It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn!! New Zealanders are TOUGH!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Okay, okay... I have a joke for every nationality, but Im going to have to completely remove all of my New Zealander jokes and put downs.

New Zealander James Grant stabs predator with a knife to get free, swims ashore, sutures wounds and goes to pub for a beer

He stitched himself up... on the beach.. after stabbing a shark... and has a beer at the pub.

www.theguardian.com...

WHo is going to survive the zombie apocalypse? NEW ZEALANDERS!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
My grandfather, also a kiwi, was baled up by a boar (male pig) when he was out hunting on his farm in Oropi one day. The pig had a real go at him then put it's tusk through his calf muscle.

So, what did gramps do?

He slit the pigs throat as it was impaling him, freed himself of it then slung the pig over his horse and rode home to grandma who was both impressed to see the size of the pig he brought home and horrified at the injury in his leg. They went to the local doctor whom stitched his leg up and the next morning he was out milking the cows again.

Yes, we Kiwis are tough alright

edit on 29-1-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thats one tough dude. Heres a link to the number two tough dude.

articles.latimes.com...
news.google.com...,3401722

This guy was bitten by a coral snake, so he bit it's head off and used its body as a tourniquet.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: New link

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Having just arrived back home from NZ a few days ago, I can completely understand this - the beer is very good.

So, he is a 24 year old doctor and

gave himself stitches using a first aid kit he kept in his vehicle for pig hunts. He and his friends then went to the Colac Bay Tavern, where he was given a bandage because he was dripping blood on the floor.

What a story - I bet his friends will pull the piss for years to come.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

That guy definitely gets a badass award. This texan guy is a pretty big badass too:

EDINBURG, Texas — A man bitten by a poisonous coral snake killed the reptile by biting off its head then used its skin as a tourniquet--a move that probably saved his life.

Valentin Grimaldo of Rio Bravo should make a full recovery, said a spokeswoman for Edinburg Hospital.

Grimaldo, 40, was walking with his brother, Fidel, along U.S. 281 on Friday when he reached into some grass and was bitten on the hand. A passerby drove Grimaldo, his snake tourniquet in place, to the hospital's emergency room.

Guy gets bitten by a snake, bites it's freakin head off and uses it's skin as a tourniquet. Badass.

source

edit: looks like someone beat me to it!
edit on 29-1-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

To be fair it was a bite, not a leg that was ripped off. He stitched it because he could, and he drank a beer because he was not seriously injured.
The best survival story I've ever heard was a guy in Alaska who had his head smashed after a winch snapped, and while in the frozen wilderness still managed to get his friend to safety before collapsing in hospital two days alter.
Who was that guy?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Great minds think alike! Lol

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Great stories!!!
Thanks for the participation guys. I was just envisioning this guy... totally blows pajama boy out of the water. LMAO!!

top topics

join