It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China building a new aircraft carrier

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Arnie123

The South China Sea is one location. The Indian Ocean is the other and they've put a lot of resources into their right for a nice Naval base at Gwadar, Pakistan. A lot of resources are going to run high speed rail and transport from Gwadar, through tunnels to cross Kashmir, and into Western China to their domestic high speed rail network.

China is playing a large game for global stakes and must find it amusing how so many over look that. It's a concerning thing tho...

Wait..Wrabbit.....who the U.S. or china....and for that matter....Mexico......or Australia....don't sign out......oh dab nabbit! Is India claiming stake to the ocean in their name...or is china planning a corporate take over....of the Indian ocean...the money is there on all parts...yes laugh even Mexico...

And yes I find it concerning because no one will give another some credit...even if it is not the intention.. does china think they can walk into Pakistan....

Well the u.s. goes to every other nation and makes a base .... so why not....
edit on 29-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Never mind I re read that.....

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Anyone see the similarities to the Japanese back a while? They copied the west's military...got their rear-ends handed to them.

Tried it economically as well after the war...got their rear-ends handed to them.

Yawn....

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're looking in the right direction. There's a lot more for China to gain by heading west. The Chinese have already figured out that their real threat is the population and manufacturing capacity of an industrialized India. Who better to cozy up to than Pakistan, to keep the pressure on?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

nwtrucker
Anyone see the similarities to the Japanese back a while? They copied the west's military...got their rear-ends handed to them.

Tried it economically as well after the war...got their rear-ends handed to them.

Yawn....

Really? The west which handed! Handed them the tech of the west....the west is supposed to be watching/protecting them.....

Though I can't blame them from parting ways...and watching their own butts....
We gave them an F-2... which is a better F-16... then 15 a couple of ships plus our military .....since some sort of pacific trading deal...japan is left out....I feel ashamed this may have happened to them...the u.s. gov allowed it...

But why? The u.s. owes them...Korea....and china...

You know what.. Cheezus chriminy ....!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're looking in the right direction. There's a lot more for China to gain by heading west. The Chinese have already figured out that their real threat is the population and manufacturing capacity of an industrialized India. Who better to cozy up to than Pakistan, to keep the pressure on?

OK avatar of a fat cop cap stunning a college kid in need of hot sauce...but why bother...I like china...so why make a fear case out of it?
P.S. have liked your responses in the past.... no war here... only a point of view....please be honest......heck.. whom I kidding.. be yourself OK.....

Wow totally wrote it wrong......not what I meant ....

OK ... correction of correction...didn't correct... PYTHON sez ...commence.. ...hopefully corrected now! My bad..commence

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Which then forces India into the U.S. camp? I'm getting a head ache...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by Snarl

Which then forces India into the U.S. camp? I'm getting a head ache...

No your right... it was brought to my attention last week...

However India takes the goods....china gets the tech.......

Edit: I honestly don't care.. as long as people don't die. Humanity gets taken care of..and all of the world benefits....
So how do we all choose?

The last part is not just for Snarl......

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

I agree. If we banned gov'ts humanity would be better off by a long shot.

Actually, it could be argued that Iran is the more likely military ally to China in that China is already buying their oil and paying in Yuans. Their first concern being the protection of the oil supply line-their biggest weakness, militarily and industrially.

That's probably why I don't see China as much of a threat for the time being. Her infrastructure is too exposed and fragile to survive a major war....unless they're as crazy as Japan was.....

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

No, when was this? During the Russo-Japanese war where they shocked Europe by defeating Russia? Or maybe the Second World War where we (the British) were incredibly contemptuous of Japanese military skill and technology. Look how that turned out for us...

The British defense of Singapore for example was utterly farcical. The Japanese trounced us. It's summed up by the fact that the British demanded maps of Singapore and when receiving them discovered they were maps of the Isle of Wight instead. That's not to mention the sinking of HMS Repulse and Prince of Wales who went to intercept a Japanese task force without air cover. You can imagine the results of that one...

Contemptuous American remarks about the Chinese only serve to remind of past history. Such arrogance will be your undoing and you may just end up with a rude awakening in the future.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Why would you assume that the US military would take any Chinese threat anything but seriously? Most of the top commanders in the military remember Vietnam very well. they took the norths fighting ability for granted and got a slap to the face. Granted there were a lot of political factors that sealed the outcome of that one. Some posters here might think China's military is a joke but I don't think thats the official word in the US navy.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In the last 200 years, has China come up with any new innovative product/technology that other countries try and copy? I'm not talking about a "better missile" or "better radar"... I'm talking about things like the airplane, tv, radio, car, computer, internet, ect...stuff that changes history. I'm not aware of any?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
In the last 200 years, has China come up with any new innovative product/technology that other countries try and copy? I'm not talking about a "better missile" or "better radar"... I'm talking about things like the airplane, tv, radio, car, computer, internet, ect...stuff that changes history. I'm not aware of any?

So...China must be compared to the world, not one individual country?

That is pretty telling all by its self.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join