that make cloud seeding a dependable and affordable water-supply practice for many regions.[

Cloud seeding

you need clouds full of moisture, they don't pass by here on a regular basis like in other parts of the country....I have lived in the central valley of California over fifty years, there are weeks that go by, without a white wisp of a cloud being seen. there are parts of the southern central valley that have sunk several feet due to overuse of the underground aquifers, some foothill towns have already had water lines shut down due to lack of water from runoff. governor Brown is going to up the top tier fine for water wasters to 10,000 dollars from 500 dollars. hundreds of square miles of farmland lay fallow, and are nothing but brown dirt. ranchers are selling off their herds of cattle for beef and cows for dairy products..........and this is just april

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

On the other hand why don't they deport the millions of illegal aliens?
When push comes to shove shouldn't our own citizens get priority?
Or was the plan to get rid of the citizens in the first place?
One has to wonder given the actions (or lack thereof) by our own government.

Eta: I just noticed this is a thread from last year.
Seems the same problems just keep getting worse.
edit on 29-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Doesn't matter how this has happened. If it is happening, then surely we need to help them. Nobody can predict the future, and surely when those cities were being established things were okay.

If someone has lung cancer from smoking, we don't turn our backs on them and say "you did this to yourself, so just lie there and suffer". We help them anyway.

(I'm not sure why, but the thought of drinking sea water, even cleaned up, makes me feel sick. But I guess I could bathe in it and use it for laundry and the dishwasher ... but the thought of drinking it gives me the heebie-jeebies.)

I"d still have to have my bottled water for drinking. I even do here. When it's been raining a lot, my tap water smells like a swimming pool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join